Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #1
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Booked with Expedia

Hello,

For our next trip Disney would like our booking number well we booked through Expedia does that make a difference to what our booking number with them will be?
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,295
DISboards Moderator

I'm not sure what you mean Tinks?
The reference number we've had for onsite through Expedia has been similar, but not the same, as direct with Disney (I think the first letter was different, for example).

You can still use it to contact Disney with any room requests etc, but the hotel will not have your specific name and room booking reference until 3 days or so before your check-in date, as you've booked through an agent.
__________________
Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft
I'm not sure what you mean Tinks?
The reference number we've had for onsite through Expedia has been similar, but not the same, as direct with Disney (I think the first letter was different, for example).

You can still use it to contact Disney with any room requests etc, but the hotel will not have your specific name and room booking reference until 3 days or so before your check-in date, as you've booked through an agent.
Ah right thanks,

Disney asked for our reference number so they can make reference to our request and said the quality manager will ensure we have a great stay! but when I looked at the Expedia number it didn't look the same. Oh well I have sent it now.

Thanks

X
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar
 
DLPDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Too far from the magic!
Posts: 2,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Ah right thanks,

Disney asked for our reference number so they can make reference to our request and said the quality manager will ensure we have a great stay! but when I looked at the Expedia number it didn't look the same. Oh well I have sent it now.

Thanks

X
Hope you got it sorted .

Was this reference your complaint from previous trip (sorry, being nosey!)? I often wonder if they 'do' anything with these things as you hear of quite a few people having this almost standard reply about making the stay great/wonderful.... Didn't you say they did nothing last time.... In some ways, it's better they just apologise than almost promise something and then don't follow through....

I wondered about this after our disastrous stay at the DLH in June.... I have horrible visions of us turning up again and having the same issues, despite my writing to them to inform them what happened.... It honestly wouldn't surprise me, BUT, I'm going to be positive and hope it is like previous stays at the DLH which have been great .

Anyway, hope you get some pixie dust .
__________________
Disneyland Resort Paris - Disneyland Hotel Sept/Oct 2008, Aug/Sept 2009, Jun & Dec 2012, Sequoia Lodge GF Oct 2014
DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Hope you got it sorted .

Was this reference your complaint from previous trip (sorry, being nosey!)? I often wonder if they 'do' anything with these things as you hear of quite a few people having this almost standard reply about making the stay great/wonderful.... Didn't you say they did nothing last time.... In some ways, it's better they just apologise than almost promise something and then don't follow through....

I wondered about this after our disastrous stay at the DLH in June.... I have horrible visions of us turning up again and having the same issues, despite my writing to them to inform them what happened.... It honestly wouldn't surprise me, BUT, I'm going to be positive and hope it is like previous stays at the DLH which have been great .

Anyway, hope you get some pixie dust .
Yes and Yes

Yes we have been offered something like this before. Hoping 3rd time lucky lol! I have mentioned that they have done something like this before etc.

Yes its from our previous trip the lady I have been emailing is the same lady I have spoke to after our last couple visits I always email to say thank you for the brilliant holiday we have had. Im hoping may be as she knows we have been so many times before and enjoyed our selves she knows Im not just a complainer expecting something out of them if you kno what I mean.

I hope you have a better time next time. It must be really disappointing staying at DLH expecting the most amazing trip and leaving unhappy with your stay there.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar
 
DLPDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Too far from the magic!
Posts: 2,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Yes and Yes

Yes we have been offered something like this before. Hoping 3rd time lucky lol! I have mentioned that they have done something like this before etc.

Yes its from our previous trip the lady I have been emailing is the same lady I have spoke to after our last couple visits I always email to say thank you for the brilliant holiday we have had. Im hoping may be as she knows we have been so many times before and enjoyed our selves she knows Im not just a complainer expecting something out of them if you kno what I mean.

I hope you have a better time next time. It must be really disappointing staying at DLH expecting the most amazing trip and leaving unhappy with your stay there.
Ah, I see! Fingers crossed for you. If they don't live up to their service standards then they should do something even if it's just give you a box of chocolates or something! Saying they will ensure you have a magical time next time and doing nothing at all is wrong! Even if they just made themselves known to you at the hotel and asked you to contact them were there any issues - personable, you know?

Totally agree though, I've never complained on previous visits and have actually sent two emails of thanks about CMs or characters who made our stays amazing/just went the extra mile and were polite etc. Even this time, despite the DLH issues, I thanked Snow White at the Auberge as she was just fabulous with my girls. I think praise where it's due is just as important!

As for the DLH this time, well, it has to be better than last time - I had to keep checking we weren't staying at Fawlty Towers ! It is really important that everything goes smoothly for us (I'm not talking extras or gilding but just standard, good old service) as it's a special Wedding Anniversary for us, and my parents are coming with us as well - so a family break .
__________________
Disneyland Resort Paris - Disneyland Hotel Sept/Oct 2008, Aug/Sept 2009, Jun & Dec 2012, Sequoia Lodge GF Oct 2014
DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Ah, I see! Fingers crossed for you. If they don't live up to their service standards then they should do something even if it's just give you a box of chocolates or something! Saying they will ensure you have a magical time next time and doing nothing at all is wrong! Even if they just made themselves known to you at the hotel and asked you to contact them were there any issues - personable, you know?

Totally agree though, I've never complained on previous visits and have actually sent two emails of thanks about CMs or characters who made our stays amazing/just went the extra mile and were polite etc. Even this time, despite the DLH issues, I thanked Snow White at the Auberge as she was just fabulous with my girls. I think praise where it's due is just as important!

As for the DLH this time, well, it has to be better than last time - I had to keep checking we weren't staying at Fawlty Towers ! It is really important that everything goes smoothly for us (I'm not talking extras or gilding but just standard, good old service) as it's a special Wedding Anniversary for us, and my parents are coming with us as well - so a family break .
Yeah I'm not expecting an upgrade, flowers, balloons or Mickey Mouse greeting. Just friendly service we expect from Disney.

We wont be arriving till almost 10pm so I really hope we dont have any problems with the room.

Im really excited about our trip now even DH has said he is the most excited he has ever been for Christmas and watching Christmas parades etc on Youtube has made him look forward to seeing Elsie on Main Street in the fake snow!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar
 
DLPDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Too far from the magic!
Posts: 2,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
.

Im really excited about our trip now even DH has said he is the most excited he has ever been for Christmas and watching Christmas parades etc on Youtube has made him look forward to seeing Elsie on Main Street in the fake snow!
Aww bless him. My DH asked me last night "do you think the park will be done out for Christmas when we go?" .... He has NO idea.... but I've decided not to 'introduce' him to any photos or anything (he won't think to look for any!), and I think he'll be pleasantly surprised .
__________________
Disneyland Resort Paris - Disneyland Hotel Sept/Oct 2008, Aug/Sept 2009, Jun & Dec 2012, Sequoia Lodge GF Oct 2014
DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Aww bless him. My DH asked me last night "do you think the park will be done out for Christmas when we go?" .... He has NO idea.... but I've decided not to 'introduce' him to any photos or anything (he won't think to look for any!), and I think he'll be pleasantly surprised .
Aw the unplanned folk lol! Imagine if we did leave it to them? Shudder!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86
 
kizzabel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

Aw the unplanned folk lol! Imagine if we did leave it to them? Shudder!
Lol imagine. Its the stuff nightmares are made of!
__________________

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #11
tinks_1989
need a like button
 
tinks_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somerset (South West England)
Posts: 6,371

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Lol imagine. Its the stuff nightmares are made of!
Lol it really is!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar
 
DLPDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Too far from the magic!
Posts: 2,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Lol it really is!
Yep! We'd probably not even end up in the Park if I left it to him. We'd be wandering round WDS thinking 'is this all there is to DLRP?'

Reminds me of the Brit Guide (an old edition, not sure if it's still in new edition) where they quote one family who were on day 2 or something of their holiday and had thought the Village was all there was - they hadn't even made it into the Magic Kingdom ..... That would be us.
__________________
Disneyland Resort Paris - Disneyland Hotel Sept/Oct 2008, Aug/Sept 2009, Jun & Dec 2012, Sequoia Lodge GF Oct 2014
DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.