Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #136
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLove View Post
OMG, it goes to 11!! That is so awesome. I must have one.

I hope your trip is super magical. Lots of days, that's fantastic! We're going from Dec 28 - Jan 7. Ya, a lot of days and yes, that hotel charge does add up fast!

Sure hope your cough clears up in time!
Isn't it hilarious that it goes to 11? It's so subtle, or maybe it's just unexpected. I mean, who expects to have a Spinal Tap moment with Buzz merchandise?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Molly, you should. Richard has a great class, E can do it too. I think that it is still $12 a person to exercise and Richard is always fun and the more the merrier! Here is a link to RS schedule for October.

I hope your cough goes away!

What did you end up getting for E's costume? I know he is going to be a pirate.
We have some random things to be put together (after coloring them with brown RIT dye) into a sort of piratey costume, but not like the captain of a ship...more like a down on his luck first mate or even a cabin boy (which sounds icky to me, but then I've watched far too much Saturday Night Live in my life to be able to say "cabin boy" without going to a bad place in my head), but also with the pirate singers in mind. I dunno, I'm not sure if it'll work, but if HE thinks it works, that's what is important.

I'll definitely check out that link! How fun would that be? Kids can go too? Cool!

Took MIL to her appt and a lab visit today,and got to watch the difference in everything with her when she has enough food in her system vs not. She was one way for over 2 hours, bright, sparkly, happy (tired, but OK)...then suddenly she was NOT OK. It was very very weird. I mean, she looked like she had lapsed into Alzheimers or extreme old age or something, she just looked gone, and she got pale and wasn't talking... I noticed it immediately (the physician's assistant was looking right at her and didn't see it right away) and made her start eating her sandwich, even though we were in the doctor's office. She ate half of her little sandwich and the lights were turned back on in her head. It was THAT fast, both ways. Really really weird.

And I'm just remembering that now I KNOW she's taking her metformin, and that might be making a big difference in how she's dealing with her food... Augh this trip is just at the worst time! But her other son NEEDS to know how to help out, and this will be GOOD for him and her and everyone.

Since the cardiologist had just checked her out for the cruise (and deemed her OK), he brought it up (no one had yet). And in conversation with her later, she actually wants to go! She's not frightened of it at all. So there we are. Of course we'll talk to the neurologist and everyone, make sure they have their input, but the important thing is HER level of concern to start with.

Robert's home, and that's good, and we're right down to the wire of getting things ready for the trip!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #137
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Yes, kids can exercise, mine did. The oldest was thirteen at the time. Kids exercising is a big deal to Richard.

That's odd about your MIL. I am glad you witnessed it so that you have something you can tell your BIL so he knows what to look for. I say play be ear on the cruise.

Have fun with the crunch things.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #138
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Hi Molly,

I haven't been around much at all as I tend to go into a post-trip depression and don't really want to think about Disney much at all. But then I miss it, or am planning another trip, or something, and I come back .

I'm sorry to hear about everything that is going on with your MIL. I mean, it is awesome that she seems to be doing well right now but stressful that she has ongoing issues. Please know that even if I'm not posting here I am thinking of you guys, and your trip/life reports are one thing that keeps me coming back to Dis!!!!!

I hope you guys have an amazing trip!

Nancy

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #139
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Aw Nancy, I'm sorry you get post-trip-depression. ***hugs*** (the hugging emoticon always disappears right when I need it)

Robert visited with his mom today, and realized there are two other chunks of memory that she is missing. She told him to take care of me and his mother in law. And asked him why her daughter had broken up with her last boyfriend. Robert never had a MIL, since my mom died before we met...and my SIL's last boyfriend died from an MRSA infection. And she had forgotten the whole huge saga of Eamon's arrival (but he discovered that during her first hospital stay this month). So there are big holes; not big important things *for her*, but pretty big for other people! And she has memory from long ago as well as short term...it's really weird, where those "holes" are. OK, it's interesting when you think of it as a "patient"...it's sad and depressing and scary and sad again when it's a human, especially a human you know, especially a human that is loved by those around you.

Le sigh.

We had a phone conference with my BIL to make sure he knows what to do, what's going on, etc.

We actually leave tomorrow evening, and have all the transportation stuff settled. Whew.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #140
kaoden39
Hugs

Molly, maybe her memory will recover. I am sure that BIL will take good care of his mom. Have fun and relax. You need it after everything you have been going through.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #141
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Ugh. Robert has been taken down by the bug. Either he encountered it while on his trip or we were still contagious way later than we thought. Either way,he apologizes for breathing his soon to be sick germs on people in the Nemo sub, etc.

Poor guy. Just as e I and think we are done with it. Sigh.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #142
kaoden39
Hugs

Molly, I hope Robert has recovered and that you all are having a ball!
Old 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #143
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

He had a very different experience with the cold, and not as easily able to just stay in bed all day as we were. I urged him to, knowing how contagious it was (if *we* gave it to him nearly 2 weeks after the start of symptoms, it's seriously contagious!), but someone didn't want to listen.

Got back home and had to jump right back in to MIL-care, so it's been hard to focus on something like a trip report (I'm sure y'all are used to this by now). Right now I have to focus on finding the cord to connect camera to computer, while I organize the MIL Notebook (all info, contacts, and care notes given to us). Oh and I should have Eamon do some reading, too. So unfocused!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #144
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Molly -

I am eager to read about your Halloween Time adventure (especially since it's looking more and more like I won't be doing my own trip this year and I need to fill the void!), but I am the last one to talk about not being able to focus on a TR!! Take your time. We'll all be here.

I saw your comments about the MHP and whether or not it's worth it to go alone in another thread (although there are so many darn Halloween and MHP-related threads going on right now that I can't even remember which thread it was). Even though I feel like I want to be there because the regular daytime Halloween festivities keep getting scaled back, I agree with all of the points you made about the MHP for a solo person. I am constantly on the fence about whether I think the MHP is ultimately worth it or not. Sometimes it seems more worth it than other times. It would seem a lot more worth it to me if it were not a crowded event, but it is a crowded event, so...

I also noticed that you made some comments about crowds and encountering some heat - both of those things would annoy me.

I suspect that overall you had a great time, but that there were some things that you could have done without!?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #145
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Sherry, I should pull back just a bit from my position on solo-at-Halloween, because obviously there ARE people who would enjoy it immensely even alone. But, you know, is the average person going there for a convention that sort of person?

The heat was SO hard. You know that we normally *go go go*, and we were literally saying "enough!" and going back to the hotel.

R&E especially enjoyed it, because the "go go go" is *mainly* because of my urging and their inability to stop having a good time once they are having a good time, LOL. So when I am the one saying "I can't do it", they jump on the opportunity to slow it down.

The non-Monday crowds maybe weren't as bad to MY eyes as they were to other eyes, but that Monday, yikes. And there were other things going on with that exchange that made me just peeved. I had also been cut directly in front of at bag check, and the CM didn't care when I said "that woman just completely cut the HUGE line"...and that doesn't make a person chipper, LOL. And, as I said in the other thread, "I wasn't even supposed to BE there that day!"

I sure wish we had enjoyed the Party more! And I wish I'd gotten back behind BTMRR again to take pictures of the cool lights coming out of the abandoned mines....so so so cool.

I'm sorry you might not be able to take a trip this season.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #146
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

While looking for something else, I found this, which relates to a recent discussion on the boards:

Quote:
Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:
Tattoos that could be considered objectionable, such as with obscene language or graphics
Interesting.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #147
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Sherry, I should pull back just a bit from my position on solo-at-Halloween, because obviously there ARE people who would enjoy it immensely even alone. But, you know, is the average person going there for a convention that sort of person?

The heat was SO hard. You know that we normally *go go go*, and we were literally saying "enough!" and going back to the hotel.

R&E especially enjoyed it, because the "go go go" is *mainly* because of my urging and their inability to stop having a good time once they are having a good time, LOL. So when I am the one saying "I can't do it", they jump on the opportunity to slow it down.

The non-Monday crowds maybe weren't as bad to MY eyes as they were to other eyes, but that Monday, yikes. And there were other things going on with that exchange that made me just peeved. I had also been cut directly in front of at bag check, and the CM didn't care when I said "that woman just completely cut the HUGE line"...and that doesn't make a person chipper, LOL. And, as I said in the other thread, "I wasn't even supposed to BE there that day!"

I sure wish we had enjoyed the Party more! And I wish I'd gotten back behind BTMRR again to take pictures of the cool lights coming out of the abandoned mines....so so so cool.

I'm sorry you might not be able to take a trip this season.
I love the cool lights in that BMTRR location (like the eerie purple light emanating from a cave-like area and the creepy red-lit train or whatever it is). Plus, there's a bit of fog back there too. That may be my favorite spot at the MHP.

See, I would have absolutely no problem doing a Halloween Time trip solo - that way I can get a lot of photos and be able to concentrate. But doing the actual party solo seems to be a different issue for me - the idea of solo trick-or-treating at my age seems silly, but with companions it doesn't seem as silly!

There are things I like about the party and things I don't particularly care about, which is why I'm always on the fence about whether I think it is ultimately worth it. If the daytime Halloween festivities keep getting scaled back and/or moved to the party, then the party becomes more valuable.

The heat at DLR would have killed me. It was a nice 68-ish out here yesterday (yay!), and will be about 72 degrees today...but in several days it will be back up to 92 degrees! That is just not right.

The people who just blatantly cut in line anywhere - without a thought to anyone around them - drive me nuts. I can forgive them if they do it and somehow don't realize they cut in front of someone until it's too late (that can happen), but the ones who just go sashaying by (as if their time and their schedules and their lives are soooooo much more important than anyone else's) to cut in front are just obnoxious.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #148
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I love Seatac.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #149
kaoden39
Hugs

Hi Molly!!

It stinks that Robert got so sick. And the heat! Yuck! I cannot stand the parks in the heat. But, I have learned to enjoy the slow pace in the parks. Sometimes it is nice to stop and smell the flowers.

That window in Seatac is beautiful!!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #150
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Here's a blurrier picture as the sun was setting.

That huge window is through the "middle" security line, and is only for the enjoyment of traveling passengers. Sigh; those meeting or dropping off people are robbed!

We got in the evening of the 28th and stayed at Hilton Anaheim. No shower the next morning as the hot water was out. Waited on hold for AGES only to find out there was no ETA for it being fixed, and to stop by the front desk to be reimbursed. Well, we didn't plan our morning to give us extra time to do that (especially with the AGES being on hold), and the line was like a mile long. Harumph. Still need to write to them or contact hotels.com or something.

We had a rental car, and that morning headed out FIRST to our Weight Watchers meeting on Lincoln Ave not that far from Trader Joes , a mall, a Starbucks, a Target, a Best Buy, and (though we didn't go to this place this trip) Panera. Excellent weigh in, excellent leader, excellent meeting. Then we went to Starbucks (our post-weigh in tradition), Target (I forgot my tights for my costume and we needed UNexpired sunscreen), and Trader Joes. And then on to the hotel!

This was R&E's first time at DLH after the remodel, and the first time I really noticed this map.

It was really neat to look at.

First thing I did when we got to our room was unpack and make E's stuffies at home, then take a bad picture of them.

We were in Frontier tower, floor 12, something like 5773. Once you got past the parking lot in our view, you could see all the neighborhoods "out there" and all the trees people have around their houses, and it sort of looked like a little forest. If you could ignore the big hotels off to the side. We could see the convention center's Hilton's sign. Wasn't an awful view. If you looked way to the left, you could see the Grand, even.

And I REALLY liked the decor. I was NOT a fan of the old decor, that's for sure! I liked the sparkly headboard a surprising amount, and although the pillows were so big they were painful for me, the actual bed was comfy and I liked the sheets.

There will be vast swaths of report here that's just pictures, b/c I lost track of things quickly. I tried to take notes, I did! But I failed.

I'm a sucker for drapey amaranthus, as we had it in many arrangements at our wedding and it's just pretty.

I have grown to appreciate the Haunted Mansion overlay. I'm the last to expect that from me, but there, I've said it. And it's not just because it makes Eamon feel safe enough to ride the ride, but I now find the tunes catchy. Doesn't mean I'm a Burton fan, let me be clear, but that movie isn't as bad to me as I once found it.

Even if they crossed out my name.

We actually stood in the whole line, if you can't tell. Even though it was rather warm, I liked that we had that chance b/c we could see so many things you don't see on off seasons when you go right in. Or during Halloweentime when they are running FPs for it. Which they weren't. Harumph.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 10-13-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: