DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #61
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Same thing here. I called and had Disney book the room for me, which they did and then have my waitlist cancelled. They were surprised that the waitlist didn't get filled and were going to pass this on to the IT department.
Uh-oh. This is what they said to me yesterday & the site went down for maintenance till 5:00 p.m.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #62
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
There must still be a glitch somewhere. I called at 10 eastern this morning to switch to a 2 bdrm for 1 night. MS dropped my 1 bdrm, went to book the 2bdrm but it was already gone. Then he went back to the 1bdrm and it was gone too! He said it was picked up by a waitlist! All of this took maybe 1min. I couldn't believe it ....

Oh No.... now what? What did you do?

Why with today's amazing technology can't they hold onto the new reservation long enough until the old one is cancelled?
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #63
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
There must still be a glitch somewhere. I called at 10 eastern this morning to switch to a 2 bdrm for 1 night. MS dropped my 1 bdrm, went to book the 2bdrm but it was already gone. Then he went back to the 1bdrm and it was gone too! He said it was picked up by a waitlist! All of this took maybe 1min. I couldn't believe it ....
This is what happened to me yesterday. I just wanted to crawl away and cry. This morning though, more inventory again.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #64
valeriets20
Earning My Ears

reservation

I saw and picked up a room this morning, and then called and cancelled a cash reservation for that night . I keep checking just for fun, and there still seems to be intermittent availability for some nice popular times and places.
valeriets20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #65
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

I noticed too as I've been checking online each day to change our reservation. I "almost" did it, but decided to keep what we have (1 week at BCV in January). I debated switching to WLV since it would feel more appropriate to January, but we decided we wanted to be able to walk to Epcot. I would have switched if a SV studio had been open at BLT. Good thing it wasn't. I do hope everyone that cancelled and rebooked has a room!

Last edited by Disney Princess; 10-12-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #66
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Oh No.... now what? What did you do?

Why with today's amazing technology can't they hold onto the new reservation long enough until the old one is cancelled?
I guess I was lucky something was still available in boardwalk. Instead of 2 nights in a 1bd boardwalk garden view, I have 1 night in a garden view, 1 night in standard view.

Sadly, now i'm obsessed with checking inventory!

They usually will hold the new room while they cancel. But the guy today stated twice that he cannot hold the new room and there's a chance I would lose the original room. I don't know if it's the person I got today or a new policy.
nalajms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #67
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Lo and behold, I picked up a great room this morning...a 1b/r SV at BWV for the first week in Jan.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #68
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
All this talk of extra rooms and I decided to go check if my waitlist had come through for March, which it hadn't, but checking online the room was available. So I quickly called up Disney and had them book that room for me. They were actually surprised that the waitlist didn't grab it. So no having to switch rooms for one night
Just checked online, and that room is now gone. Glad I managed to get it.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #69
SCDizneyDawn
DIS Veteran

I also was able to grab a reservation that should not have been avail. I had 2 nights booked @ SSR 1 br for early Dec and was able to change to 3 nights std view at BWV! Had to do 3 nights because it was less points for two nights and the points were a combination of holding points and borrowed points and did not want to lose any points!!

Hope it is all ok for all of us!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #70
Pirate4Ever
Mouseketeer

Well this entire thread has me nervous! We had a studio at SSR for 4 nights after New Years. I wait listed BWV when we made the reservation in late August and have checked on it 4-5 days a week since. Not one time did I ever see more than 1 of the nights I needed available at any given time. Then tonight, we get an email confirming that our wait list came thru for all 4 nights! I was pretty stunned but after reading all of this, I hope we have a room!

Pirate4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #71
auralia
DIS Veteran

OMG my waitlist for 1-8 December just came through for BLT lake view! We were booked HH OKW and I had no hope of actually getting the waitlist! I am so afraid it is all a glitch and I will have lost both of my reservations and be sol later. I booked okw at 11 months and wait listed right at 7 months so here is to Hoping its real!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: