Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #3406
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #3407
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

We have Food Lion. they were always kinda crappy but they did this weird split a couple years ago. Some stayed FOod Lion. Some went more upscale to Bloom. It's pretty much still Food Lion. Some renamed to Bottom Dollar. I won't even go into those on a dare. really, who thought that was a good name?

Sounds like we have it good. Our main grocery store chains are Giant and Safeway. On the upscale end we have Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. And we just got Wegmans. And some communities have smaller chains too. But everyone at least has a Giant and a Safeway. Those vary but some are quite nice.
Bottom Dollar?? Yeah I wouldn't be going there!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #3408
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

We have Food Lion. they were always kinda crappy but they did this weird split a couple years ago. Some stayed FOod Lion. Some went more upscale to Bloom. It's pretty much still Food Lion. Some renamed to Bottom Dollar. I won't even go into those on a dare. really, who thought that was a good name?

Sounds like we have it good. Our main grocery store chains are Giant and Safeway. On the upscale end we have Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. And we just got Wegmans. And some communities have smaller chains too. But everyone at least has a Giant and a Safeway. Those vary but some are quite nice.

I never considered Harris Teeter upscale, but I suppose compared to Food Lion it is (though i agree HT more expensive). We have both of those, Trader Joes and Whole Foods nearby, plus a Target with a grocery about 10 minutes or so away. They also opened an Aldi not too far away, but don't really have an interest in trying it.

Bottom Dollar?? For food?? Sounds scary!

On a happy note, it is Friday!!! :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #3409
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Good morning!!!! Happy Friday!!!

Let's play a game. Who can guess which resort Valerie is booked at now?? I will narrow it down for you. It is one of the ones we have discussed this week---POP, CSR, WL or AKL. DH and I are in agreement with our choice and are both happy. So did we decide to stay at CSR? Switch back to POP? Upgrade to WL for location? Upgrade to AKL for the animals? I really should have done a PTR.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #3410
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Good Morning!!!

Wow!! That seems really close!! My first number is still a 6!! 64 days.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Old 10-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #3411
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
So I read this and I'm like NOOOOO

Then I close my eyes and say 'Please be a resort room only booking"

THen I'm like "DisneyDreamerMN where are you??"

Phew! Now I'm all
You are hilarious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Am I the only one that thought of Crush from Finding Nemo when reading this?
Totally dude!!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #3412
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
We have Food Lion. \
We almost did ... they built two near us, they were finished ready for opening then the whole scandal in Florida happened plus, the meat vendor was to found to be buying old meat So, they never opened, still lying empty.

I shop in Publix because I love their bakery and their meat is one of the 'safest' in the industry .... which is why is tastes so good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post

Let's play a game. Who can guess which resort Valerie is booked at now?? I will narrow it down for you. It is one of the ones we have discussed this week---POP, CSR, WL or AKL. DH and I are in agreement with our choice and are both happy. So did we decide to stay at CSR? Switch back to POP? Upgrade to WL for location? Upgrade to AKL for the animals? I really should have done a PTR.

Oooh I LOVE games!! Now I have that Jeopardy style tune playing in my head .... am I running out of time?? I'm starting to panic.

*shouts* AKL!!!!!!!!!!

Phew. Just before the buzzer went!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #3413
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard
I have heard the crowds are a bit higher at parks with EMH but still nothing comparted to summertime hours. Maybe a 6 out of 10

We totally go for comfort when it comes to going to the parks - stuff that won't chafe/isn't too tight. We do t-shirts and pull-overs/zip up light jackets. And comfy pants (I wear well broken-in jeans). Shorts of course if we're going to ride a bunch of water rides. Lots of ladies wear stretchy pants or even sweats. Be comfy, be happy
Depends on the park and the week. DHS is listed around 6 but MK and Epcot are listed at 7-9. The later the week, the higher it goes. That's why I won't go see MSEP if it means going on an EmH day. I hated it at 6. I can't imagine doing it at 9.

For me it's a comparison tradeoff. 6 may not be horrible compared to summer, but what are the alternatives in Dec? A 3 for DHS and a 1 for MK/Epcot is much, much better.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #3414
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are staying at the Travelodge in Winter Park.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #3415
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Wow!! That seems really close!! My first number is still a 6!! 64 days.
I bet you are either at POP or AKL hahaha

Time is moving fast! December will be here before you know it!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #3416
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nope you just cancelled the Travel Lodge. You are now staying at either one of these motels in Orlando. (These are my pics)

or

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #3417
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

50 days!!!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #3418
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
You are staying at the Travelodge in Winter Park.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #3419
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Games are fun.

Hmmmmm.....

It could be POP so you have more shopping money

It could be CSR because it is a compromise money-wise between value & deluxe. And it would not cause tofubeast to update the roll call

It could be WL because you've been dreaming of this, and tempted by the others who have booked there

It could be AKL because it's a deluxe upgrade but less expensive than WL. And the decor & animals are a big plus

Hmmmmm.....

Ack, the pressure!
I vote AKL :-)

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #3420
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

Pretty sure it's not POP. You already said you had decided to stay at CSR. So you probably wouldn't have brought it up unless something changed.

I vote AKL!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: