Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #2671
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumlee
Hello Everyone!!!

I signed up for the Princess Half at the ToT expo! YAY! It's fun to see some familiar avatars from the ToT boards. Hello ladies! The temperature and humidity will be better in February, right? RIGHT?! Please say yes.

Anyway, looking forward to it!!!
One can only hope!!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2672
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumlee
Hello Everyone!!!

I signed up for the Princess Half at the ToT expo! YAY! It's fun to see some familiar avatars from the ToT boards. Hello ladies! The temperature and humidity will be better in February, right? RIGHT?! Please say yes.

Hahaha yes! This past Feb it was perfect (for me). I'm from NY, LI area and I trained outside in 20-45 degree weather for all runs. Leaving the hotel for the buses at 3:45 am it was 50 degrees. I had my throwaway old navy thermal over my race gear (long compression tights, two tight wicking racerbacks) and I was perfect. The ladies walking to the bus with me were shivering! They were Floridians. At the start I tossed my thermal and was toasty by mile 1. I get very hot easily. Which may be why i was so sick during the ToT. The weather stayed about 60 i believe. There was a tiny drizzle really early at times but i personally didnt feel it.

Yayyy anoter ToTer over here!!! SOOOO excited!!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #2673
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumlee View Post
Hello Everyone!!!

February in Florida can be cold (ok, Florida cold) or rainy or perfect, but it is very rarely hot. Definitely not early October hot and humid.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #2674
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Its race day for me!

Hoping to use this 10km as my proof of time but its going to be a rough race. Its a night race (cool, eh?) but we're supposed to get more rain tonight then in the last 6 months combined. Its just constant storm systems moving through today.

Yikes! Going to be a cold, wet, windy run along the water.....wish me luck!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #2675
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Its race day for me!

Hoping to use this 10km as my proof of time but its going to be a rough race. Its a night race (cool, eh?) but we're supposed to get more rain tonight then in the last 6 months combined. Its just constant storm systems moving through today.

Best of luck - GO CONQUER IT!!!!

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #2676
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Its race day for me!

Run like the wind!!!!! Pixie dust away!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #2677
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU View Post
Best of luck - GO CONQUER IT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Run like the wind!!!!! Pixie dust away!!!!!!!

You guys are the best! Thanks for the encouragement!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 10-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #2678
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2
its race day for me!

get it gurrrlllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 10-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #2679
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

Quote:
Its race day for me!

Hope you have a great race!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #2680
dizdreamer1955
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Asics Cumulus lover here! (well, maybe former-lover) I've gone through 5 or 6 pair of them and have never found anything more comfortable. Sadly, with the recent release of the 14's series they made some fairly significant (to me)changes and I'm not so happy with them. I've still got alot of life left in one of my 13's, but I'm one that normally has at least 2 pair of shoes for training...one for short runs and another for long runs...so I either need to stock up on as many 13's as I can still find in my size or start searching for another pair that I like. Thought I had found a match in the Brooks Pure Cadence...but the longer the run, the more they didn't agree with my feet...the ToT 10-miler was the last straw in those unfortunately. I hope they end up working out for you!
I agree that the Ascics Cumulus have changed in the latest version! I had to try to find more of the 13's in my size, and they are doing much better than the 14's. I feel like the heel is just a tad too high, and they seem to be a bit roomier than the 13's. I bought two more pair of the 13's so they will get me thru the next two half marathons...and then I'll have to find a new style.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #2681
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizdreamer1955 View Post
I agree that the Ascics Cumulus have changed in the latest version! I had to try to find more of the 13's in my size, and they are doing much better than the 14's. I feel like the heel is just a tad too high, and they seem to be a bit roomier than the 13's. I bought two more pair of the 13's so they will get me thru the next two half marathons...and then I'll have to find a new style.
The heel was the first thing I hated about them (that doesn't make sense since I bought them but...). Being a 5Finger girl, I knew I'd have to get used to more of a bulky heavy shoe but when I put these on, the huge heel turned me off immediately and I almost took them right off. But I stood up and decided o give them a chance. But I did not like that heel business!!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #2682
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizdreamer1955

I read that they changed the heel to toe drop too which I'm sure just takes some getting used to, but for me the biggest difference I noticed was the cushion...seems like that just aren't nearly as cushiony, which was the main selling point of the Cumulus in the first place. Oh well, I'll probably try to find some more 13's too...hopefully a lot of people don't agree with the changes and maybe they'll change some things back for the 15's if they get enough complaints.

I woke up early this morning to thunderstorms and was feeling particularly princessy, so I curled up with BF on the couch and we watched Tangled and Princess & the Frog through the monsoon it was fun! Thankfully we got our long run in yesterday because its super steamy out now! I'm brainstorming race outfits today...I chose Belle and I have an idea what I'd like for the skirt or tutu to look like, but just need to find someone that could maybe make it for me, since I'm not too crafty that way.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #2683
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

There's an Etsy girl who does beautiful skirts. It's called OnceUponARun. She's on FB too (no spaces) and does a lot of Disney stuff. I haven't bought any but I keep eyeing them because they're really pretty. Wonder if she's here on DIS.

It's hailing here. I was planning a long run today and got rained out all weekend. I have an indoor track at the park district that I could drive to and use but I just don't get into indoor running and end up bored and ending early.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #2684
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run
There's an Etsy girl who does beautiful skirts. It's called OnceUponARun. She's on FB too (no spaces) and does a lot of Disney stuff. I haven't bought any but I keep eyeing them because they're really pretty. Wonder if she's here on DIS.

It's hailing here. I was planning a long run today and got rained out all weekend. I have an indoor track at the park district that I could drive to and use but I just don't get into indoor running and end up bored and ending early.
Ooohhh i'm gonna check right nowwww!!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #2685
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I'm brainstorming race outfits today...I chose Belle and I have an idea what I'd like for the skirt or tutu to look like, but just need to find someone that could maybe make it for me, since I'm not too crafty that way.
You could make one it's pretty easy. On you-tube you can find great videos about how to make a no sew tutu. It's pretty easy and you don't need to be crafty to do it.

I swear the hardest thing for me was cutting the all tulle the right length.
Also, the great thing is if you don't like it you can basically start over from scratch and start again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: