Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #571
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

Someone said the Clone Wars, but again, I have never heard of the Clone Wars so I have no clue
The Clone Wars is a cartoon series on the Cartoon Network that has been running for a couple of years now. It supposedly takes place between Episodes 2 and 3 of the movies.

And the creepy lady is Asajj Ventress. She is a Sith (bad guy) from the Clone War series.

(Yes, I'm a huge Star Wars geek...I mean, fan.)

Can't wait to go to Disney during SWW. Thanks for all of the pictures.

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #572
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
The Clone Wars is a cartoon series on the Cartoon Network that has been running for a couple of years now. It supposedly takes place between Episodes 2 and 3 of the movies.

And the creepy lady is Asajj Ventress. She is a Sith (bad guy) from the Clone War series.

(Yes, I'm a huge Star Wars geek...I mean, fan.)

Can't wait to go to Disney during SWW. Thanks for all of the pictures.
Thank you so much! You would have an amazing time there, I hope you get there soon! You would probably want to do more than one day tho LOL.....pictures of the parade are coming up in the next update!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #573
MEK
DIS Veteran

That "scary" girl is really tall and skinny. Great costume, but it must have been hot in all that makeup.

I'm glad you guys had such fun watching all the Star War activities. That one Jedi was a little cutie.

Those ducks - so sweet!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #574
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

All caught up! WOOT! Looks like the trip (report) seemed to get better and better without me. Poor Shan on the Characters in Flight balloon. It does look very scary especially for those of us afraid of heights. Gotta give her a lot of credit. Love the SWW photos! Really want to check that out now for my next trip

Can't wait to read more!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #575
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your Star Wars updates. I am not a fan of the movies either---can't honestly say I've ever even seen one of them. But it's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement when you're in the park!

I happen to know someone else who likes a chocolate shake from Bill and Min's!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 10-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #576
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Since I got up early this morning and the kids are still asleep, I thought it'd be a perfect time to drink my coffee and catch up on my favorite trip reports!

I'm so sorry I fell so behind on yours!

LOVE Shan's Toms! Makes me want to buy a pair even more. Are they comfy to wear all day in the parks?

Jake would love Star Wars weekend! They have the Jedi Training academy there all of the time though right?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #577
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That "scary" girl is really tall and skinny. Great costume, but it must have been hot in all that makeup.

I'm glad you guys had such fun watching all the Star War activities. That one Jedi was a little cutie.

Those ducks - so sweet!
She was very tall and very skinny! The costuming was amazing, but I can't imagine it under the heat that day...it was so hot!

Wasn't he? How could I pass up that picture!

Shan is definitely a sucker for anything "baby"!!! She loved watching those ducklings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
All caught up! WOOT! Looks like the trip (report) seemed to get better and better without me. Poor Shan on the Characters in Flight balloon. It does look very scary especially for those of us afraid of heights. Gotta give her a lot of credit. Love the SWW photos! Really want to check that out now for my next trip

Can't wait to read more!
Hi Timmy!! Glad you're back and all caught up!

You're right on that one! I have no fear of heights so I don't quite get it but I am sympathetic ... well to a point....then I just point and laugh

I hope you get a chance to catch a SWW on your next trip...it was a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Enjoying your Star Wars updates. I am not a fan of the movies either---can't honestly say I've ever even seen one of them. But it's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement when you're in the park!

I happen to know someone else who likes a chocolate shake from Bill and Min's!

If someone had of told me I would enjoy our day there as much as we did, I wouldn't have believed them. So happy we planned it and even happier we followed through and went!

Our girls have a lot in common don't they

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Since I got up early this morning and the kids are still asleep, I thought it'd be a perfect time to drink my coffee and catch up on my favorite trip reports!

I'm so sorry I fell so behind on yours!

LOVE Shan's Toms! Makes me want to buy a pair even more. Are they comfy to wear all day in the parks?

Jake would love Star Wars weekend! They have the Jedi Training academy there all of the time though right?

Hey girl! I am so happy to see you again

That's what I do on Saturday and Sunday mornings if I'm home, love to have my coffee over a good TR!!!

Ok, I checked in with the boss, here is her thoughts on the Tom's " the light coloured ones were less hot than the black ones, but I wouldn't wear them during the heat of the day again" She only wore them in the evenings but yes, they were comfortable to wear all around the park. Keep in mind, this is a girl who lives in flip flops in the summer and Uggs in the winter!

