Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #1261
jcaboose
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5

Hello all - I've been enjoying all the information on this thread for a while now. We arrive one week from tomorrow for our first family trip to WDW. Can't wait!! Still haven't told our kids (10 and 5,) hoping we can keep the secret another week. All the info here helped make me more comfortable/happy about choosing WL. We have a "Woods View" and I requested a 4th or 5th floor room in the North Wing, but based on all the pictures here, doesn't look like there's too many ways to be disappointed no matter what we get.

Any tips/secrets for helping the kids enjoy the WL even more?
jcaboose is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #1262
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsandra View Post
Just switched resorts from POR to WL. It is my first time at WL and my first deluxe resort...so excited! I am going to be there from 10th of Dec. to the 17th with my DH, DS2 and DS5. Can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations.

Need some advise on which rooms to request. I booked a courtyard room. I was going to ask to be facing inner courtyard and to be on the 5th floor. I just don't know which room location to ask for, North wing, south wing or lobby (bear faced). I am concerned by the noise of lobby (WCC) or pool (afternoon activities). I like the views better on the South side but don't know if it is too far of a hike to all amenities (lobby, bus, boat.) North side seems more convenient but the view of the lake seems to be hidden by the trees. Are the lobby rooms noisy? Help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Good choice, Alexsandra! I know from the POR thread that you've been waffling between the two resorts~ (I'm doing the same thing..but want to go sooner than my Jan. trip! I doubt I'll get a discount good enough tho)
dreamcruiser is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #1263
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer
 
EmmaMagsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scituate,MA
Posts: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaboose
Hello all - I've been enjoying all the information on this thread for a while now. We arrive one week from tomorrow for our first family trip to WDW. Can't wait!! Still haven't told our kids (10 and 5,) hoping we can keep the secret another week. All the info here helped make me more comfortable/happy about choosing WL. We have a "Woods View" and I requested a 4th or 5th floor room in the North Wing, but based on all the pictures here, doesn't look like there's too many ways to be disappointed no matter what we get.

Any tips/secrets for helping the kids enjoy the WL even more?
How exciting! You are going to love the WL. We leave again in 18 days. Can't wait to get back. Our DD"s ages 8 and 9, love the resort. The resort will have pool parties and games every afternoon. The recreation staff is great and do a great job entertaining the kids. It is a nice mid day break for all of us. You will receive a schedule when you check in. Enjoy your time. I'm sure you will love it.
EmmaMagsMom is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #1264
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
I am so excited that today we booked our trip for Sept 2013 to stay at WL courtyard view. This will be my daughters 1st trip and we will also celebrate her 2nd birthday. DH and I stayed there back in 2008 and loved it. My parent are join us and it will be there first time staying there.
Congrats on booking the WL . Our last WL stay we had a great courtyard view that overlooked the inner courtyard and we loved it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates View Post
Hi guys - intend to read through all of this, but obviously can't do it in one night!

We had booked Coronado but changed to the package deal for Wilderness Lodge the other day when the discounts came out. Still gasping at the amount I will be paying lol!!

Since we did book the plan with 1 QS, 1 TS & 1 Snack, I am planning a bit for breakfast in the room. Can anyone tell me if I can purchase soy milk at Poly or only standard 1%/2%?
WL is a little more expensive than a moderate, but it is so worth it, IMO . The resort is beautiful and having the boat for going to MK is great . I can't help with the soy milk question, but hopefully someone else can give some information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
3 weeks from today until surprising DS on his 6th birthday about our trip and then 3 more weeks from that day until we arrive for our first WL stay. This is when it starts to feel real!
You're going to have a great trip as the WL is an amazing resort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaboose View Post
Hello all - I've been enjoying all the information on this thread for a while now. We arrive one week from tomorrow for our first family trip to WDW. Can't wait!! Still haven't told our kids (10 and 5,) hoping we can keep the secret another week. All the info here helped make me more comfortable/happy about choosing WL. We have a "Woods View" and I requested a 4th or 5th floor room in the North Wing, but based on all the pictures here, doesn't look like there's too many ways to be disappointed no matter what we get.

Any tips/secrets for helping the kids enjoy the WL even more?
Have a great trip and enjoy the WL.....you picked a great resort for a first stay .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
We leave again in 18 days. Can't wait to get back.
Have a great trip .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #1265
sheri236
Mouseketeer
 
sheri236's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: delmont, pa
Posts: 463

just wanted to say that I can't believe our trip is only 13 days away!! this will be our 4th stay at wl but we are traveling with friends and this is their first. can't wait to show them how awesome wl is!!! I really need to get packing!
__________________
sheri236 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #1266
chimommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Did you ever call to see if there's a pin code attached to your name?

I have not called yet... but I plan too.. I called the other day and it was a 20min wait... so i figured i would call back another day =)
chimommy is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #1267
chimommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 357

just called... no codes... hopefully I can get something later!!!
chimommy is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #1268
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates View Post
Hi guys - intend to read through all of this, but obviously can't do it in one night!

We had booked Coronado but changed to the package deal for Wilderness Lodge the other day when the discounts came out. Still gasping at the amount I will be paying lol!!

Since we did book the plan with 1 QS, 1 TS & 1 Snack, I am planning a bit for breakfast in the room. Can anyone tell me if I can purchase soy milk at Poly or only standard 1%/2%?
Poly? Not sure, but I do know that Fantasia over at the CR has it:




And, the Mercantile at WL also has it:



Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
Thanks Kook for the balcony/railing pictures. Definitely prefer that open balcony, so I guess 5th floor will be our request, so as to get the highest floor with hopes for a Wishes view (Woods View booked). 3 weeks from today until surprising DS on his 6th birthday about our trip and then 3 more weeks from that day until we arrive for our first WL stay. This is when it starts to feel real!
You're welcome and what a fantastic surprise! Let us know how the big reveal goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaboose View Post
Hello all - I've been enjoying all the information on this thread for a while now. We arrive one week from tomorrow for our first family trip to WDW. Can't wait!! Still haven't told our kids (10 and 5,) hoping we can keep the secret another week. All the info here helped make me more comfortable/happy about choosing WL. We have a "Woods View" and I requested a 4th or 5th floor room in the North Wing, but based on all the pictures here, doesn't look like there's too many ways to be disappointed no matter what we get.

Any tips/secrets for helping the kids enjoy the WL even more?
to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread, jcaboose!
Make sure you take them over to FW. You can rent bikes at WL and bike over, walk, bus or boat. They have pony rides and canoe rentals. There is also a 'pool party' every afternoon at WL with lots of games and fun. The Cub's Den hosts a free activity for kids every afternoon and there is also a free marshmallow roast on the beach in the evening. The arcade is across from the Cub's Den (I have photos on the first page). The marina rents boats and Sea Raycers which are a great way to see Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. It's also fun to boat over to the CR and eat, shop, monorail watch from the 4th floor observation deck and the arcade there is lots of fun.

Have a great vacation



Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri236 View Post
just wanted to say that I can't believe our trip is only 13 days away!! this will be our 4th stay at wl but we are traveling with friends and this is their first. can't wait to show them how awesome wl is!!! I really need to get packing!
Jump up and down, smile, now get to packing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post
just called... no codes... hopefully I can get something later!!!
At least you tried. Your trip is still a ways out so don't give up hope - there will be something probably next year.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1269
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

A week from today we'll be at WL!!!! I'm looking forward to the escape from reality for a long weekend

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #1270
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran
 
luvallprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 636

What kinds of kids activities are offered for kids at the Cubs Den in the afternoon? Is this something reservations are needed for and a fee is paid or impromptu drop in type things? I never came across this anywhere in all of my WL research!
__________________

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC

Last edited by luvallprincesses; 10-12-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typos
luvallprincesses is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #1271
jgates
Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags again!!!!
Sometimes the TF only visits when you sleep...
Sorry, my Jag is in the shop this week!
Motel 6's #1 source for free online advert
 
jgates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: WestCentral, WI, USA
Posts: 3,260

Thank you guys - I'm a moron - I BOOKED WL. I have no idea why I said Poly in there. What an idiot I am. I plan on packing some boxes of cereal since we each get a checked bag free on Delta. Last year I took some dixie bowls, plastic spoons etc. Made it very easy to at least get something in our tummies while everyone else was showering. My sweet d-in-law needs soy milk so this will work out well since they have it.

Was also able to get the lite version of Starbucks little bottles at WM last year - I will miss having that caffeine fix in the morning!! I wouldn't dare pack those in my luggage lol!!!

Sorry I mis-typed. Just too tired at the time I guess & suffering BRAIN FADE.......

Opinions on Roaring Forks for breakfast or lunch? Any thoughts?
jgates is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #1272
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
A week from today we'll be at WL!!!! I'm looking forward to the escape from reality for a long weekend

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Is this the trip you would do the dessert party? How old are your kids? My boys were 16 and 12 the first time we went and 17,13 the second. The younger one is the picky one and the older is usually up for anything.
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #1273
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

Miss- I have not tried the cheeseburger at LC, but picky Justin ate all of it and that was probably only the second burger he had in his life
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #1274
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal

Is this the trip you would do the dessert party? How old are your kids? My boys were 16 and 12 the first time we went and 17,13 the second. The younger one is the picky one and the older is usually up for anything.
No, that is our Dec trip....I am a sucker when it it comes to the castle being lit up my little ones are 7 and 9 (older DS doesn't do Disney anymore).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 01:19 AM   #1275
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates
Thank you guys - I'm a moron - I BOOKED WL. I have no idea why I said Poly in there. What an idiot I am. I plan on packing some boxes of cereal since we each get a checked bag free on Delta. Last year I took some dixie bowls, plastic spoons etc. Made it very easy to at least get something in our tummies while everyone else was showering. My sweet d-in-law needs soy milk so this will work out well since they have it.

Was also able to get the lite version of Starbucks little bottles at WM last year - I will miss having that caffeine fix in the morning!! I wouldn't dare pack those in my luggage lol!!!

Sorry I mis-typed. Just too tired at the time I guess & suffering BRAIN FADE.......

Opinions on Roaring Forks for breakfast or lunch? Any thoughts?
We enjoyed RF for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We would usually share a waffle plate between the three of us that I would pick up when I went down first thing and did a mug refill.

If you want more information, I did a detailed RF post herehttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=989

Have a great trip at WL!
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: