Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #286
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

Graphic Designs

Here's my "day card" that I will give to all of my travelers and a shirt design I made for the kids. We are a livestock show family and show cattle on a national level, so I made a bull design with a mickey brand. The kids love them. All designs were made with Photoshop. I had the shirts made a cafepress.com and the cards are 4X4" and laminated at my local print shop.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #287
DisneyTracy73
Earning My Ears

My DH and I always make our shirts, 2008 and 2010 trips we actually turned coloring sheets into iron one and painted the shirts in. When we went in 2011 we went in August and we knew it was going to be hot so I took tank tops and my DH went ahead and wore his favorite shirts from 2010. This trip we wanted to make. We shirts but I didn't want to paint them, so we bought different material and I cut a Mickey head from my cricut and I used iron on fusing and then just outlined them with fabric paint. They turned out really cute. I will try to post pics later. Also we like to make tye dye Mickey head shirts, this year we are making them for the Christmas party so we are making them red and green.
DisneyTracy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #288
country-mom-of-4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAITHEL
Here's my "day card" that I will give to all of my travelers and a shirt design I made for the kids. We are a livestock show family and show cattle on a national level, so I made a bull design with a mickey brand. The kids love them. All designs were made with Photoshop. I had the shirts made a cafepress.com and the cards are 4X4" and laminated at my local print shop.
Omg! Love these!!! How did u make the cards? Too cute! We live on a hog n cattle farm so can relate to your show shirts

Suzanne, wife and mom to Alex, 19; Cody, 18; Delaney, 10; and Zoe, 7
country-mom-of-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #289
Headlesshorseman
Mouseketeer

I made 18 shirts for this last trip....a few note cards...

I did the glitter too and LOVED IT....the 2 favorite shirts got a lot of attention...the Purple Halloween one...and the Black Halloween Party Ticket shirt...

HH
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #290
country-mom-of-4
Mouseketeer

Those are ADORABLE!!!! Did you come up with the design??? I would LOVE to do that for MVMCP!'

Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #291
davisfamilyfive
Earning My Ears

Countdown Calendar

I just finished a countdown calendar. My three little ones fight every morning over who gets to take off the clothes pin.

I can't figure out how to add a photo or I would.

I am also working on t-shirts, luggage tags, autograph books, boarding passes, and welcome letters.

I am still looking for a fairy godmailer to send postcards in the next week but haven't found one yet
davisfamilyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #292
davisfamilyfive
Earning My Ears

Glitter Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headlesshorseman View Post
I made 18 shirts for this last trip....a few note cards...

I did the glitter too and LOVED IT....the 2 favorite shirts got a lot of attention...the Purple Halloween one...and the Black Halloween Party Ticket shirt...

HH
Awesome shirts!!!

Would you mind sharing how you did your glittering. It looks so perfect on the round and square shirts you trimmed with glitter.

Thanks
davisfamilyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #293
Wests4Disney
Mouseketeer

subbing
Old 11-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #294
Headlesshorseman
Mouseketeer

Just saw the question......SORRY....

I took fabric glue....used a lip stick brush and a skewer....it took a while to do them...but so worth it....I have washed them a few times since I've been home and the glitter is coming off....I think it's because I glued on the transfer NOT the shirt material....

I will do it again though....the glitter really sets it off....I used the Tulip glitter and bought the Stretch fabric glue..

I hope that helps...

HH
Old 11-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #295
godiva99
Mouseketeer

Very nice glitter shirts! i'm so not crafty, but would love to make special ones for my girls!

I was wondering how I can see and download the images on 4shared? I've been going to these links but nothing shows...I just have a basic accoutn, but it asks me to upgrade to premium.

Thanks!
godiva99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #296
country-mom-of-4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headlesshorseman
Just saw the question......SORRY....

I took fabric glue....used a lip stick brush and a skewer....it took a while to do them...but so worth it....I have washed them a few times since I've been home and the glitter is coming off....I think it's because I glued on the transfer NOT the shirt material....

I will do it again though....the glitter really sets it off....I used the Tulip glitter and bought the Stretch fabric glue..

I hope that helps...

HH
So are you talking about the tulip glitter glue?

Old 11-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #297
Headlesshorseman
Mouseketeer

I used the tulip glitter and this type of glue...it's made to stretch with the fabric.. http://www.davinciartistsupply.com/i...ns/al702_x.jpg

Good luck....I think I'm "crafty" but I just followed the lines....I will not lie and say it was quick....but I just parked myself in front of the TV and watched my shows. I did do same colors at the same time....

HH
Old 11-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #298
country-mom-of-4
Mouseketeer

Oh wow! I bet that DID take awhile! Well they look awesome!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #299
godiva99
Mouseketeer

What is everyone up to these days? What have you made for your trip?
I need to take pictures, but I just finished printing autograph cards, phew!

I also have a CRT invitation, Surprise card, snack bag toppers, stroller plate, plane boarding passes,and have yet to work on T-shirts, pressed penny containers and I know there must be something else!
godiva99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 AM   #300
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

This thread gave a lot of inspiration for our trip in March 2012 - check out here for all my projects http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2955360

Now planning for our 2nd trip December 2013 and I have list of items and glad I have 11 months to do it Right I am planning on - pillowcases, autograph books, epcot passports, treat bags, shirts, pressed penny holder, lanyards, flipflops and welcome gift and letters. I am sure I am probably missing or will find something else in the coming months LOL I will be sure to post new pics as I get them.

Back to my addiction while I plan our trip

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: