Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #1696
jillianml
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
I have a question for a 1st time visitor w 2 little kids- our top destination will be MK. Will we be inconvenienced staying here if we have to go
Back and forth to the room? Also, if we are on the bus should we bring our bob double stroller or 2 singles? Thanks!
If I were you I would stay at the contemporary its on the monorail and you dont have to fold your stroller also its only a 7 minute walk to the MK Or you could stay at baylake towers also on the monorail.Thats gonna be a long ride from AOA!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #1697
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I would have thought the safes would be at least as big as Pop's safes and my laptop easily fits there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
Thanks! I stayed at CBR about 20 years ago and I remember them being about that size. I'm thinking that I'll just keep the laptop at home and stick with the smartphone.
I had to bring a laptop to do a little bit of work. I was disappointed that it didn't fit in the safe. I buried it under some clothes in one of the dresser drawers. Also, the wifi was horrible. It would connect and then disconnect within a short time. The signal was very weak. Cell service with my iPhone through Sprint was also poor. I had to stand by the window and would still get dropped calls.

I called the number by the phone for tech help. I was asked for my IP address and was told to allow 45 minutes and that I wouldn't have any problems with any devices I had. After that call, I had no problems for the rest of the trip. The cell service still was poor though. BTW, I was in Cars Building 1 (Tow Mater) on the parking lot side. I know some people have had better luck in areas around the pools since there is also wifi set up by the pools. If you have any trouble, be sure to call the tech help desk.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #1698
robyn654
Mouseketeer

Microwaves

Hey everyone, I am hoping someone can answer a question for me. Is there a microwave in the dining area? We are bringing my 3 yr old nephew and he loves his microwave popcorn as a late snack, we could have a serious meltdown if he can't have it.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #1699
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianml View Post
If I were you I would stay at the contemporary its on the monorail and you dont have to fold your stroller also its only a 7 minute walk to the MK Or you could stay at baylake towers also on the monorail.Thats gonna be a long ride from AOA!
It's not very convenient to the MK. It takes about 20-25 minutes once the bus leaves the resort/park. On our first day last week, I forgot my Disney Photo Pass Plus voucher in the room. We had an ADR at Chef Mickey's and I wanted to receive the photo package that was included with the Photo Pass Plus. We were planning on going there from MK. I asked at MK if there was any way they could look up the confirmation number and issue the Photo Pass Plus to me so I wouldn't have to spend an hour traveling back and forth. They wouldn't do it. The CM who was helping me asked another CM if it could be done. She said that it would be different if I had forgotten it at home.

Apparently, if I had lied and said I forgot it at home I could have saved myself and my kids an hour of traveling via bus and having to go back into MK and then having to walk very quickly to the Contemporary to make our ADR. What a pain but it was my fault for being forgetful.

We also had a couple other ADRs at the Poly & GF. I opted to take a cab to the GF since the line for the buses was huge for the MK and even though I allowed an hour, I knew there was no way we'd make it if we had to wait for 2 MK buses. It cost $20 for the cab.

We did enjoy the resort and the Cars suite we had was spacious but I say if you could afford it, it would be much more convenient to stay at the Poly, Contemporary or GF. Even WL or FW would be more convenient but you can't beat being able to use the monorail.

I originally made a reservation for a rental car. I kept kicking myself for cancelling it. We arrived at the airport after 10:30pm and didn't get into our room until after 1:00 am. The driver said he had to make 5 stops and after he dropped people off at CBR, we were the only ones on the bus. He didn't even have AoA on his list of drop offs. We were told to get on this particlar bus. Many times during our trip (10/4-10/10), we had to stand on the buses. We only had a few hours to spend on our last day at a park before going back to the resort to catch the ME. We were going to get in line for HS (a quick ride from AoA) but there were enough people waiting to fill 2 buses. We took a $10 cab ride instead.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #1700
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn654 View Post
Hey everyone, I am hoping someone can answer a question for me. Is there a microwave in the dining area? We are bringing my 3 yr old nephew and he loves his microwave popcorn as a late snack, we could have a serious meltdown if he can't have it.
Yes, there are. See this link: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...mation-resort/

The suites also have microwaves but not the LM rooms.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1701
tink15823
DIS Veteran

Just returned for our 10 trip at Art Of Animation . I have to say I agree with everyone that said pictures don't do it justice. We stayed in the LK section . We were not as impressed with the look there as we were the other sections . If you need a very quite section this one is for you. Mousekeeping could not have done a better job they were wonderful .

The pools are great we pool hopped and used all three ! The games are great at the big blue around 3 every day.

We have a long list of allergies so the food court worried me . Our first night we had Chef Ron he was great . On our 2nd try we had a female chef and she was a little overwhelmed . My only complaint at the food court was the Pizza area it was very disorganized and you can get passed up . My Dh stood and waited 45 min for a pizza meal till he gave up. I went up and seemed to have a better time but I was a little more instant on getting our food. I was thanked by the 15 people behind me that had also been waiting and ignored.

All in all we would love to come back here again !!!!

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
Old 10-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #1702
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianml View Post
That's a pretty big price difference though...

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop
Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #1703
twopearls
Mouseketeer

dish soap?

I know that the AoA suites are stocked with plates, utensils, bowls, cups? What about dishwashing soap?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #1704
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopearls
I know that the AoA suites are stocked with plates, utensils, bowls, cups? What about dishwashing soap?
I didn't see any.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #1705
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

The plates and utensils and cups are all disposable. No dishwashing soap available,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcthree View Post
I didn't see any.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #1706
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaemmaFL View Post
Just got back from my awesome stay at Disney, and the test stay was awesome at LM..here is a link for the pics...it was a little hectic due to some issues with the door locks and room problems, so was a little chaotic, finally got some pics, then was off to the parks since my daughter was off. I will just say that LOVED LOVED LOVED IT..my 3 year old daughter kept saying she was in the movie..enough said I think! Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenaemma/
Great pics! We only have a few more weeks until we check into LM for 10 days!! So excited!!

I am a little concerned seeing where the fridge is - I didn't realize those were fake drawers on that side. Yikes - 10 days of clothing for 4 people in three teensy drawers? Um, not sure how that's gonna work!! (My DSD and my mom will share a room, so they should be fine, but DH and our two boys will be in a room with me - that's a lot of stuff with very little storage space. And I HATE living out of a suitcase when on vacation!!

Anyone who has stayed already - do you have suggestions for organizing clothes in the room with sch tiny storage space, especially for longer stays? We will be flying, so we can't exactly bring in portable drawers!

We stayed at POP last year - I don't remember having an issue with storage there, but then we had a much shorter stay.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #1707
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
I love the shower too! So ready to sing..."Look at this stuff. Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you say my collection's complete?" It takes singing in the shower to a whole new..uh..depth?

Okay, we are total goobs. Checking in on the 18th complete with LM shirts and dinglehoppers in our hair!
LOL - I told my DS7 that I plan to stand right next to the statue of Prince Eric and start singing "Part of your World." Of course I was teasing him, but he thought I was serious, and was not pleased with the potential embarrassment!!

Still, I'm not sure I'll be able to contain myself in the shower with that scene in there!! It is my favorite Disney song, after all. I'll try not to be so loud as to disturb my "neighbors"!!

Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #1708
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Just booked my first stay at AoA! 10/24-10/27! So excited!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #1709
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz View Post
LOL - I told my DS7 that I plan to stand right next to the statue of Prince Eric and start singing "Part of your World." Of course I was teasing him, but he thought I was serious, and was not pleased with the potential embarrassment!!

Still, I'm not sure I'll be able to contain myself in the shower with that scene in there!! It is my favorite Disney song, after all. I'll try not to be so loud as to disturb my "neighbors"!!
I just got a funny image in my head of a split screen like the Brady Bunch boxes in which everyone is in their AOA showers singing that song simultaneously each morning before they leave for the parks
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #1710
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz View Post
Great pics! We only have a few more weeks until we check into LM for 10 days!! So excited!!

I am a little concerned seeing where the fridge is - I didn't realize those were fake drawers on that side. Yikes - 10 days of clothing for 4 people in three teensy drawers? Um, not sure how that's gonna work!! (My DSD and my mom will share a room, so they should be fine, but DH and our two boys will be in a room with me - that's a lot of stuff with very little storage space. And I HATE living out of a suitcase when on vacation!!

Anyone who has stayed already - do you have suggestions for organizing clothes in the room with sch tiny storage space, especially for longer stays? We will be flying, so we can't exactly bring in portable drawers!

We stayed at POP last year - I don't remember having an issue with storage there, but then we had a much shorter stay.

for extra storage you can get one of the sweater hangers that you put in your closet think they have 5-6 shelves and will fold up flat in your luggage....I also get the large ziploc bags to keep socks, undies, jammies etc in for each of us to keep them organized in the suitcase and then you can put the folded clothes in the drawers

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: