Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #31
married2mm
DIS Veteran

jack,

just caught up-that's fantastic

best of luck with the final stage
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Good luck with the interviews

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #33
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

So the day came for my final interview.

These past few weeks and the next 2 weeks have been and will be an emotional journey. It is such a hard journey to take as there is a lot of waiting and a lot of competition for just a few roles.

I'm so glad and happy that out of 1700 people I made it through to the final stage of the process with just 350 people being interviewed for 226 roles.

My final interview went well and I'm happy with it. As I've said I'm happy with it but now it's a waiting game and just hoping and praying that everything I've done up until this stage is enough to get me the dream job.

I find out by or most likely on the 9th November so if you could all keep the thoughts & wishes coming that would be great and hopefully next summer I could be making the magic for some of you!

Once again thank you or all the support and wishes up until this point, it genuinely means the world to me.

Jack
Mrdudecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #34
happyj
DIS Veteran

My wishes are all there for you. So hard to wait.

2014 BLT BCV
happyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #35
bee86
DIS Veteran

Well done Jack delighted to hear you were happy with your final interview! Fingers and toes crossed for you sending pixie dust your way!

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #36
paul_toria96
DIS Veteran

Well done I've been holding my breath reading through and now I'm soooo pleased for you.

My daughter (12) so wants to work at WDW with her friend (11), they have it all sorted, my DD is going to work at a Disney store for a year to hopefully get in there and then her DBF will have finished school and hopefully off they go

Keep us all up to date with any news, sending and
Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much!

Its just now a waiting game to see whats going to happen now.

I thought there were 350 final interviews and there were 70 of us yesterday which would make sense over 5 days to have 70 per day but apparently today there were only 40 there to interview so maybe the odds are even better than I first thought?

Thanks again for all the wishes and heres hoping I can tell you all the news I for so long have wanted to say!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #38
MrsSparrow..
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdudecool View Post
Thank you all so much!

Its just now a waiting game to see whats going to happen now.

I thought there were 350 final interviews and there were 70 of us yesterday which would make sense over 5 days to have 70 per day but apparently today there were only 40 there to interview so maybe the odds are even better than I first thought?

Thanks again for all the wishes and heres hoping I can tell you all the news I for so long have wanted to say!
The numbers are really hard to work out - YummyJobs never reveal the total number of apps (at least they haven't in previous years), there are varying speculations regarding how many people actually apply. The odds are hard, but I think most of the reductions are during the application and pre-screen stage - mainly due to the fact that I saw so many people at my interview in DisneyWorld!

Good luck - I think I had to wait two weeks or so before I heard back (and we all found out on the same day). But that moment I got the e-mail (around 6 in the evening) I will never, ever forget. A girl who I have been speaking to on the College Board, an ICP applicant from the UK, said they would all find out December 1st? All I know is that the date they told us we would hear back on; we didn't. The wait was horrible!

Keep updating us! You're in for such a magical journey
MrsSparrow.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #39
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Ah I see what you mean.
They mentioned at pre-screen there was 1700 initial applications.

They told us in the presentation from Disney that we'd hear by November 9th as they had to do the process quicker this year for some reason. Think it was to do with Disney. But even so thats only 2 weeks on Friday so just waiting for that day now.

I would love to get it obviously as anyone would, its now just hoping throughout the process I have done enough to get the job!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #40
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Well this wait is actual hell!

Its been just over a week since I had my interview and still have just over another week until the final day we will apparently here.

On the facebook group people have been getting emails about student letters not been filled out or missing parts so needing them and then yesterday bam! My phone rings! Its only Yummy Jobs asking me about my availability. Well to say I had a heart attack was an understatement! Hoping this is a good sign but who knows!?

Either way, its still a lot of waiting, stressing and just hoping we get those dreaded emails sooner rather than later! Not going to lie, I will cry either way I am sure of that!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #41
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

Good luck ^_^ you're so lucky to even get an interview! I think I would die if I got a job at Disney lol

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #42
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

I am so so happy to be able to tell you all that from June 3rd until August 9th I am going to be a Cast Member working in Full Service Food & Beverage!

I am on cloud nine right now, I just can't believe how I feel. Its amazing to be able to do a job so many people want to do.

Who knows, maybe ill see some of you out there?!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #43
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdudecool View Post
I am so so happy to be able to tell you all that from June 3rd until August 9th I am going to be a Cast Member working in Full Service Food & Beverage!

I am on cloud nine right now, I just can't believe how I feel. Its amazing to be able to do a job so many people want to do.

Who knows, maybe ill see some of you out there?!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! This is amazing news - I knew Yummy Jobs had released some decisions as some friends who I did my ICP with got rejected for next year, so I wondered if you'd heard anything too! You've done really well - WELL DONE!! I hope you celebrate this weekend!

You'll get so excited over the next 6/7 months, but it still won't prepare you for how amazing it actually is!! Get ready for the summer of your life!

If you have any questions, then feel free to PM me
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #44
wen-tom
spit spot!

Excellent news!! Well done you.

I can't imagine how excited you must be.

I may see you there we'll be there July 12-27th

Congratulations :D

wen-tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #45
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Well done, made up for you!

Debs xx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: