Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Can't Decide Which Camera To Take

We are planning our second trip to the World. We are driving this time, and the kids think we are going on a fairly boring, history themed road trip. We hope to actually be on property before they figure out where we are going .

Anyway, I have two cameras: a Rebel XS complete with the kit 18-55mm, a 55-250mm lens, and a 50mm lens. This is what we took on our first trip, and I lugged the thing through the parks. I love taking pics with it, but it gets heavy.

My other camera is a p&s, a Sony CyberShot DSC-WX50. It is small and compact, plus does video (which my DSLR does not).

I am an amateur photographer. I do shoot either in manual or aperture priority when using my DSLR. While I don't necessarily want to lug the camera through all the parks every day, I fear I would miss it if I left it at home.

At the same time, the Sony takes good pictures, is easy to carry, and would be easier to pack safely away during rainy times or wet rides.

So I guess I'm looking for opinions. Should I leave the DSLR at home and have one less big thing to worry about? Should I take it but leave it in the room? Would it even be safe in the room? I love the idea of not having a big camera around my neck in the parks. But I also loved taking pictures with it.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: