DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
dsnyl4nd
Earning My Ears

Premier pass (for both WDW & DL/DCA

Is there a discount for DVC members for a Premier Annual Pass? Can I buy this pass online?
dsnyl4nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

No discount for anyone.

Not sure about buying online-I bought mine at DCA.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyl4nd View Post
Is there a discount for DVC members for a Premier Annual Pass? Can I buy this pass online?
No and No.

Be sure to consider the common expiration date vs getting separate passes for each. Plus the $399 DVC member PAP for WDW.

I had trips planned to WDW in April this year and March of next year. I also have DL trips September of this year and next August. I decided to buy separate AP's so that the expiration would cover both trips to each. If I bought the Premier last April, it would not cover my August 2013 DL trip. I bought the Deluxe AP for DL that has blackout dates. The only blackout date I will have is Saturday next August so it's worth the lower cost.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
erionm
DIS Veteran

Also, if you are going to upgrade from a WDW DVC AP (or PAP) to the Premier Passport, they will look up the exact amount you paid for that pass and only give you that amount as a credit.

For example: If you purchased a DVC PAP under the current promo, you would only get a credit of $399 if you used that pass to upgrade to a Premier Passport.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Also, if you are going to upgrade from a WDW DVC AP (or PAP) to the Premier Passport, they will look up the exact amount you paid for that pass and only give you that amount as a credit.

For example: If you purchased a DVC PAP under the current promo, you would only get a credit of $399 if you used that pass to upgrade to a Premier Passport.
That was my question! That's too bad it doesn't work like the UT tickets. Well, too bad for us anyway.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm

Maybe clarifying, but I don't think they look up what you actually paid - I think they look up the gate price of your pass. So if you upgrade a hopper from UT and end up paying $30 under the gate value for an AP, for example, you'll get credit for the gate value vs your out of pocket cost. I upgraded a DVC AP that I applied the birthday value to, and received credit of the gate price towards my premier pass.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
Maybe clarifying, but I don't think they look up what you actually paid - I think they look up the gate price of your pass. So if you upgrade a hopper from UT and end up paying $30 under the gate value for an AP, for example, you'll get credit for the gate value vs your out of pocket cost. I upgraded a DVC AP that I applied the birthday value to, and received credit of the gate price towards my premier pass.
The DVC pass is its own ticket category, not a discounted pass in the sense that the UT passes are discounted. So for the purpose of upgrading, $399 (plus tax) is the gate price of the DVC pass.

Gate price for the DVC PAP is the same as the price paid for the pass,

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71 View Post
You got lucky! They are suppose to look up the price you paid and that is ALL the credit you are suppose to get.

So if you buy the Premium at $399 assume you will get only $399 credit for it towards the Premier unless you get a CM who is just too lazy to look it up.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
You got lucky! They are suppose to look up the price you paid and that is ALL the credit you are suppose to get.

So if you buy the Premium at $399 assume you will get only $399 credit for it towards the Premier unless you get a CM who is just too lazy to look it up.
I think the prior poster was talking about a double upgrade. First upgrading a UT MYW ticket to a WDW AP with the price bridged. Let's say you bought a MYW ticket from UT for $230, when the gate price is $260. When you upgrade to the DVC PAP, you pay $399-$260= $139.

And then, upgrading the AP for a Premier AP. You pay $877-$399=
$478.

Total out of pocket: $230+$139+$478=$847.

-- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter

No. It's not the price paid for upgrading tickets, provided you use them once. It's gate price.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO

I think the prior poster was talking about a double upgrade. First upgrading a UT MYW ticket to a WDW AP with the price bridged. Let's say you bought a MYW ticket from UT for $230, when the gate price is $260. When you upgrade to the DVC PAP, you pay $399-$260= $139.

And then, upgrading the AP for a Premier AP. You pay $877-$399=
$478.

Total out of pocket: $230+$139+$478=$847.

-- Suzanne
Yes, this is exactly what I was referring to. You should pay the difference to the gate price of the ticket you're upgrading - not what your out of pocket payment was.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
No. It's not the price paid for upgrading tickets, provided you use them once. It's gate price.
Not at DL.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurk71

Yes, this is exactly what I was referring to. You should pay the difference to the gate price of the ticket you're upgrading - not what your out of pocket payment was.
This is not correct. They showed me the policy while I waited on them to look up DVC renewal pricing in March 2011 in a book they have just for this reason. No bringing to Gate price
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #14
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo

Not at DL.
Sorry. I knew that about DL but didn't realize that's what we were referring to.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo

Not at DL.
I did my upgrade at DCA and my cost was the difference between the gate and the premier price.

This was in March 2011, if that matters.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: