Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #136
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 14,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
I have to roll my eyes when I hear people playing the God card during the show. Yes, the Lord is watching over you and your attempts to win a silly game show and become a millionaire, as if he has nothing better to do. So I was glad that "the Lord" sent Russ home, despite his "excellence". It was obviously God's will.
Drives me nuts at sporting events, too. Yeah, Jesus had nothing better to do than make sure you caught that pass
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #137
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 7,261

What?? I thought Jesus loved baseball and Survivor!
__________________
What?
jrmasm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #138
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)
 
threeboysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
I was glad Russell went home last night. He was really getting annoying with his attitude and remarks about losing the challenges. I'm really starting to like Malcolm, but haven't seen enough of some of the other 2 tribe's people to really decide who I'm going to root for to win. Denise is a good player, but has anyone else noticed how manly she seems? Her facial features, to me, look more like a guy, and she does have a very pronounced adam's apple too. Just makes me wonder... It'll be interesting to see what she looks like when they announce the winner. I know make-up does wonders sometimes.
Who the heck cares what someone looks like? What does that have to do with anything about playing Survivor??

I for one am glad that not every player on this show has to be beautiful and touting fake headlights....
__________________
Click here for 2014 Book Challenge Thread: 40 out of 30

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager
















threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #139
NY Disney fan
DIS Veteran
 
NY Disney fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,255

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholastica View Post
I'm feeling pretty bad for RC though, she is being thrown under the bus.
As she should be. She is a snake in the grass.
NY Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #140
scholastica
Mouseketeer
 
scholastica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Disney fan

As she should be. She is a snake in the grass.
I don't know, Pete seems so much more a snake. Planting evidence is sneaky.
__________________
Jillian Blogger and Podcaster at Dole Whipped.
scholastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #141
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 7,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholastica View Post
I don't know, Pete seems so much more a snake. Planting evidence is sneaky.
Yes, Pete and Abi are trouble. Not sure what RC did other than make the mistake of pairing up with Abi.
__________________
What?
jrmasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #142
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholastica View Post
I don't know, Pete seems so much more a snake. Planting evidence is sneaky.
I don't think RC seems like a bad person or bad player
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #143
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)
 
threeboysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 9,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Disney fan View Post
As she should be. She is a snake in the grass.
I'm thoroughly confused.

What did RC do to evoke the madness of the Abi-witch?
__________________
Click here for 2014 Book Challenge Thread: 40 out of 30

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager
















threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #144
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it
 
Ginny Favers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Who the heck cares what someone looks like? What does that have to do with anything about playing Survivor??

I for one am glad that not every player on this show has to be beautiful and touting fake headlights....
I agree! They always seem to put in their "token" players. Token old person, token Asian person, Token gay person, and then a good half of the people are "the gorgeous". I know that looks do play into it-- Jeff once made a comment that they'd never do Survivor in a cold climate because "people want to see hot girls wearing as little as possible". Um, not everybody wants that, Jeff. I'd love to see it somewhere cold, actually!
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #145
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
 
Daddy_of_Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenixville PA
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I'm thoroughly confused.

What did RC do to evoke the madness of the Abi-witch?
Nothing. Pete planted the Hidden Immunity Idol clue so it looked like RC had it in her bag. Then the nut job who betrayed RC by telling Pete about the clue went nuts.
__________________
Me 41 - DW - DD 10 - DD 6 -

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #146
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister
 
4greatboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Shadybrook
Posts: 26,868

I'm glad Russell is gone. I didn't like him the first time around either. I wish they would mix up the tribes into 2 with a buff draw. I like to watch everyone scrambling around.
__________________

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #147
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.
 
travelbug24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Riverland, in the U.P. of MI
Posts: 1,589

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
I'm glad Russell is gone. I didn't like him the first time around either. I wish they would mix up the tribes into 2 with a buff draw. I like to watch everyone scrambling around.
Me too.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #148
Wall-E1
Dis DAD
Beware the mac & cheeseHas YAGEing down to a fine art
 
Wall-E1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 4,242

http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines
From a People magazine interview with Russell after eviction...

So, it didn't go well this time out. What was the problem?

I'm not going to throw [my tribesmates] under the bus, but this is a hard game.

I respect anybody who will take it on, but they have to be engaged in the process. My tribe wasn't engaged; the other tribes were hungrier.

