Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

Mystic Dunes

Any recent experiences at Mystic Dunes? I've read a variety of reports and it seems as though there may have been some recent upgrades??

Is it a timeshare? Will we be pressured to listen to some type of presentation?

Thanks for the help!

upcoming - Sunset Lakes Dec 13/Jan 14
Windsor Hills January 2013, Windsor Hills September 2012, POFQ February 2012, POR September 2010, DLR November 2009, AKL January 2008, POR October 2007
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
copperhound
Earning My Ears

Mystic Dunes

I'm at Mystic Dunes right now. I checked in about 2 hours ago. I requested an upgraded room and I'm not sure whether I got one or not. The room is clean and very spacious (2 br unit). It could use some paint updates around the exterior entry, and the floor tile is chipped in various places, but not badly.

The decor is a little antiseptic, but it's great for the price -- I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say on here, but we got a great price at one of the group purchasing websites. The one with "Zoo" in the name.
copperhound is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
copperhound
Earning My Ears

Oh, and the concierge tried to get me to take a tour, but I politely declined and that was that.
copperhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperhound View Post
I'm at Mystic Dunes right now. I checked in about 2 hours ago. I requested an upgraded room and I'm not sure whether I got one or not. The room is clean and very spacious (2 br unit). It could use some paint updates around the exterior entry, and the floor tile is chipped in various places, but not badly.

The decor is a little antiseptic, but it's great for the price -- I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say on here, but we got a great price at one of the group purchasing websites. The one with "Zoo" in the name.
Thanks for the info! Please give us an updated post once your home or further into your stay.

I get emails for the site you listed, so I'll check that out. We also have enough SW points to stay for free, but are not sure if it's a good use of our points?? We already have ressies at WH for 7 nights, but recently added on a couple of extra days and thought we check into places near WH for those two nights.

My DH is very anti-being approached/pressured into a presentation. Which is why we decided against Bonnet Creek - although it looked like a great place to try....

Enjoy your stay!

upcoming - Sunset Lakes Dec 13/Jan 14
Windsor Hills January 2013, Windsor Hills September 2012, POFQ February 2012, POR September 2010, DLR November 2009, AKL January 2008, POR October 2007
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
cheerky
Mouseketeer

My family stayed at Mystic Dunes last year, the week before Christmas. We stayed in a very spacious 2 bedroom condo. It was clean and had everything we needed. I believe our unit had been refurbished. I requested a refurb room at check-in. Check-in was very quick and nobody bothered us about a timeshare presentation.

The woman at the ticket concierge was fantastic. My mom joined us last minute and needed to purchase tix. She got a great deal on her tix with meals included.

Mystic Dunes is located right down the street from WH. I got an incredible rate of $202 for the week from condodirect.com. I would definitely stay at this property again if the price was right!
cheerky is offline   Reply With Quote