Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #3451
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Waaaaaaaa So I don't get a prize then

I think you've made a good choice - it was your first choice and its your first on-site stay so you're gonna love it. Save the deluxes for next time
Well you were in good company. I think everyone said AKL, except Levenhopper and he might have had inside information.

Yep it was my first choice, many months ago. Should have just stuck with that first instinct.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #3452
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc
Congrats mom2travel! 50 years is quite an accomplishment!
Thanks but the congratulations go to Maddie's Nana
DH & I are less than half of that

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #3453
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

I know!! I talked about upgrading so much. It just didnt make sense for us. I am sure. I dont feel that crazy need to change anymore. The pieces just all fell into place last night. And I was able to keep my FD even though the offer is expired so that sealed the deal. I requested 50's lakeview.
That's awesome that you were able to keep the FD! I didn't realize that this was your first stay on site. Pop was my first stay on-site as well. I loved seeing all of the nostalgia in the lobby and seeing things that I owned. They even have a pair of the old fashion rollerskates with the wooden wheels. My mom still owns her set.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #3454
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

You all are so funny I have laughed so hard this morning that there were a couple of times I wished for a depends. The days are getting closer the weather is getting colder soon time to get out the christmas decorations.

WOW just noticed we are at 49 days ugg I better start some series planning.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #3455
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry!! I actually had to get some work done this morning. Crazy, right?!

Well thankfully, none of our choices are "that kind of motel". LOL

I think all four options were guessed by at least one person. Sorry Tofu, changing the roll call again. But this time I swear I am done.

So after discussing this with DH last night.... We decided CSR looked too much like the condo we stayed in last year--very nice, but not Disney at all. We could stay somewhere like that on a different vacation.
WL was still my first choice, but if I want DH to ever agree to go to Disney again, this vacation cannot be a budget buster. AKL was a little cheaper, but still too much and DH had little interest in that one.

So POP Century it is!!!!! I am excited to have the food court and to take pictures of all the giant icons. I want to walk across the bridge to see AoA (and Jordan and Abby). We saved $500, so now my souvenir budget has a little more wiggle room. And the people on that POP thread are just so excited about going back to POP. I made my room request for one of the recommended quieter sections so we can get a little peace, maybe. I am going to start saving now, so we can stay deluxe on the next trip, but I am happy with this choice.

Thank you to everyone for weighing in on my debate and putting up with my indecisiveness. LOL
Congrats on finally making a decision. YAY! You will enjoy it.

Good Morning to everyone else on the board.

This thread is always happening....
Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #3456
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Tofubeast-- you are working on #3 right? At this rate by tomorrow morning!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #3457
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
The way this thread has been moving I'd believe it! Three pages were added since I went to bed last night. At least it wasn't 8 like the last time!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #3458
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
The way this thread has been moving I'd believe it! Three pages were added since I went to bed last night. At least it wasn't 8 like the last time!
I just went back and looked. We hit 200 pages on 10/9. We have been chatty this week!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #3459
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Good Morning!!!

I'm borrowing this! That's our number too! Wahoooooooo!!!

Quote:
Good morning!!!! Happy Friday!!!

Let's play a game. Who can guess which resort Valerie is booked at now?? I will narrow it down for you. It is one of the ones we have discussed this week---POP, CSR, WL or AKL. DH and I are in agreement with our choice and are both happy. So did we decide to stay at CSR? Switch back to POP? Upgrade to WL for location? Upgrade to AKL for the animals? I really should have done a PTR.

Oh Em Gee - haven't read all the way through so don't know if you've revealed your resort but I say you stayed with CSR... only because you wrote BOTH you and hubby are happy... which means no additional stresses like money to upgrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
You are staying at the Travelodge in Winter Park.
Hilarious!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #3460
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

Yesterday in 12 hours I had 8-9 pages to read!! Took me over an hour with 1 page being added!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #3461
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Yes, 50 years in February. It doesn't seem possible. Of course, I really don't remember the ceremony since I was a child bride - age 2 or 3, I think.

Thanks for all the congrats. DH wants to know what we will be doing to celebrate - since we are going to Disney in Dec., do you think its too soon to return in Feb ? Maybe a Disney cruise again? I can't plan two things at once - the anniversary trip will have to wait til we return. That will ease the end of trip depression.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #3462
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Quote:
So after discussing this with DH last night.... We decided CSR looked too much like the condo we stayed in last year--very nice, but not Disney at all. We could stay somewhere like that on a different vacation.
WL was still my first choice, but if I want DH to ever agree to go to Disney again, this vacation cannot be a budget buster. AKL was a little cheaper, but still too much and DH had little interest in that one.

So POP Century it is!!!!! I am excited to have the food court and to take pictures of all the giant icons. I want to walk across the bridge to see AoA (and Jordan and Abby). We saved $500, so now my souvenir budget has a little more wiggle room. And the people on that POP thread are just so excited about going back to POP.

Thank you to everyone for weighing in on my debate and putting up with my indecisiveness. LOL

You totally got me!?! I thought for sure you'd just stay put at CSR. Good choice though. Extra money into the fund is always nice! I love the location of POP in proximity to AoA which will be a must visit for their gift shop...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #3463
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
You all are so funny I have laughed so hard this morning that there were a couple of times I wished for a depends. The days are getting closer the weather is getting colder soon time to get out the christmas decorations.

WOW just noticed we are at 49 days ugg I better start some series planning.

My coffee went up my nose and everything!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #3464
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
You totally got me!?! I thought for sure you'd just stay put at CSR. Good choice though. Extra money into the fund is always nice! I love the location of POP in proximity to AoA which will be a must visit for their gift shop...
Oooo I forgot about their gift shop. The paint brush pens are so cute!!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #3465
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
That's awesome that you were able to keep the FD! I didn't realize that this was your first stay on site. Pop was my first stay on-site as well. I loved seeing all of the nostalgia in the lobby and seeing things that I owned. They even have a pair of the old fashion rollerskates with the wooden wheels. My mom still owns her set.
Yep!! The CM said Guest Services would have to check for availability since the code was expired. I said, I'll wait.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: