Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #721
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

I have had a look at your hotel on Trip Advisor - it looks fantastic
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #722
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Wow just caught up on all your dramas! Holy moly, I would've freaked out big time! Glad you're enjoying your bonus few days even if it is at a cost. Delta does suck and their customer service is crap.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #723
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

a pic of the hotel

Becpee......just trying to photoshop myself into the picture..the hotel looks great......
still raining here.....sucky weather, dont rush home...
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #724
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post
Wow just caught up on all your dramas! Holy moly, I would've freaked out big time! Glad you're enjoying your bonus few days even if it is at a cost. Delta does suck and their customer service is crap.
ok, i have to confess that they sucked re my luggage mco-lax...grabbed our 4 bags and they were soaked..what the...did they fire hose them down for my convenience???
so @ 1am it took an hr to unpack then 1 hr to pack again after all my stuff dried...lesson learnt..put everything in plastic bags....and dont fall in love with a super conglomerate airline

delta I do really love you, but sometimes you suck big time

Delta....loving you is sometimes like being poked to death by kindy kids
Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #725
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
It is extremely sad to see so many people living homeless in the USA and how many empty houses there are they could be housed in you would think by now there would be some sort of worldwide solution.
OT - I'm going to have to play Devil's Advocate here - It's not as simple as saying "There's an empty house, there's a homeless person. Why can't they live there?" I'm a property manager and I've got a couple of empty houses and there are some homeless people in this town. A lot of the time (definitely not all of the time, I'm generalising) there is a reason why they are homeless, and some of the times that reason is because they have trashed houses before, and owe thousands of dollars. There's no way that they're going to get another house while they still owe this amount.

Generally there's a pretty big lack of public housing, again due to the few that do, trashing the place, and then needing months worth of repairs before they're liveable again.

There are also many other reasons why homelessness exists, it's not a good thing, but it's never going to go away.

Sorry for hi-jacking...
Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #726
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

ok, i have to confess that they sucked re my luggage mco-lax...grabbed our 4 bags and they were soaked..what the...did they fire hose them down for my convenience???
so @ 1am it took an hr to unpack then 1 hr to pack again after all my stuff dried...lesson learnt..put everything in plastic bags....and dont fall in love with a super conglomerate airline

delta I do really love you, but sometimes you suck big time

Delta....loving you is sometimes like being poked to death by kindy kids
DS (4 at the time) puked on a flight, MCO-LAX at about midnight after our flight was delayed over 2 hours. Flight attendant handed my mum a plastic bag and some paper towel. Thanks..... Some water to get rid of the spew taste out of his mouth would've been nice as would've an "are you alright?". Steve said never again but next trip he said we'll try again so we get the international luggage allowance on all legs.

Nothing wrong with Kindy kids!! Ask me again in a this time next week during DS's 6th birthday party with all 20 wild beasts from his class!!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #727
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett

OT - I'm going to have to play Devil's Advocate here - It's not as simple as saying "There's an empty house, there's a homeless person. Why can't they live there?" I'm a property manager and I've got a couple of empty houses and there are some homeless people in this town. A lot of the time (definitely not all of the time, I'm generalising) there is a reason why they are homeless, and some of the times that reason is because they have trashed houses before, and owe thousands of dollars. There's no way that they're going to get another house while they still owe this amount.

Generally there's a pretty big lack of public housing, again due to the few that do, trashing the place, and then needing months worth of repairs before they're liveable again.

There are also many other reasons why homelessness exists, it's not a good thing, but it's never going to go away.

Sorry for hi-jacking...
You're in Tamworth aren't you? I know what you mean about people trashing places. We do work up there for Housing NSW.... Security but I know what you mean about the damage that can occur.

I think in a perfect world you'd have enough housing for the population and it would be affordable for everyone, sadly we don't live in a perfect world.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:46 AM   #728
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post
DS (4 at the time) puked on a flight, MCO-LAX at about midnight after our flight was delayed over 2 hours. Flight attendant handed my mum a plastic bag and some paper towel. Thanks..... Some water to get rid of the spew taste out of his mouth would've been nice as would've an "are you alright?". Steve said never again but next trip he said we'll try again so we get the international luggage allowance on all legs.

Nothing wrong with Kindy kids!! Ask me again in a this time next week during DS's 6th birthday party with all 20 wild beasts from his class!!
..they(kindy kids not your mother) may not be deadly but the emotional scars last a lifetime
eeeewwwwww...spew mouth..now that's a pleasant Friday afternoon topic.....oh delta, why do you toy with my emotions the way you do....I do believe I will now call this a disfunctional relationship
Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #729
becpee
I see sock puppets

Some of the homelessness is heartbreaking.
There was a guy sitting outside Disneyland, saw him there twice, he had a little trolley, was sitting on a small camp stool with a sign that said something along the lines of some men gave everything and have been left with nothing.
He was just sitting there quietly, and the only way I could describe him would be to say his spirit was broken. I would have loved to slip him a $50
I found that very confronting.
Also a guy asleep on the street covered with a blanket and his bag, and police just driving straight past him, in Australia he would have been moved along but maybe it's just so normal that nobody takes any notice?
Also the people that you know have intellectual problems, who need help yet they're having to fend for themselves, they're sitting ducks.

These are the sort of things that make me think how lucky we are, sure we work for our money, we work hard, but we don't have a tough life, we just sail through, not everybody has that luxury...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #730
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post

Sorry for hi-jacking...
I understand that Bec but there are a lot of families homeless in the USA at the moment due to the job/financial situation over there and they do not have the government entitlements like we do thats what i was referring to, People have to walk away form paid for houses over there because they cant afford to pay there yearly property taxes (our rates) Also they have a huge amount of people with mental illness homeless because they closed down there institutions years ago they have no means of income and no where to live.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #731
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Enjoy! You deserve it.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #732
becpee
I see sock puppets

3 nights to go, I'm not counting down, I don't want to go home at all.
DH is talking of coming back here, it is a really lovely place.
We're already talking the next trip

We also found a little takeaway place called Chipotle Mexican Grill, so cheap and so tasty!
It's like Subway but Mexican! If you see one don't hesitate to try it

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #733
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
3 nights to go, I'm not counting down, I don't want to go home at all.
DH is talking of coming back here, it is a really lovely place.
We're already talking the next trip

We also found a little takeaway place called Chipotle Mexican Grill, so cheap and so tasty!
It's like Subway but Mexican! If you see one don't hesitate to try it
That is so amazing that you are already talking about your next trip. In some way this unfortunate delay has turned into a kind of mini holiday and nice blessing.

That Mexican grill sounds delish. I love mexican. I think there is only 1 mexican restaurant here in Canberra, can you believe that?

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #734
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
That is so amazing that you are already talking about your next trip. In some way this unfortunate delay has turned into a kind of mini holiday and nice blessing.

That Mexican grill sounds delish. I love mexican. I think there is only 1 mexican restaurant here in Canberra, can you believe that?
Off topic but if your in the Canberra area did you experience any of the crazy snow yesterday Ms Shuttergirl?? My cousins are in Jerrabomberra but they didn't get any lol
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #735
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam

Off topic but if your in the Canberra area did you experience any of the crazy snow yesterday Ms Shuttergirl?? My cousins are in Jerrabomberra but they didn't get any lol
How weird is this weather..freezing yesterday, great today...can't keep up...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: