DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
Oh please tell me what the hallways looked like! Yes, I'm that crazy and excited for the GFV that any bit of info makes me happy. What were the colors?
Thanks!!

We will be at WDW in Dec and I would be so happy if there were models to view!!
Well, the first thing the guide said was it was subject to change, so it could certainly change as the plans for the actual building progresses. I've never been in the Grand Floridian in the rooms area so I don't know what they look like. Plus it's been two months now so my recall is a little hazy.

The walls were painted and not wallpapered. It was pastely and at the time I thought rather bland, actually. Not pastely, like Beach Club, but more like very pale yellow, really like a cream color on the walls. The trim was white. The sconces were gold. The flooring was carpet but I don't recall what that looked like, I think it was an intricate pattern with hidden Mickey's but didn't look super long at it. Again, they could totally be changing that between now and whenever they open it. The guide said it's common for things to change as the buildings progress.

We were too excited at the prospect at buying our own DVC to care that much about it, though it did occur to me afterward that someone might kill for that information, lol. I think we were thinking we would probably never be staying there with our three kids!!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
shortypots
DIS Veteran

I hope it is November 4th cause when we go in November after thanksgiving, we will definitely check them out!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
DisneyMomJen
DIS Veteran

I hope November 4th also! We will be there Thanksgiving week and would LOVE to see these also. I want to buy into GF depending on the price though.
DisneyMomJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #19
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122

Well, the first thing the guide said was it was subject to change, so it could certainly change as the plans for the actual building progresses. I've never been in the Grand Floridian in the rooms area so I don't know what they look like. Plus it's been two months now so my recall is a little hazy.

The walls were painted and not wallpapered. It was pastely and at the time I thought rather bland, actually. Not pastely, like Beach Club, but more like very pale yellow, really like a cream color on the walls. The trim was white. The sconces were gold. The flooring was carpet but I don't recall what that looked like, I think it was an intricate pattern with hidden Mickey's but didn't look super long at it. Again, they could totally be changing that between now and whenever they open it. The guide said it's common for things to change as the buildings progress.

We were too excited at the prospect at buying our own DVC to care that much about it, though it did occur to me afterward that someone might kill for that information, lol. I think we were thinking we would probably never be staying there with our three kids!!
Thank you so much for the info!!!
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
Jonell
DIS Veteran

I'm not getting my hopes up that the villas will be that impressive. GF rooms already look like granny's house so I'm sure the themeing will continue. I do wish DVC would go a little less "homey" and a little more upsale.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #21
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonell View Post
I'm not getting my hopes up that the villas will be that impressive. GF rooms already look like granny's house so I'm sure the themeing will continue. I do wish DVC would go a little less "homey" and a little more upsale.
It's the Victorian style that Lillian Disney liked and the style that The Hotel Del Coronado, the hotel that Disney copied, has. So, it will most probably be continued in the villas there.

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Will the only place to go see the new GFV be at SSR?
Thanks.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Will the only place to go see the new GFV be at SSR?
Thanks.
They may have a model unit available at the Grand Floridian itself. They had one sporadically available at Bay Lake Tower back when it was the primary sales target for DVC.

But SSR is home to the main sales center. The GF model there will be available on a regular basis, and viewable months before the GF villas open.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #24
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairbear View Post
I wonder if the sales office at Disneyland is getting the VGF model? I was just there last weekend, and didn't think to go look.
I doubt it will, in the short term. The last time I passed by the model (Disneyland Half, around Sept) the model was still the Aulani one. Isn't the west coast still trying to push Aulani points? If they were re-modeling the model to be GFV it probably would be under construction by now.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #25
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
It's the Victorian style that Lillian Disney liked and the style that The Hotel Del Coronado, the hotel that Disney copied, has. So, it will most probably be continued in the villas there.
The interior of the Del is much different than the GF:

http://www.sandiegosuncoast.com/wp-c...otonda-073.jpg

The rooms in the Victorian building have been redone to be more modern though:
http://www.hoteldel.com/uploadedImag...ueen_large.jpg

Next trip:
Star Wars Celebration and COMMON Annual Meeting,
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #26
Longhairbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
I doubt it will, in the short term. The last time I passed by the model (Disneyland Half, around Sept) the model was still the Aulani one. Isn't the west coast still trying to push Aulani points? If they were re-modeling the model to be GFV it probably would be under construction by now.
Most of our local magazines are advertising Aulani over the others.
Longhairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #27
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
It's the Victorian style that Lillian Disney liked and the style that The Hotel Del Coronado, the hotel that Disney copied, has. .
I loved my DVC stay at the Hotel Del Coronado (A perk from a point loaded resale purchase). Though I will probably not purchase (never say, never) GF points, I"m looking forward to not only seeing the model but also staying there a couple of nights too!

The GF is simply a beautiful resort, somewhat reminds me of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island where they shot Somewhere in Time! It will be interesting to see DVC's interpretation!

The Contemporary/BLT are not my thing, but thankfully DVC has enough variety to satisfy the many likes and tastes of its members!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
jmb910
Obsessed with anything Disney!

Has anyone heard any new rumors on when the models will be ready? Thanks.
Disney Magic Repo Cruise San Juan to Port Canaveral: October 2014 / Disney Magic 7-Night Southern Caribbean: October 2014 / WDW: October 2014 / WDW: May 2014 / WDW: March/April 2014 / WDW: October 2013 / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: April 2013 / WDW: April 2013 / WDW: September/October 2012 / WDW: June 2012 / Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera: March/April 2012 / WDW: February/March 2012 / Disney Dream 4-Night: October 2011 / WDW: October 2011 / Aulani Resort: August 2011 / WDW: March 2011 / WDW: November 2010 / WDW: October 2010 / WDW: February 2010 / WDW: October/November 2009 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: October 2009 / WDW: May 2009 / DLR: December 2008 / WDW: October 2007 / Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean: April/May 2007 / Disney Wonder 4-Night: December 2006 / WDW: April 2006 / DLR: September 2005 / WDW: Too Many Times to Count 1999-2005

jmb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #29
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb910
The models will probably not open until sales begin and there is no date for that yet.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb910 View Post
No but in another thread it was mentioned that GFV has its sales license now so probably not too long.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: