Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I've somehow missed this - at the new Belle Enchanted Tales does she not do a meet/ greet afterwards?

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
I've somehow missed this - at the new Belle Enchanted Tales does she not do a meet/ greet afterwards?
Not a traditional one....

The setup is that all players in the story get a quick photo with her, but no one else does. There is also no interaction to speak of and no autographs.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
czmom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=RachaelA;46443104]She wasn't there last night for dinner.

It was Rapunzel, Ariel, Snow White and Aurora.

Belle is still at Epcot in France though right? [QUOTE]

Oh my goodness, if Rapunzel was at our CRT lunch that would be perfect!

I thought the rumor was Jasmine would be replacing Belle. Rapunzel would be great though!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
chikita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Honestly, I think they knew this was coming and could have had some more trained. There might be a wardrobe issue, but if that's the case, surely they can have Cindy's Fairy Godmother whip up a few extras....... Suzy and Perla don't seem to be out much lately. Maybe they could help too......
I agree and while I have your attention, I think Disney is missing something here. Meeting characters has become a very hot thing, I can't for the life of me understand why they would not take advantage of that.

Along with the characters currently available to meet, I wish they would start thinking of making more obscure characters available and using the beautiful settings and backdrops around the parks for character meet and greets. While I can't wait to see all of the new things at Magic Kingdom, they do not always have to spend millions and millions of dollars to make guest happy and make a huge impact.
chikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
cmh314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

The setup is that all players in the story get a quick photo with her, but no one else does. There is also no interaction to speak of and no autographs.
How do they choose the kids that will participate and get a photo with her? Any idea how many kids they choose per session?
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
cmh314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA View Post
She wasn't there last night for dinner.

It was Rapunzel, Ariel, Snow White and Aurora.

Belle is still at Epcot in France though right?

We just left the new Belle area in FL. Totally hated it. Maybe I'll like it more when I don't have a 1 year old that doesn't understand why all the other children get to meet Belle and she doesn't. Totally a stupid move on my part to even do it!
DD will be over the moon if Rapunzel is at CRT when we have dinner there in April. Rapunzel is her favorite! I hadn't heard that she had been added as one of the possible princesses there.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

Quote:

Oh my...this would be really diffult to explain to my 3y/o why she can't hug or get an autograph with Belle. I'm sort of confused as to what the point is... I think we'll skip it, although I really wanted to see all the magic. Any ideas on if this will change?
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #23
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDisneyCouple View Post
Oh my...this would be really diffult to explain to my 3y/o why she can't hug or get an autograph with Belle. I'm sort of confused as to what the point is... I think we'll skip it, although I really wanted to see all the magic. Any ideas on if this will change?
I think they keep a very tight schedule. I can't think of any other reason. Which is fine as long as she's available somewhere else in the park to meet. Which she's not. Which is why it gets the label "colossal miss" in my book.

Once again, please write Disney if you are not happy with this. I bet they'll be watching closely to see how this goes over:

WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

For the princess with the new village to be the only one you can't meet seems very silly to me.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #24
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh314 View Post
How do they choose the kids that will participate and get a photo with her? Any idea how many kids they choose per session?
In the show we saw today, everyone who wanted to was in the show. I think they even had parts they did not have enough people for.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #25
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
In the show we saw today, everyone who wanted to was in the show. I think they even had parts they did not have enough people for.
But did they tell you ahead of time that you had to have a part to get a photo?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #26
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh314

The time I saw it, the CMs picked from willing participants. After all spots were filled, they made a point of asking if anyone else wanted a part. They must have extra filler props or something. They did not mention at the time that only these folks will get a quick pic with Belle.

This was over a month ago during early tests, but I've heard nothing since to suggest its changed.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
JamieJo23
Earning My Ears

Bummer for us...we're going to be there during the CM previews so we're not going to get to see Belle at MK at all Hopefully we'll be able to find her at Epcot
JamieJo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

That stinks about meeting Belle. My kids are really shy and I don't think they would participate in the show. They wouldn't like getting up in front of a lot of people. But they would like to meet her.
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The time I saw it, the CMs picked from willing participants. After all spots were filled, they made a point of asking if anyone else wanted a part. They must have extra filler props or something. They did not mention at the time that only these folks will get a quick pic with Belle.

This was over a month ago during early tests, but I've heard nothing since to suggest its changed.
It was the same way today. And while they say anyone else can have a part, my 1 year old can't go up and participate therefore she can't meet Belle. I guess technically I could have just followed her around so she didn't run off, but that would have been really distracting to everyone else and I wasn't going to ruin it for everyone.

And it was pretty much 99% children that were given parts (except the 2 Knights) therefore adults don't get to "meet" her.

Plus they don't let your family come up and take a picture with Belle even if someone in your group has a part.

Its just a really weird set up. With how popular M&Gs are, you think they would have planned it better. Most kids who want to meet characters could care less about the special effects.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #30
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

A DISer posted this video of Enchanted Tales with Belle from the other day http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007414 that shows the quick and crazy way they do the pics at the end.
Yikes! This creates a problem for me, too, as DGrDs are 9 and 1 and I really wanted a picture of them together with Belle. I guess I will ask for a part for the baby and participate with her in order to get a photo.
Perhaps they are pulling Belle from all other locations so that people will have no choice but to go see ETwB to even see her - cause once everyone sees that there is no real chance to meet and greet with Belle and get good family photos or autographs, they might never go there again.
This was just crazy thinking IMHO to build a whole village for Belle and have people stand in most likely long lines to sit through the story presentation and THEN realize they are not going to get a pic/autograph with Belle.
Hello?!!! Was this planned by the same person who put the bathroom sinks at BLT back to back with the kitchen sink and counter??

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: