Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #106
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm so sorry about your mother. I hope that maybe this new center is more equipped for her and can help her to be more comfortable, for all of your sakes. And we are all here for you! I'm sure reliving your trip will help a little bit at least. And if you can't continue, or just need to take a break we will all understand!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #107
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I contemplated not doing the rest of this TR. There is so much going on with my mother right now, that I can't even think straight. I have never felt so lost in what to do as I do right now. I don't want to bore you with all of the details, but the last call I got about an hour ago was that they were moving my mother from the Nursing Home to a Behavioral Hospital because last night and this morning she was hitting patients, nurses and volunteers. They cannot keep her there under those conditions.
My goodness. I wish I had good advice for you, but honestly, what do you say in these situations? I hope and pray that your mother and your family will have peace.

Quote:
I did NOT having the most "welcoming" castmember I've ever dealt with...
She probably went to Starbucks instead of Dunkin Donuts.

Quote:
Check-in accomplished

Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #108
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Yikes, you do NOT look happy after check in!
You don't happen to remember that CMs name? On the DREAM we wound up meeting a very nice OKW front desk CM, who offered to help with anything we would need. If you can remember her I can pass it on to her.

Sorry to hear about your mother. That is just so hard to go through, especially after Mark lost his mom such a short time ago. Lots of for you!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #109
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your mother.
Great update
You don't look happy after check in. Hope the rest of the day went better.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #110
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I'm truly sorry to hear what all is going on with your mom. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for you. I hope doing the TR lets your relive happy memories and gives you a break from reality. But, if you can't do it, I think we'd all understand.

Glad y'all made it to OKW even if the check-in wasn't the best. I will have my own tale (eventually) in my TR about our check-in there.

Hope the mission to DTD was a success!!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #111
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Kathy, I understand everything you are going through with the behaviour and phone calls concerning your mother. It's absolutely horrifying and very upsetting to witness. Thank goodness there are medications to tame the behaviour, but the unfortunate part is there is nothing to erase the scenes from your mind. Again, I am SO very sorry you are dealing with this. It's a nasty disease and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I had to giggle to myself when I saw your "after check-in photo" as that is exactly how you looked when you were sitting on the bench and I was scared to approach you! (knowing you were there with heavy hearts, etc.) Also wanted to add, in Mark's picture of the pool and lounge chairs, my Mark and I are on the very last two to the right! I am actually sitting in the one with the towel hanging over the back of it. LOL!!! Too funny.

Hang in there, friend. xo
Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #112
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Kathy...I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you with your mom...and after just losing Mark's mom. Wish I had some words of comfort...just know you all are tucked near in my heart and prayer...and loads of ISPD coming your way (Industrial Strength Pixie Dust).

As for the cast member....the look on your face says it all. We had a similar CM at POR and the Poly - I hoped they were just having a bad day, but POR seems to be rather notorious for rather crabby front desk CM's...and I've heard other check-in stories about the same Poly CM. I do everything to lighten things up and get a small smile...but those two were hopeless.

We are all here for you, Kathy...if you take a break from the TR, we'll be here for support...feel our love.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #114
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh Kathy, would that we could make this go away and ease your heart. I am so glad you are staying with us during this time. I know the DIS has gotten me through a few things, spoken and unspoken, and it has truly helped.

Escape, dreams and memories of happy places are something to hold onto, especially now. Hold on to that countdown ticker too, it will help you persevere. While I do believe He doesn't give us more than we can take I can only imagine you feeling tested and pulled beyond belief. You are amazingly strong and while I'm sure it doesn't feel like this right now, I know your mom is blessed to have you trying to navigate this for her, even if she isn't aware of it. Thank you for sharing with us and knowing that we are here for you.

The expression on your face post check in is priceless.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #115
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Kathy, My prayers go out to you and Mark during this tough time you both have and are going through. It is the prayers of others that helped me with the sudden passing of my younger brother (45) last year and the battle my mother has been going through with ovarian and cervical cancer shortly after. Take comfort in knowing others out there care.

Let me also give a big thanks to you for being such a great encourager with all that I have gone through the past year or so. Your pm's and posts made a difference. It truly helped.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #116
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Great start, Kat! You have such great kids from everything you have said about them..hope my boys turn out just the same!

I have never flown first class, that was so nice of your boss to upgrade you and Mark!

I loveeeee coffee but SB is too strong for me but I do love their fraps and holiday drinks, my favorite coffee is from Dunkin' Donuts followed by McDonalds...I know!!

I would love to stay at OKW some day, the resort just looks relaxing and beautiful plus I have read wonderful things about it from both you and Karin.

So sorry you are going through such a difficult time keeping you and Mark in my thoughts.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #117
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm so, so sorry about your mom Kathy I told you this on your PTR, but my grandmother had alzheimer's and it was an incredibly difficult experience for the entire family to go through. It's an awful, awful disease. If you decide that this TR is too much for you to keep up with I'm sure everyone here would understand. This might be a really good outlet though to escape all that. Hang in there, you will be in my prayers!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #118
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Oh Kathy

I know this is incredibly hard and let us try to be there for you.
Even if you can't update, please try to stay around so we can do what we can to help you. Maybe the happy place will help provide some comfort during this terrible time.

Thinking of you Kathy.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #119
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I found your PTR, and will be here when you have time to update. Right now, you need to take care of your family. Thinking of you.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #120
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sorry about the difficulties with your mom...sent you a PM!

bummer about the grumpy CM - hey maybe check-in is a side job from being the "real" grumpy

you do know that CA Adventure in DLR has a Starbucks now and they are opening an E of S in DTD

totally understand if you need a break from the TR, we will be here no matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Thank you, Lisa!
you are welcome!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: