Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
tink97
LOVE my Family & LOVE Disney <3
 
tink97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 119

Talking Is there any GOOD fudge at Disney?!

My mom (@rozac) loves fudge so much and she gets it on every vacation. Well... we tried it at multiple places in Disney and it STINKS!!!!! Can someone please tell us of any good fudge places in all of Disney so I can get my mom to stop trying to make her own fudge

Thanks!
tink97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink97
My mom (@rozac) loves fudge so much and she gets it on every vacation. Well... we tried it at multiple places in Disney and it STINKS!!!!! Can someone please tell us of any good fudge places in all of Disney so I can get my mom to stop trying to make her own fudge

Thanks!
I also think Disney fudge is not good. I see others rave about it though. I'd rather have homemade.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Dalamara
Mouseketeer
 
Dalamara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink97
My mom (@rozac) loves fudge so much and she gets it on every vacation. Well... we tried it at multiple places in Disney and it STINKS!!!!! Can someone please tell us of any good fudge places in all of Disney so I can get my mom to stop trying to make her own fudge

Thanks!


My mom also loves fudge, especially peanut butter fudge... Every trip I bring some home for her from a different Disney shop. Fail... Every single time.
__________________
Dalamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran
 
hulagirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
I also think Disney fudge is not good. I see others rave about it though. I'd rather have homemade.
I'm one of the ones that really likes it! My mom loves the Maple Walnut so I always get a piece from the Confectionary the day that we leave to bring home to her some of the flavors taste a little gritty (?) but there are some flavors that are really yummy!
__________________

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,403

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87

I'm one of the ones that really likes it! My mom loves the Maple Walnut so I always get a piece from the Confectionary the day that we leave to bring home to her some of the flavors taste a little gritty (?) but there are some flavors that are really yummy!
Yes I think that's the problem, it's grainy.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Real Land Of Brave!
Posts: 1,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Yes I think that's the problem, it's grainy.
I was thinking that too actually, I prefer the fudge at Universal. However the turtles are nice at the Candy Cauldron.
__________________
DisneyDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 898

All of the fudge is the same fudge so there is no "best" and "worst". I think your best bet is to go with simpler, more traditional flavors. I've tried many different kinds and have found that the more complex the flavor, the worse it is. Chocolate with nuts tastes fine, but unspectacular.

Really on the whole, Disney baked goods are not up to the par of even your local bakery. They really should be able to do better. But people buy the stuff.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
Art 1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
All of the fudge is the same fudge so there is no "best" and "worst". I think your best bet is to go with simpler, more traditional flavors. I've tried many different kinds and have found that the more complex the flavor, the worse it is. Chocolate with nuts tastes fine, but unspectacular.

Really on the whole, Disney baked goods are not up to the par of even your local bakery. They really should be able to do better. But people buy the stuff.
The bakery at France in Epcot is very good.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,071

I will not buy chocolate fudge anywhere. It all taste like stiffened canned frosting. Hershey's cocoa homemade fudge is the only chocolate fudge I'll eat. That said, I do like to buy other flavors of fudge because in my mind's eye, they are not fudge but rather candy. I never tasted any of the fudge at WDW but at the beach I do like to get maple or penuchi. I totally understand your mom's desire to make her own fudge.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix
 
B-Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,728

Well to each their own. Disney fudge is one of our favourite snacks. Not as good as homemade but easier to make and a great way to use up snack credits in our opinion.
__________________
Coronado Springs Resort: 2002, 2004, 2006
Polynesian Resort: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
GeorgeG
Stumped for 2005
You can keep the pickles
I fully intend to be a ghost when it's my turn
 
GeorgeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Villages, Florida
Posts: 7,635

I remember the fudge at Disney being better. That last few times it has been less than impressive. Obviously, Disney outsources much of their "home made" stuff and I had heard a few years back they changed vendors. That might be the reason for the change I've noticed. I don't know much about the fudge in France, but it's certainly possible they are not held to the same vendors as Disney. It's also possible that Disney contracts with more than one vendor.
__________________
Now also a proud great-grandfather of identical twin boys!
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 3,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
Yes I think that's the problem, it's grainy.
This has been my experience as well. I make my own at home every Christmas and mine is very creamy. I just don't see the point in paying money for a treat that I can make better myself.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran
 
pwdebbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: between Chambersburg and Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 3,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
This has been my experience as well. I make my own at home every Christmas and mine is very creamy. I just don't see the point in paying money for a treat that I can make better myself.
Grainy fudge is what I'm looking for! I don't like smooth and creamy, I like my fudge a little hard and grainy. Where do you find this grainy fudge in WDW?
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
fla4fun
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: near Orlando
Posts: 8,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Grainy fudge is what I'm looking for! I don't like smooth and creamy, I like my fudge a little hard and grainy. Where do you find this grainy fudge in WDW?
Pretty much everywhere they sell fudge! The Confectionery at MK is one spot, but anywhere they have a candy case with fudge in it, it will be the same stuff.

I also prefer a creamy fudge to a grainy one, so I steer clear of the Disney fudge.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, food, fudge, snacks



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.