|10-13-2012, 02:29 AM||#11|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Pictures in Haunted Mansion
I took some slightly jittery, no-flash, pictures of the pictures in the hallway.
(oh drat, that's so blurry and it could have been so pretty!)
I can't get enough of the lights in this room.
Although this is a particularly creepy shot of the medium's face....
Went to French Market, only to find out the menu had changed. UGH.
1. It's so fishy it's hard for me to breathe. Even when I was eating fish (over 20 years ago at this point) I couldn't stand the smell of fish...lots of mahi mahi and PERFECTLY cooked trout was cooked by my mom. Never ever ever any salmon (I know trout and salmon are related but the smells are vastly different). And their new menu makes the whole place just reek, in the opinions of me and Eamon.
2. Nothing *obviously* vegetarian apart from the mac and cheese. SO annoying. You have to ask.
3. Thankfully, the person I asked is vegan. And knows. And brought out the big folder of foods and whether or not they are vegetarian, gluten free, etc. Their corn chowder is vegetarian, and the jambalaya can be made vegetarian. So we got those (along with E's ubiquitous mac and cheese).
4. They chose the very wrong word to describe their fancy bread. Surely the fancy bread is ARTISAN. And not *artesian*. Unless, of course, they use artesian WATER in their bread. But I doubt it.
5. Their bread isn't that fancy, LOL.
6. They got rid of the normal cornbread. This is a travesty! They have some nonsense potato roll now and their cornbread is made with jalapeno! The cornbread WAS the kidlet's favorite snack, and we would go through the line and pay for it and it alone. But not with jalapenos! I do NOT know what they are thinking.
Both were annoyingly spicy, especially the jambalaya. Made it hard to actually taste the flavors, in my opinion. I did like the jalapeno cornbread, but it was spicy too, of course.
The kid's mac and cheese was given in very large portions, was creamy and delicious, and I'm pretty sure E gained a pound during the trip because of it. He also grew taller over the trip. Which was pretty cool, to get home, see him standing up next to the coffee table, and realize that he has to bend more to reach the Legos on the table. And he lost the pound I assume (his belly is smaller) without daily doses of mac and cheese. : )
Where is this?
That's the last of the pictures of the day. We decided to have coffee sent up the next morning, so we filled out the paper form and put it on our door handle before midnight, just like the room service card said to do! Tucked E into bed, turned on the "dream is a wish your heart makes" sparkle-light headboard, and he was OUT.
-molly + robert + eamon (9!!)
DLR '05-'09 found within this linkDLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12
Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|