Perhaps if Russell had been hungrier, he could have climbed out of the water in that other challenge. Not throwing Russell under the bus...


Coming into the game, what were you expecting?
I was there to get the check; I wanted to have an "up from the ashes" narrative. And that's not what happened, and I have to deal with that.

Perhaps if he had put more thought into a winning strategy, rather than having a heartwarming narrative for the viewers, he could have gone further.


But you're an accomplished guy; you just lost a reality show.
I wasn't playing a character; I was just being me. So all the things that people say to me on Twitter, they can hurt. The things Jeff [Probst] has said about me, the way we interacted, that has been tough, too.

But you know, I could care less what Jeff Probst thinks of my performance out there. I did what I could. And don't worry; you won't read about me jumping off a cliff because of this. I'll be fine.

What has Jeff said about Russell that is so bad? I read his "3 question segment each week, and read/watch his thoughts on the show. I haven't heard him say anything terrible about Russell. He pointed out the flaws in Russell's game, but nothing he said was untrue.

Russell just seems like a sore loser who came into the game with the mindset that he was going to "rise up from the ashes", capture the hearts of America, and walk away with a $1,000,000 check.

Boo hoo! Too bad for you.
__________________
1979 Polynesian - 1984 Polynesian - 1998 Dixie Landings - Dec 2003 Coronado Springs - Apr 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2004 All Star Sports - Oct 2004 Carribean Beach - Dec 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2005 Wilderness Lodge - May 2005 Pop Century - Oct 2005 Pop Century - Dec 2005 Dolphin Resort - Jan 2006 Disneyland Resort California - August 2006 Yacht Club - Sep 2006 Coronado Springs - Dec 2006 Dolphin Resort - Sep 2007 All Star Movies - Nov 2007 ABD Costa Rica - Feb 2008 Pop Century - August 2008 All Star Music - Sep 2008 All Star Movies - Nov 2008 Pop Century - Dec 2008 Boardwalk Villas - May 2009 Beach Club Villas - September 2009 All Star Movies (my son's 20th trip to WDW!) - Nov 2009 All Star Movies - and for 2010!!! - Jan 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - May 2010 Port Orleans Riverside - September 2010 Pop Century - December 2010 Contemporary - November 2011 Beach Club Villas - March 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 2012 Contemporary - December 2014 Pop Century


Wall-E1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #149
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 21,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-E1 View Post
http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines
From a People magazine interview with Russell after eviction...

So, it didn't go well this time out. What was the problem?

I'm not going to throw [my tribesmates] under the bus, but this is a hard game.

I respect anybody who will take it on, but they have to be engaged in the process. My tribe wasn't engaged; the other tribes were hungrier.

Perhaps if Russell had been hungrier, he could have climbed out of the water in that other challenge. Not throwing Russell under the bus...


Coming into the game, what were you expecting?
I was there to get the check; I wanted to have an "up from the ashes" narrative. And that's not what happened, and I have to deal with that.

Perhaps if he had put more thought into a winning strategy, rather than having a heartwarming narrative for the viewers, he could have gone further.


But you're an accomplished guy; you just lost a reality show.
I wasn't playing a character; I was just being me. So all the things that people say to me on Twitter, they can hurt. The things Jeff [Probst] has said about me, the way we interacted, that has been tough, too.

But you know, I could care less what Jeff Probst thinks of my performance out there. I did what I could. And don't worry; you won't read about me jumping off a cliff because of this. I'll be fine.

What has Jeff said about Russell that is so bad? I read his "3 question segment each week, and read/watch his thoughts on the show. I haven't heard him say anything terrible about Russell. He pointed out the flaws in Russell's game, but nothing he said was untrue.

Russell just seems like a sore loser who came into the game with the mindset that he was going to "rise up from the ashes", capture the hearts of America, and walk away with a $1,000,000 check.

Boo hoo! Too bad for you.

He never was that great of a player in either season. Not sure why they brought him back.
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #150
scholastica
Mouseketeer
 
scholastica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 181

Russell is not charismatic enough win over America. Frankly, I found him boring and very annoying! I hated how he prayed aloud, threw temper tantrums in front of everyone and worst of all he went in saying "I don't want to be the leader" and so on and then did just that. I agree someone has to lead but do not go in saying you are not going to then start bossing everyone around!
__________________
Jillian Blogger and Podcaster at Dole Whipped.
scholastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.