DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
hmmr308
Earning My Ears

I was able to book a savanna room studio villa for cheaper than a savanna view room (not villa I guess) are the room better on the 5th or 6th floor? I got a pin for this. Are they more preferred rooms?
hmmr308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #17
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmr308 View Post
I was able to book a savanna room studio villa for cheaper than a savanna view room (not villa I guess) are the room better on the 5th or 6th floor? I got a pin for this. Are they more preferred rooms?
depends. studios are similar in size to hotel rooms but are set up differently. all AKV studios have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofabed plus a kitchenette. if you are at jambo house (the old AKL), all the studios are on the 5th floor (except a few club level on 6th)...i'd rather be closer to the animals but i don't think it's that big of a deal.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
hmmr308
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94

depends. studios are similar in size to hotel rooms but are set up differently. all AKV studios have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofabed plus a kitchenette. if you are at jambo house (the old AKL), all the studios are on the 5th floor (except a few club level on 6th)...i'd rather be closer to the animals but i don't think it's that big of a deal.
Oh ok thanks! I was thinking the same thing about being closer to animals, but I guess they have a microwave in them which is pretty neat too! Thanks!
hmmr308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #19
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmr308 View Post
If there are only two of you, a studio might work. But if you have a group of three or four, someone is going to have to sleep on the double sleeper sofa bed. There is only one real queen bed in the room.

To me, a microwave doesn't make up for a real bed.

DVC villas are on the fifth and sixth floors of Jambo House. The sixth floor is the concierge villas and there are only five two bedroom lockoffs. Three have a partially blocked savanna view, the other two have a pool view. They go quickly to members at 11 months out.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: