Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #271
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I don't think so. Why? Looking to post pad on my thread?

Possibly.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 10-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #272
moose615
DIS Veteran

Ok guys, TR is officially done, I'm going to watch Addams family cartoons with DD an maybe a trip to the book store and Norm, glad you and your family made it home safe

Last edited by moose615; 10-13-2012 at 11:24 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #273
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Ok guys, TR is officially done, I'm going to watch Addams family cartoons with DD an maybe a trip to the book store
Wow, that was a quick report. I'll go check it out. I still need to add the epilogue to my TR. I am working on it between loads of laundry.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #274
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Brought this over from the trip report. DW thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and saint canonization. If you all only really knew how it it ..... You would draw the same conclusion.

Yesterday was DW's birthday. While it is great to be able to give her a Disney vacation every year (coincidence that it occurs during school Fall Break ), it meant spending 13 hours in the car driving home yesterday. We have driven there before on her birthday, which works ok, but not as much driving home.

So, I had to make up for her birthday. Fortunately, I knew someone selling this stuff out of the trunk of the car.

I had planned to go to the store and get her roses and breakfast for her birthday, but I picked up a few extras as well - pink roses, Krispy Kreme donuts, a new pillow, and coke classic in those glass bottles. They just taste better this way.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #275
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Brought this over from the trip report. DW thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and saint canonization. If you all only really knew how it it ..... You would draw the same conclusion.

Yesterday was DW's birthday. While it is great to be able to give her a Disney vacation every year (coincidence that it occurs during school Fall Break ), it meant spending 13 hours in the car driving home yesterday. We have driven there before on her birthday, which works ok, but not as much driving home.

So, I had to make up for her birthday. Fortunately, I knew someone selling this stuff out of the trunk of the car.

I had planned to go to the store and get her roses and breakfast for her birthday, but I picked up a few extras as well - pink roses, Krispy Kreme donuts, a new pillow, and coke classic in those glass bottles. They just taste better this way.
Funy - I don't see the Krispy Kremes...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 10-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #276
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204

Haha good call!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #277
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
I once meant the SkyDome... now I mean Rogers Centre

It will always be the Sky Dome to me, Rogers bites.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #278
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
I didn't get an acceptance or rejection letter. They probably felt it best to just ignore the submission (kinda like most of the things I post here).

Well that was mean of them, maybe they are going to call you presonally to invite you directly to the panel.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #279
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
How did you the honey turn out?
Disappointing. I have to combine my two hives into one or they wont be strong enough to overwinter. Maybe next year will be better.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 10-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #280
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Twins? Ugh nemie. The only thing good that came out of the Twins was that movie little big league
You are forgetting the best Game 7 of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Big day for the Duck! I am attending my first ND game inside of Notre Dame Stadium.

I grew up a stones throw from ND and it was my dream to attend there. Economic issues at home did not allow that to happen. But, things happen for a reason and now I can check one more thing off the bucket list.

Next stop, Yankee Stadium
Have a good time.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #281
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
They were there. I didn't photograph the coffee creamer either for DW, but it was there

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Well that was mean of them, maybe they are going to call you presonally to invite you directly to the panel.
Maybe it's in my mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Disappointing. I have to combine my two hives into one or they wont be strong enough to overwinter. Maybe next year will be better.
Sorry to hear that. We have one local bee raiser/ honey producer locally we buy from. He doesn't have much leftover. It will be a no honey or grocery store honey winter for us.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #282
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

It's a good news, bad news sort of thing that really isn't bad news.

The county public school system refused to release its 2013-2014 school calendar before this trip, despite multiple requests from people to do so. Well, today, the city school had a "tentative" schedule with Fall Break the week before Columbus day next year. Well, the County schools are chicken so they will just cave and move their fall break up a week early as well.

Well, the bad news is that we already have the cruise booked for the usual Fall Break trip. The good news is that I don't care about their stupid school rules and we get two weeks off. And, if we already have a cruise booked for one week, I guess we will just be forced to stay at WDW the other week we are out of school.

I already did the math - 92 points for a studio at BWV or OKW for 8 nights, followed by a 4 night Dream Bahamas cruise.

Here's hoping that the County Public schools play follow the underachieving school system.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #283
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

The county public school system refused to release its 2013-2014 school calendar before this trip, despite multiple requests from people to do so. Well, today, the city school had a "tentative" schedule with Fall Break the week before Columbus day next year. Well, the County schools are chicken so they will just cave and move their fall break up a week early as well.

Well, the bad news is that we already have the cruise booked for the usual Fall Break trip. The good news is that I don't care about their stupid school rules and we get two weeks off. And, if we already have a cruise booked for one week, I guess we will just be forced to stay at WDW the other week we are out of school.

I already did the math - 92 points for a studio at BWV or OKW for 8 nights, followed by a 4 night Dream Bahamas cruise.

Here's hoping that the County Public schools play follow the underachieving school system.
That's what I'm waiting on, it looks like sumner co schools calendar comes out in nov so ill have to wait till then to see what DDs fall break will be, since they had a "lockout" this year causing schools to open 2 weeks late this year I can't really go by this years calendar and I have to hope they don't have the same budget issues next year as they did this year, but it looks like u have a plan either way it goes
Old 10-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #284
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Ok...just now getting time to check in I have missed a lot on here and I need a quick recap from someone
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 10-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #285
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:

We should be there about the same time as you then.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, beer, dole whips, don, meat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: