Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #1321
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacintabelle View Post
Well Guys the time has finally come, were leaving in 16 hours, just have to sleep and do the small things.....If anything comes up that l may need to know i will now probably only be able to get it via Facebook, safe travels everyone and see you soon in Florida!!!!!!:woohoo :
Have a safe trip, we will see you in 3 weeks and 1 day!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #1322
Daniellenbella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacintabelle View Post
Well Guys the time has finally come, were leaving in 16 hours, just have to sleep and do the small things.....If anything comes up that l may need to know i will now probably only be able to get it via Facebook, safe travels everyone and see you soon in Florida!!!!!!:woohoo :
I'm jealous! Have safe trip!!

We have started our count down calendar at home! I made it for our WDW trip in 2009 so it's Disney themed. When I left this morning DD & DH was looking over the DCL website at all the things to do. DH is finally getting excited about going.

Has anyone started to pack yet? Last year was our first cruise (EVER) so I was stressing out on what to pack. This year it just feels like a regular vacation (which likely means I won't get my act together until the night before we leave). I should probably start making lists at least.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #1323
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniellenbella View Post
Has anyone started to pack yet? Last year was our first cruise (EVER) so I was stressing out on what to pack. This year it just feels like a regular vacation (which likely means I won't get my act together until the night before we leave). I should probably start making lists at least.
I've made stacks on the guest room bed...my normal M.O. Our dress clothes are hanging on a door hook ready to go into the garment bag...got to get my dress back from the tailor....
planning to bring the suitcases up next weekend. This weekend is laundry and setting aside more clothes. It's much easier now that the weather 'turned' here! Packing one bag for the stay at BLT so the others can stay closed.

All this and I will still be up til all hours the 30th, sure I've forgotten SOMETHING!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #1324
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
I've made stacks on the guest room bed...my normal M.O. Our dress clothes are hanging on a door hook ready to go into the garment bag...got to get my dress back from the tailor....
planning to bring the suitcases up next weekend. This weekend is laundry and setting aside more clothes. It's much easier now that the weather 'turned' here! Packing one bag for the stay at BLT so the others can stay closed.

All this and I will still be up til all hours the 30th, sure I've forgotten SOMETHING!
we are packing twins although I still need to GET my dress to the tailor--trying to decide if I can do the little alteration myself. Getting so excited!
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #1325
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefullyjenn View Post
we are packing twins although I still need to GET my dress to the tailor--trying to decide if I can do the little alteration myself. Getting so excited!
I did that once....but had DH pin where the hem should be. TOld him EXACTLY where I wanted it. Yeah...too short!

I pay now!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #1326
disneyin84
Dedicated Disney cruiser

Had to get our suitcase out for a short trip to North Carolina last weekend. No sense in putting it away now. However, I find myself talking to it when I walk past it in the bedroom (I'm home alone a lot...is it obvious?). I somewhat envy all of you packing up to come down here on vacation...I miss those days from when we lived in upstate New York. The trade-off is that we only have to pay for the cruise...no travel, meals or hotels. I'm okay with that! However, it's so exciting listen to you all talk about getting ready. Thanks for all the sharing!

Big Red Boat November '90, Wonder December '09 and May '10, Dream December '11, '13 and '14, Magic April '12 and May '14, Fantasy November '12 and '13.

DVC Member
disneyin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #1327
disneyin84
Dedicated Disney cruiser

Only three weeks to go!!!! Woot!!!! Watched the light of sunrise hit the Fantasy this morning (online, of course). I can't wait! I need to stay busy...or I'll go crazy.... .

Big Red Boat November '90, Wonder December '09 and May '10, Dream December '11, '13 and '14, Magic April '12 and May '14, Fantasy November '12 and '13.

DVC Member
Old 10-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #1328
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyin84 View Post
Only three weeks to go!!!! Woot!!!! Watched the light of sunrise hit the Fantasy this morning (online, of course). I can't wait! I need to stay busy...or I'll go crazy.... .
have a friend on the bus to the port right now! So jealous! I've looked at the cam a couple of times already this morning! I got it bad!!!
watching a ship that isn't doing a thing!

3 weeks, everyone! Three weeks!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #1329
TomsRiverNJMickeyFan
Mouseketeer

Cell Phone Service

Just got off the phone with ATT wireless to inquire on my options for cell phone service while cruising, was pleasantly surprised to hear that the ports of St. Thomas, USVI and San Juan, PR are part of our domestic minutes and plans and no need to upgrade to an international plan, to be able to check in with family during the middle of the cruise.

WDW 1977 - 1990 16 Times Off and On Property., 1992 Big Red Boat/Carribean Beach Resort (Honeymoon), 1994 - All Star Movies, August 1996 All Star Music, August 1998 - All Star Movies, August 2000 All Star Music, August 2004 All Star Movies, April 2007 - 7 Day Western Carribean Magic, April 2007 DVC Owner Saratoga Springs , August 2008 - Wilderness Lodge (3 Days), Saratoga Springs (7 Days).

October 31, 2009 7 Day Halloween Magic Cruise

WDW November 11 -19, 2011 Saratoga Springs/All-Star Movies.

Animal Kingdom Village - Kidahni - Studio
One night Pre-cruise visit

Election Day Escapees on the Fantasy November 3 -10, 2012
TomsRiverNJMickeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1330
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

I checked with Verizon and learned that in both San Juan and St. Thomas, texting and data are covered under our current plan at no additional cost. In San Juan, voice is also covered under our current plan, which is NOT reflected in the website. In St. Thomas, voice costs $1.99 per minute.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #1331
disneyin84
Dedicated Disney cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
have a friend on the bus to the port right now! So jealous! I've looked at the cam a couple of times already this morning! I got it bad!!!
watching a ship that isn't doing a thing!

3 weeks, everyone! Three weeks!
Try living vicariously thru your friend. Check the Personal Navigators online, see what your friend's options are and decide what you'd be doing....kinda like a mental cruise.

My daughter and grandkids will be at the port toward the end of the channel waving goodbye...feel free to act like you know them...wave and yell! They love it!

DVC Member
Old 10-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #1332
reevesinga
Mouseketeer

Movie list:

Wreck it Ralph
The Help
War Horse
Cars 2
muppets
Chimpanzee
Brave
Odd life of Timothy Green
People Like Us
Avengers
Frankenweenie
reevesinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #1333
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Another sail out in the books! Two more and it's our turn!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #1334
disneyin84
Dedicated Disney cruiser

Didn't it look great? *sigh*

DVC Member
Old 10-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #1335
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

hi everyone! Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and has no additional costs with U.S. mobile subscribers. I have had ATT, Sprint, and now T-mobile and the phone is safe to use while in PR. I talk to family and friends all the time who live on the island, perfectly safe. St Thomas has different rules depending on the carrier, so I would double check
So close!!! We are so ready to go!!

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: