Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #811
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

My best advice to you is to spread this out. Do a dessert party or character meal for other events then you can fit it all in.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #812
mam516
Earning My Ears

Song decisions

Hi, Swalphins! I am getting married at the crescent terrace on 12.1.12! It is getting so close I can hardly wait.

I need some music selection help. I have a violinist for the ceremony, but don't know what songs to pick? Anyone have any favorites?
mam516 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #813
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mam516 View Post
Hi, Swalphins! I am getting married at the crescent terrace on 12.1.12! It is getting so close I can hardly wait.

I need some music selection help. I have a violinist for the ceremony, but don't know what songs to pick? Anyone have any favorites?
Best wishes! It's so exciting that you're getting so close. I'm afraid I'm no help with music. I vacillate on that issue all the time. "String group or iPod?" "Pop music or standards?" It's terrible.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #814
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

I should also mention that I requested to join the FB groups today. We're only a few weeks away from touring the ceremony sites and (I hope) securing our date now. I'm getting really excited for it.

♥ Melissa
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #815
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Hi and welcome mam516!!!
We had a harpist and we asked her to play a few favourite classical pieces during guest seating, and Disney love songs during the cake/ champagne reception after the ceremony. We used Stairway to Heaven for groom/officiant entrance, theme from 'Swan Lake' (I thought this appropriate as we had a loose swan theme running through our VR), for MOH entrance, Canon in D for my entrance (not my choice, but DH loves it) and an excerpt from Handel's Water Music (as we had our ceremony in front of the gorgeous swan fountain in the West Courtyard), for our recessional.
HTH

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #816
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
Mrs - I can't wait to finish your PJ! I'm so excited you're doing a dinner at Garden Grove!
I want to do a character meal there - but I'm just not sure how it's going to work out.

I need to ask Erin some more questions, but I'm trying to space them out - 1 email a week at the 13 month mark is a bit much!

The fiance' wants a real cake.
I want a character meal and a Fantasmic! dessert party.
Fantasmic is at 6:30 the night of our wedding.
How in the world can we fit all this in?
His answer is to give up the character meal - which would save money -
but think about how much fun it would be!

Anyone know if Garden Grove will serve a cake from the Swan itself? I'm hoping to avoid the $5 per person outside fee.
Glad my PJ is helping!

You may want to do the character meal as a welcome dinner event and Fantasmic either as a reception or something after OR, a rehearsal.

You can have Garden Grove serve a cake from the Swan and the $5 fee would be waived but the Swan's cakes are REALLY expensive. We found it was cheaper to pay the fee than order a cake from the Swan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mam516 View Post

Welcome fellow December Swalphin!

We are having the violinist play traditional wedding music (her choice) and exiting to "Married Life" from the UP soundtrack. We thought it would just be easier to have her choose than us!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #817
mam516
Earning My Ears

I like the Cannon D. I am trying to decide between that or Cinderella, A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes for my entrance. I want to choose the main songs. Letting the violinist pick the other songs sounds like a great idea! Thank you!
mam516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #818
DreaminDisney529
Earning My Ears

Hi Swalphins,

My name is Cassie and I am really glad I finally I decided to click on this thread! My fiance and I are in the beginning stages of planning a June 2014. I always knew I was going to have a DFTW but recently I have been running the numbers and I am not sure if I want to spend that much in addition to dealing with all the rules and restrictions. I have already been emailing Erin from Just Marry to get some more information and she has been very responsive! I'm still in my "research" stage, but I'm looking forward to reading some great planning journals & exploring the possibilities for a S/D Wedding!

I will be going to Disney for the week of Thanksgiving and I wondering if Just Marry does site visits for Swan Weddings, or if its just easier for me to visit the ceremony locations on my own. What do you all think?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #819
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaminDisney529 View Post
Hi Swalphins,

My name is Cassie and I am really glad I finally I decided to click on this thread! My fiance and I are in the beginning stages of planning a June 2014. I always knew I was going to have a DFTW but recently I have been running the numbers and I am not sure if I want to spend that much in addition to dealing with all the rules and restrictions. I have already been emailing Erin from Just Marry to get some more information and she has been very responsive! I'm still in my "research" stage, but I'm looking forward to reading some great planning journals & exploring the possibilities for a S/D Wedding!

I will be going to Disney for the week of Thanksgiving and I wondering if Just Marry does site visits for Swan Weddings, or if its just easier for me to visit the ceremony locations on my own. What do you all think?

Thanks!
Hi, Welcome, and congrats!!1
Erin has been my planner and is extremely helpful and has been great at communication.
Like you, after crunching numbers I just didn't think that a DFTW would work for us and the number of guests we have.
I think that they will definitely be able to show you around the resort to show you some of the ceremony locations. I would just let Erin know now to see if they can already schedule a date with you to do that next month, since it's the holidays and I'm not sure if they will be able to accommodate the site visit on a short notice. Other than that I don't see why they couldn't.
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #820
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Swalphins,

Thanks!
Welcome Cassie! You'll find that most of us started out as a DFTW girl but ultimately switched to S/D. The reason for my switch: the S/D is much more affordable and there are SO few restrictions!!

Let us know if we can help out at all!

I did a site visit last December but I had already booked; I'm sure that if you ask they will be happy to do a site visit!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #821
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Congratulations and welcome, Cassie!!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #822
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Swalphins,

Thanks!
Best wishes and congratulations! I'm still more than a year out from our desired date and haven't booked anything yet, but Just Marry has been incredibly helpful already. I have a site visit scheduled for a little over two weeks from now to look at both ceremony locations and private dining rooms in the Swan/Dolphin restaurants. Definitely call or e-mail Erin and see if she can schedule a time to meet with you.

♥ Melissa
Old 10-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #823
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Swalphins,

Thanks!
Hi Cassie!

The Swan and Just Marry really excel in the area of communication. We actually had two different site visits when we were planning our wedding. The first one was just with my parents and the second one was with my DH and I. Each time, they met with us with no time restrictions and no extra charge. We also had a cake and menu tasting session-again with no time restrictions and no extra charges. In addition to that, we also had a separate meeting with the florist to pick out flowers and a separate meeting with the planner and caterer to just go over last minute stuff, at our request. Our JM planner and swan caterer always got back to us quickly throughout our entire planning experience-through phone, email, in person, etc...

You are in good hands with the Swan and Just Marry!!!

Last edited by minniebride; 10-22-2012 at 02:46 PM.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #824
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Welcome welcome welcome! You will find us a very tight knit group and very willing to help each other

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #825
DreaminDisney529
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much Ladies!!

I went ahead and emailed Erin from JM about scheduling a site visit while I'm at Disney next month, and she was more than happy to help! She's not if sure she is available to do the site visit, but she will see if someone else is

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: