Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Disney Dining

Does anyone know if you can add Disney Disney Dining for part of your stay? We are staying 13 nights but only have a 10 day ticket and it seems like a waste to pay for it on days we are at other parks (like Seaworld) however with 3 adrs it seems like i'd already be paying for a big part towards a dining plan.
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

You have to have it for your whole stay. You could try splitting it into two reservations, but that seems like a hassle. You could alway double up on table service and use just quick service breakfasts or something for the days you're at Sea World or out of Disney.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
You have to have it for your whole stay. You could try splitting it into two reservations, but that seems like a hassle. You could alway double up on table service and use just quick service breakfasts or something for the days you're at Sea World or out of Disney.
I agree the only way would be to split your stay into two reservations, but the DDP credits would expire at midnight on the day you check out of the reservation that had the DDP attached. If you are interspersing your non-Disney days at different times during the 13 day stay, splitting into two reservations wouldn't work that well. If all 3 non-Disney days were at the beginning or end of your trip, it would work better.

Another option would be to schedule a couple ADRs at signature restaurants which require 2TS credits. The extra CS credits could easily be used for breakfasts on your non-Disney days before you head out to Seaworld or wherever.

Another option to consider would be to upgrade one of your 10 day MYW tickets to an Annual Pass and then purchase the TIW card. It gives a 20% discount at most Disney restaurants. I believe the cost for the card is $75, but you could easily make that back since you are there for 10 days.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
Another option to consider would be to upgrade one of your 10 day MYW tickets to an Annual Pass and then purchase the TIW card. It gives a 20% discount at most Disney restaurants. I believe the cost for the card is $75, but you could easily make that back since you are there for 10 days.
I agree about the TiW card but I just want to add that the discount is only good at TS locations, lounges and a few value resort CS locations. The discount is good on everything - appetizers, specialty drinks and alcohol. But they also add an automatic 18% gratuity to your bill. That's not a problem for us since we routinely tip 20% (easy math). But if you are not used to tipping that amount, it can be a little annoying.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette
I agree about the TiW card but I just want to add that the discount is only good at TS locations, lounges and a few value resort CS locations. The discount is good on everything - appetizers, specialty drinks and alcohol. But they also add an automatic 18% gratuity to your bill. That's not a problem for us since we routinely tip 20% (easy math). But if you are not used to tipping that amount, it can be a little annoying.
There are a couple CS locations at AK that also take TiW.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami

There are a couple CS locations at AK that also take TiW.
Really??? Do you happen to remember which ones? I don't remember seeing them on the list.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips

Really??? Do you happen to remember which ones? I don't remember seeing them on the list.
Off the top of my head, I am pretty sure both Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari take it.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
candielips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami

Off the top of my head, I am pretty sure both Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzafari take it.
Thanks! I just found the list. It is Pizzafari, Flame Tree, and Restaurantosaurus.

I am super excited now!!!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
FreitasFarm
Earning My Ears

Just stumbled upon this thread... I am wondering if purchasing a TiW card will be worth it. We're staying 5 nights/ 6 days in January (me, DH, and toddler DS). We're FL residents and plan on getting FL seasonal passes. The January trip we have booked 3 ADR - one for Jiko, one for Mama Melrose's w/ Fantasmic seating, and Crystal Palace character breakfast. Obviously, we will be dining at more than these places during our stay. Some quick calculations estimate that having the TiW card will save approximately $55 for these ADRs alone.

Since we will be passholders and plan on returning throughout the year, does it seem like a good idea to spend the $75 up front and get a TiW card? I noticed the passholder discounts aren't as generous as they have been previous years.

Anyone have any experience with the TiW card who can offer some advice?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear View Post
Does anyone know if you can add Disney Disney Dining for part of your stay? We are staying 13 nights but only have a 10 day ticket and it seems like a waste to pay for it on days we are at other parks (like Seaworld) however with 3 adrs it seems like i'd already be paying for a big part towards a dining plan.
Buy it for your entire trip and use the extra credits to do some signature dining that uses 2 credits like Le Cellier, CRT, etc. And use the counter service for a good breakfast at Disney on the days you are heading to another park.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

so...get the dining plan, some of the best food options are at Disney resort hotels! plan your dinners for when you're done at other places on those 3 extra days. In my weeklong trip, we eat in the parks twice...resorts have great food!

Tags
dining

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: