Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #181
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
They're not even close to saying it's her.
But finding a body of a young girl when you're searching for a young girl is definitely connected. They can't tell if it's her but they may report that it might be simply because of circumstance.
How many young girls missing are there?
And they have spent all day searching other areas as well. If they were so sure it was Jessica they wouldn't have so many search parties wading in Stanley Lake and other open spaces. They would be focusing on the suspect.
They're still searching; they don't know it's her.
just because they are both girls (which btw they havent even released that yet) is not connected thats like saying 2 different men who were shot are connected? and they are not still searching for her, quite a few of the main headlines out here have even said so..
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #182
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertnie20 View Post
just because they are both girls (which btw they havent even released that yet) is not connected thats like saying 2 different men who were shot are connected? and they are not still searching for her, quite a few of the main headlines out here have even said so..
What??? All the media is saying they are still searching.

I agree it is most likely Jessica, but really, they have not ruled out it is not.

9news at 10 just showed the search parties wading around the shores of Standly lake looking for her. They have specifically said the search is NOT over until the body is positively identified.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #183
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post

I agree it is most likely Jessica, but really, they have not ruled out it is not.

9news at 10 just showed the search parties wading around the shores of Standly lake looking for her. They have specifically said the search is NOT over until the body is positively identified.
Are you sure that wasnt old clips.. i have seen some repeats.. and i believe it was fox31 that said they werent searching but i could be wrong.
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #184
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

I had hopes that the car spotted in 2 towns in Maine & later found abandoned in Portsmouth, NH would lead them to her, but didn't turn out to be.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #185
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you sure that wasnt old clips.. i have seen some repeats.. and i believe it was fox31 that said they werent searching but i could be wrong.
I think you may be getting confused with the dual coverage. There has been quite a bit of coverage this afternoon and this evening on the FBI profile of the kidnapper and what we, the public, should be looking for.

However, just because they are covering the suspect search more heavily does not mean that the search for Jessica has ended.

Although, since there are no other children missing in Colorado, the odds are stacked that a body found 7 miles from the victim's home would be the victim.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #186
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post

Actually, the news said the search has shifted from her to looking for a suspect.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #187
Mickey'snewestfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
Actually, the news said the search has shifted from her to looking for a suspect.
But regardless of who the murdered child is, they still need to search for the murderer. The fact that their looking only indicates that they know there's been a murder.
Mickey'snewestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #188
unglygirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'snewestfan View Post
But regardless of who the murdered child is, they still need to search for the murderer. The fact that their looking only indicates that they know there's been a murder.
I am having a hard time warping my mind around this first someone would take her for no reason then kill her once again for no reason other then to what does someone what to fill in the blank?
unglygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #189
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Are you kidding me rude much, if they didn't want it out a state trooper wouldn't be posting it on his Facebook. It's already going fb on many pages. They Identifed her but didn't make it media know until the DNA test come back.
Shame on that state trooper and anyone else connected with this investigation that is leaking information that they shouldn't.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #190
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
I'm not saying he shouldn't have posted it, But telling me to shut up is uncalled for, I never said for a fact it's Jess I said this is what he has said and he has been out there. There is always a leak. They are waiting for DNA but he posted the family Identifed her, I never once said this was fact and its already going around. Didn't think posting this would cause such a scene which it shouldn't have
It absolutely should have caused a scene. We are talking about someone's murdered child here.

You know what? If this was that state trooper's kid, would he want the "specualtion" posted on some random stranger's FB page?

I swear we have lost all sense of what's right and wrong.

I hope he gets his head handed to him for leaking information.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #191
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Are you kidding me rude much, if they didn't want it out a state trooper wouldn't be posting it on his Facebook. It's already going fb on many pages. They Identifed her but didn't make it media know until the DNA test come back.
That was a definate lack of judgement on his part. He should not have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
He absolutely should not have posted that in a public place like FaceBook. That is completely unprofessional and I would bet against policy.
No doubt it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
Shame on that state trooper and anyone else connected with this investigation that is leaking information that they shouldn't.
I agree completely.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #192
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Sorry, that should have said about the fact that its not intact.

and I was never implying that the media wouldnt know, and that they wouldnt tell the family, but what the article said was We have informed the family that we will be letting the media know about the finding of the body. If it had nothing to do with Jessica, they wouldnt bring the fact of hey theres a dead body thats hacked up and we know you know but we want to tell you that were telling 9news. they would say we had a body but we dont believe it to be jessicas. but no, thats not what they did. Also just because i post what someone has said doesnt mean im saying its a fact. the name of this thread is doing the same thing, Amber alert in colorado-Body found-pray for the family kinda says its her.
You're psoting information that you heard from a state trooper involved in the investigation, which is on his FB page.

I guess we're all just disheartened and disgusted by the lack of professionalism shown by that trooper.

I expect the media to be dogs, chasing after every bone and throwing innuedos out. I don't expect it of the professionals who are supposed to protect us.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #193
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Was it really necessary to release details about the body (the police, I mean)?

What family needs to know their child was "hacked up" and the crime scene is "gruesome"?

I'm trying to put myself in that mother's position as best I can and that is definitely something she doesn't need to know.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #194
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Was it really necessary to release details about the body (the police, I mean)?

What family needs to know their child was "hacked up" and the crime scene is "gruesome"?

I'm trying to put myself in that mother's position as best I can and that is definitely something she doesn't need to know.
For myself, that is something I would want to know. I know its horrific and very graphic but I think its better to tell it like it is than beat around the bush.

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #195
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
For myself, that is something I would want to know. I know its horrific and very graphic but I think its better to tell it like it is than beat around the bush.
I think the family should have the option of knowing the details. In order for that to happen with the way the media is, they would ALSO have to have the option to decide whether they would like those details released to the public.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro, #20- A Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness, #21- Postmortem Patricia Cornwell, #22- The Darkest Minds Alexandra Bracken, #23- The Heist Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #24- The Town Bentley Little, #25- The Chase Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg, #26- Relic Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Soldier's*Sweeties is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: