Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
taivensmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11

spirit of aloha

Hello,

This is our first trip using the DDP and we have a reservation for the spirit of aloha show. Being a dinner show, do I need to print some sort of ticket ahead of time, or is the reservation confirmation # all I need when "checking in"?

I thought I might have read somewhere that concierge will print tickets for the SOA dinner show, but I could be dreaming that up in my head. We are staying at All Star Movies.


Thanks!
__________________
mom(me) Dad: Son:6years Daughter:2years
Kids first trip to disney - 11/15/12~11/23/12
taivensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 19,026

1) Print your tickets at
. . . any resort Concierge Desk or
. . . any park/DTD Guest Services desk.
2) You can get them up to 7-days in advance of show date.
3) Just take your ressie number in case they can't find your name.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
taivensmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11

Thank you so much!
__________________
mom(me) Dad: Son:6years Daughter:2years
Kids first trip to disney - 11/15/12~11/23/12
taivensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 2,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by taivensmom View Post
Hello,

This is our first trip using the DDP and we have a reservation for the spirit of aloha show. Being a dinner show, do I need to print some sort of ticket ahead of time, or is the reservation confirmation # all I need when "checking in"?

I thought I might have read somewhere that concierge will print tickets for the SOA dinner show, but I could be dreaming that up in my head. We are staying at All Star Movies.


Thanks!
i went to this last week. They made us CHECK in at three different locations & it was SO unorganized even though I pre paid!!! I will be blogging about my experience soon. hopefully you get better luck. The first check in is at concierge desk for the tickets.....
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick

i went to this last week. They made us CHECK in at three different locations & it was SO unorganized even though I pre paid!!! I will be blogging about my experience soon. hopefully you get better luck. The first check in is at concierge desk for the tickets.....
You're supposed to get your tickets from your own resort concierge and you can do it in advance (can't remember how far out) so I think that might have added to your check in problems.

Oh I see Rusty said 7 days in advance.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
sephorachick
DIS Veteran
 
sephorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
Posts: 2,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You're supposed to get your tickets from your own resort concierge and you can do it in advance (can't remember how far out) so I think that might have added to your check in problems.

Oh I see Rusty said 7 days in advance.
we stayed off property. We got there an hour or so before it started & it was chaos maybe because of the rain??? Everyone who came after us was confused too as to why we had to check in multiple times as well so I know it just want us who had a bad experience...... Just a bad night I guess?
__________________
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephorachick

we stayed off property. We got there an hour or so before it started & it was chaos maybe because of the rain??? Everyone who came after us was confused too as to why we had to check in multiple times as well so I know it just want us who had a bad experience...... Just a bad night I guess?
Oh. We passed through the lobby one trip when it was pouring rain and all the SoA guests were in the lobby waiting and someone with a clipboard was there trying to check of names or something and it did look like absolute chaos!
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.