They sure do have the training academy all year round and yes, I would have to agree, he would love it!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #578
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Hey girl! I am so happy to see you again

That's what I do on Saturday and Sunday mornings if I'm home, love to have my coffee over a good TR!!!

Ok, I checked in with the boss, here is her thoughts on the Tom's " the light coloured ones were less hot than the black ones, but I wouldn't wear them during the heat of the day again" She only wore them in the evenings but yes, they were comfortable to wear all around the park. Keep in mind, this is a girl who lives in flip flops in the summer and Uggs in the winter!

They sure do have the training academy all year round and yes, I would have to agree, he would love it!

Thanks for the info about the Toms! We are going in February, so if I buy a pair, I will definitely take them along!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #579
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the info about the Toms! We are going in February, so if I buy a pair, I will definitely take them along!
Oh my goodness...I'm so happy for you!!! Are you doing a PTR, TR??? I will definitely be reading if you are or are going to!!

You are very welcome!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #580
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Notice anything? Yup, that's right, a brand new ticker in my siggie! Am I excited....you betcha!! Why did it take so long to figure out when our next one would be.....let me explain.

Peg, Geodoc and the girls are planning back to back 7 day cruises in August 2013, one eastern Caribbean and one western Caribbean for Peg's "special" birthday. I won't say which one but she's older than me and I'm going to be 48 this year so next year I'll be 49 and she's a year older than me.....got the math done...GOOD!!! So we debated doing one week with them on a cruise but I just couldn't justify the cost when we could do 2 weeks in WDW for the same price.

I also wasn't crazy about sailing the Caribbean in August during hurricane season...who's with me on that one? Anyhoodle, Shanleigh and I went back and forth, Peg and I ran the numbers and nope, couldn't do it. Not only the price but also that the last 2 weeks in August are also the busiest at the store and that means full time hours for Shanleigh. Can't give that up!

So it was at that point one evening when her and I were still looking it over that a lightbulb went on above my head! Shanleigh's last exam this year is on December 3 and then she doesn't go back until January 7.....so next year....WE'RE GOING TO GO FROM DECEMBER 10-22!!!!! I can't wait to see the castle in all it's glorious Christmas lights. The last Christmas trip we did was in 2005 and that was just my bff and I on a girls only vacation. Shanleigh hasn't seen the lights of Christmas since 2002.....that'll make it 11 years since she's seen it!!

Now I know it's far away and anything can happen in that time, but for right now, this is our plan! I know it'll be colder and I mentioned that I wasn't sure about suntanning around the pool and she was fine with it! Any vacation is better than no vacation

So once I get this TR finished up I will post the link here for the new PTR!!! I can't wait for this one....
Old 10-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #581
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Woohoo!!!!!! Congrats!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #582
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WE'RE GOING TO GO FROM DECEMBER 10-22!!!!!
YAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I can't wait to hear about that trip, I'm such a Christmas fanatic!!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #583
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Oh my goodness...I'm so happy for you!!! Are you doing a PTR, TR??? I will definitely be reading if you are or are going to!!

You are very welcome!
Thank you so much! I definitely want to a PTR/TR for this trip... I have so many plans to share and love getting input from others. I should hopefully be starting it up shortly!

YALL ARE GOING TO HAVE A BLAST NEXT DECEMBER! It's seriously my favorite time to go. We were supposed to be going this December, but February worked out better with my husband's work schedule. I was sad at first, but so happy that my husband can definitely get a full week off of work for a trip!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #584
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Woohoo!!!!!! Congrats!
Thanks my friend We're pretty excited to get planning...we do have over a year, but you can never start too early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
YAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I can't wait to hear about that trip, I'm such a Christmas fanatic!!
Thanks hon...we're pretty excited! I am a bit of a Christmas nut myself...thus the 14 months I still have to save to buy lots of pretty things
Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #585
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much! I definitely want to a PTR/TR for this trip... I have so many plans to share and love getting input from others. I should hopefully be starting it up shortly!

YALL ARE GOING TO HAVE A BLAST NEXT DECEMBER! It's seriously my favorite time to go. We were supposed to be going this December, but February worked out better with my husband's work schedule. I was sad at first, but so happy that my husband can definitely get a full week off of work for a trip!
Yay! I can't wait to read it!

I can't wait! I just love the whole feeling you get around the holidays and it's magnified at the World! I agree, better he gets the week than not be there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: