Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #76
serene56
DIS Veteran

i am finally booked

4 rooms at coronada springs dec 8th thru 15th. requested casita 4 or 5
my three sons with their familes... me and my honey. we will be paying for the grandkids to make it more affordable for the parents.

i already purchased the photopass plus but since i am paying for the kids i want a family photo in each park at each icon beofre we split up
Old 10-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #77
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
we will be paying for the grandkids to make it more affordable for the parents.

i already purchased the photopass plus but since i am paying for the kids i want a family photo in each park at each icon beofre we split up
You are the best!! One day I hope to be able to do this for my grown children and their families. They are so lucky to have you
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #78
serene56
DIS Veteran

i am so excited i have been saving since 2010 and having been buying little stuff for the fiaries to bring while we sleep.

i got one a phillies vynalmation a happy birthday one since we will be celebrating a birthday. a star ones vinymation

looking for sweatshirts that look like candy canes- the entire holiday will be all about the holidays.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #79
bas71873
DIS Veteran

I'm still trying to decide exactly when to go, where to stay, and whether or not to do the DDP (which I've sworn we'd never do again, but I really do like having it all "paid" for before we go ).

Originally thought we'd do the whole week after Thanksgiving, then I looked at the week before Christmas and now I'm leaning toward flying out of VA on Thanksgiving Day and staying through Wednesday the following week. That way, DD will only miss 3 days of school (4th grade has started off a bit rough for us, so I'm not sure I'm willing to pull her for a whole week in 5th grade and I'm pretty sure she won't want to miss her Holiday Class Party).

On where to stay, I'm waffling between WL, POFQ and the Dolphin. I really want to be in the Epcot area, but refuse to pay the prices at YC, BC & BW. We really like WL, but it's not in the Epcot area and DD didn't like the pool (she likes her pool time). And I've booked stays at POFQ 3 times in the past and then always get a discount code for a delux resort that I can never pass up so we've never actually stayed there.

Then there's the DDP. We've done the DDP and the QS plan and I've sworn I'd like to do OOP just for comparison purposes, but I like the "pre-paid" aspect. We've gotten our monies worth with the DDP hitting all the character eats, so those are not a high priority, but we do have a few places we want to try, including BOG, 50's Prime Time and everyone wants to go back to Coral Reef. I also want to do the CP package. And I know if we stay at the Dolphin, there's no DDP.

I do think we are renting a car either way (DH loved having a car this summer when we stayed off prop and did a Sea World vacation and realized how easy it is to get around Orlando, even around the WDW area since we visited the Poly to dine with friends and went to DTD a few times), so not having ME for the Dolphin isn't reallly an issue.

UGH. Decisions, decisions!

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008

Last edited by bas71873; 10-13-2012 at 08:48 AM.
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #80
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

We are also looking into a 7 night trip early in Dec 2013 or a cruise in the Disney Fantasy in Dec. We love the cruises but it has been a couple of years since we have been to WDW. We are a family of 5 and have stayed at POFQ the last few times but now my youngest is over 3. We are thinking about Poly as it us one resort I've always wanted to stay at. Does anyone no for sure when POP Warner will be there? I saw people have talked about Dec 8-14 or the week before. These are the two weeks we are trying to decide between.
barbbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #81
serene56
DIS Veteran

regarding pop warner i am reading various places that they swaer they know for sure it will be one week then read a bunch of other sites that say the opposite.

even Passporter website states it will be the first week.

according to disney world site december 13 stars prime season so expect to pay more for that time
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #82
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56
regarding pop warner i am reading various places that they swaer they know for sure it will be one week then read a bunch of other sites that say the opposite.

even Passporter website states it will be the first week.

according to disney world site december 13 stars prime season so expect to pay more for that time
The room block has been confirmed by Disney for the 5-15 of December. The letter is linked in a previous post. I guess for those wanting more concrete proof it'll have to wait until PW actually updates their site with dates for next year. The activities start the first Saturday of the month which is the 7th

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #83
aml3679
Kita's Mom

Count Us In!

We had a hard time deciding wether to go during the Food & Wine Festival or for Christmas.

The last time we were there was December 5, 2003 - way too long - have been to Disneyland in between.

We are booked at POFQ from December 5, 2013 until December 16th. We heard that POFQ is the best moderate. Would love to stay to the Poly or Wilderness Lodge, but don't want to spend another $1500.

We plan on doing Deluxe Dining. We are not youngsters any more (55 and 52). Just young at heart.

We plan on doing all of the parks and taking a couple of days to explore different resorts and relax.

415 days to go. Can't come soon enough for us.

Still need to pick ADR's. We have until June. We booked through Dreams Unlimited and are very happy with them - they are going to make all of our reservations.

I am not picky, but, my husband is allergic to shellfish and does not like anything cooked in gravy or soups. I have a few places in mind that will be a must.

Kouzinna by Cat Cora; Artist Point; Flying Fish; Kona Cafe; Le Cellier; 50's Prime Time Cafe ... still need to pick the rest.

Along way away, but, the planning and dreaming is fun.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #84
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

I'm so happy I'm not the only one planning a December 2013 trip! I had no choice but to plan another one...I just got back from WDW on Oct 4th and I've been so depressed ever since...until I started planning our next trip!

My fiance and I are planning to go for our 10th anniversary (December 13, 2013) from December 4 - December 14th. We stayed at Coronado Springs this last time, and it was nice, but we want to try something a little different so I think we're going to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, as I've heard such wonderful things about it! I am also hoping to book the chefs table at V&A (he's a chef) for our anniversary night as a surprise for him...I think he would love it!

I too am hoping for free dining...we had free dining on this trip and it was so awesome to get to eat at places we may not have been able to afford, and try all kinds of things on the menu. I hope if anyone hears anything they'll post here ASAP; I can't wait to book!

I look forward to hearing all about everyone's plans over the coming months...yay!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #85
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

411 days. I haven't booked yet, but we are in the next few weeks. I got to make sure my christmas gifts for everyone this year is taken care of first. We are going to check in Nov 30th - Dec 7th. I've been working on planing books for me and one for my cousin and her family as part of their christmas gift. It's a lot of fun and keeps me in the disney mood.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #86
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
The room block has been confirmed by Disney for the 5-15 of December. The letter is linked in a previous post. I guess for those wanting more concrete proof it'll have to wait until PW actually updates their site with dates for next year. The activities start the first Saturday of the month which is the 7th

I saw that link. and then I saw a letter on passporters stating the opposite week.

Guess for us it really doesnt matter as our dates are kinda set in stone now. With a few of the people in our party work retail and taking off this week was like pulling teeth.. (LOL)
Old 10-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #87
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
411 days. I haven't booked yet, but we are in the next few weeks. I got to make sure my christmas gifts for everyone this year is taken care of first. We are going to check in Nov 30th - Dec 7th. I've been working on planing books for me and one for my cousin and her family as part of their christmas gift. It's a lot of fun and keeps me in the disney mood.
What do you put in your planning books? Sounds like a great gift idea
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #88
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
What do you put in your planning books? Sounds like a great gift idea
What I've got right now is a pre-disney section (maps, hotel on for on the drive down, payment info on disney etc)

Then I have an itinerary part. It will be where they can fill in what the plans are. I also have included the 2012 park hours so they can use them to kind of help guess what the hours maybe next year.

Parks section. It's got each park and has fun facts, tips, parades and shows.

Disney dining section. A place for ADR's, menus and counter service ideas.

I'm also putting a family movie night section in it. I went through a section on dis and got tons of movie night ideas for them.

I will have packing list and other info in it too.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #89
candygirl83
Mouseketeer

My family of 4 will be traveling to WDW dec.22.2013 for 10days!!
candygirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #90
bas71873
DIS Veteran

I finally booked. We leave Thanksgiving Day 2013, so November 28 - December 4 for us. Staying at the Dolphin. Excited to see WDW all decked out for the holidays.

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: