Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #16
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
I'm following! I had that t-shirt with Mickey, with the red sleaves!! Very cool. Love your pics!
Can't wait for more!
Thanks!! I has that shirt for a long time. Wish I still did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
That picture with your DD wearing her first pair of ears is soooo cute. What an adorable smile she has. My DD is about to start Kindergarten this too. ((which I can't believe)) and is also a tomboy/girlie girl. ((I LOVE it))

Love all of your old Disney Pictures, they're great!
Thank you! I love taking pictues of the kids. Just need to remember to be infront of the camera some times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
This is going to be so exciting when going so much more informed!
It was a lot more enjoyable and not so rushed thats for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Wonderful pictures!

Wow... your 8th grade trip sounds like it was quite the adventure. That's crazy that there wasn't more adult supervision.

Looking forward to more.
Thanks!
Disneyland trips: New Years Eve 2006, March 2009, Spring Break 2010, Oct. 2011, Thanksgiving week 2012, Spring Break 2013, Summer weekend with grandparents 2013, July 2013 Halloween 2013, 40th Birthday weekend May 2014, 4th of July 2014

PixiDustDears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #17
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

I started planning our next trip sometime in the summer of 2008. I was online reading the Dis and chatting with my mother at the same time. She asked me why I kept getting distracted and I told her what I was doing. She told me she wished she could go with us as she had never been do Disneyland before. After sharing with her how I book our trips (I used the Disney web site so that I can make payments over time) she was interested. After talking with my step father, she was determined!

And so it was arranged that my mom and step father drove from Arkansas to Disneyland for the first time. As a last minute addition they brought my nephew Dakota. We were staying at the Quality Inn across from HOJO. My mom arrived the day before we did as they were taking a bit of a road trip. They visited with my step fathers family for the day. We arrived at what we thought was the hotel at about 7 pm the next night. Nope! Wrong hotel! finely found it and had a wonderful reunion! It had been about 3 years since I had seen my mom. The kids had a great time getting to know each other. We walked to Downtown Disney just to look around. It was nice to finely be in Disney again!

Now before I get to far into the trip and the photos, I have to jump ahead to a specific picture. Just so you can get the kids sorted out. On the left is Sophie. She's just about 3 in this picture. On the right is Brenden. He's 4 1/2. In the middle is my nephew. Based on the other two how old would you think he is? He is just a few months younger than my son, so 4!!

Now yes he is a little on the shorter side, but my son is REALLY tall! At just 6 now he is 4 1/2 feet tall!

Ok, so on to the first day. Since it was my mother's first trip she was very excited. But I think the kids were even more excited! We decided to wait for the bus instead of walk. It was a good thing because while we were waiting it started to sprinkle just a little. Dh ran back to the hotel and grabbed the jackets. I would have hated to have walked all the way there and had to wait for him to walk back again.

Once inside the parks my mom had to take the traditional picture in front of the flowers.

We hadn't even gotten onto Main St. (or to city hall to get all of our buttons: Family reunion, dd's birthday, dh and I's anniversary, mom's first time, and mom and Grant's Just Married! Boy were we celebrating a lot!!) when we ran into some characters just waiting for attention.

After City Hall and weighted down with buttons, we were off to Adventure Land. The Jungle Cruise is a great way to ease ds into rides because it's outdoors, slow, and not to loud. (Except the gun shot.) However with the slight rain running off the canvas I was starting to feel like I was on the Grizzly River Run!

You can see the rain drops in this picture.

We walked around some, had a snack, Dh took the kids into Tarzan's tree house. We wondered our way over to Critter Country and found a line for Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore. Eeyore is one of my favorite characters and this was the first time I had a chance to have a picture with him. As you can see the rain was coming down harder.

Eeyore really liked my backpack!

I believe next we rode the Pooh ride. We started talking about heading back to the hotel to take a nap and dry out a little. It was starting to come down harder. However I had one mission. I wanted to get my mom on Splash Mountain. I told her we were already wet so why not. She grumbled at me all through the line. She almost chickened out when it was time to climb into the boat. She hit me when we reached the first little dip. And boy did she yell when we got to the big one!! I don't have a picture of it but this icon pretty much sums it up: It's amazing I walked away with my life since she was holding me so hard.

So we were off to the hotel for a nap. When woke up everything was still soaked so into the dryer it went (coats, shoes, etc). Just as we were starting to think about heading back to the park we ended up in a downpour!! So we decided it may be time to just pack it in for the day. Mom and Grant took dn and headed to Walmart to stock up on supplies for the rest of the week. They also picked up some ponchos which I am happy to report we did not need at all the rest of the week! Whew!

Now I'm mostly going off of pictures to try and remember the rest of the week. I think the next day was our Magic Morning. We started off with pictures in front of the partners statue.

I took this for mom and thought it turned out pretty good.

Mom on the other hand took this picture. I guess she wasn't thinking about Walt needing a head.

Here are some more pictures from Fantasy Land that morning.

We stopped into the Mad Hatter so mom could get dn his first pair of ears. And then it was nap time. I don't seem to have any pictures of the day after the nap. Or even that many pictures at night really. I do get better about that in the next trip at least.

Up Next: A silly sleepover and Toon Town Morning Madness!
Disneyland trips: New Years Eve 2006, March 2009, Spring Break 2010, Oct. 2011, Thanksgiving week 2012, Spring Break 2013, Summer weekend with grandparents 2013, July 2013 Halloween 2013, 40th Birthday weekend May 2014, 4th of July 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #18
smarsha4455
Earning My Ears

I am along for the ride! I loved the old pics. Have a bunch (some much older) from my many trips as a kid.

Many,many Disneyland trips as a kid.
June 1986 - Girls Grad trip to Disneyland
1994 - Breannes 1st trip to Disneyland
1996 -WDW - All Star Music resort
1998 -Dec 28-29 Disneyland for my Birthday
Sept 2000 - Honeymoon at Disneyland
2005 - Road trip to Disneyland
Sept 13-21 2009 POP - My dream vacation became a nightmare!
smarsha4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #19
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarsha4455 View Post
I am along for the ride! I loved the old pics. Have a bunch (some much older) from my many trips as a kid.
Thanks for reading!!

I know I took quite a break. I have to admit I'm not a very big writer. And I'm also having a hard time remembering our 2009 trip.

In other news though only 72 days til our Trick or Treat Party!!!

I have the tickets in front of me and am just dreaming of all the halloween goodness.

Last edited by PixiDustDears; 08-04-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

One night my nephew decided he wanted to spend the night with us after the park. My mom was looking forward to a little quiet (she wasn't used to a little one 24/7) so I figured why not. We were staying at Quality Inn across from HOJO. You can see a little bit of the room in the pictures.

Lets get silly!

They were having so much fun we had to put one of them in a sleeping bag on the floor. Otherwise no one was going to get any sleep.

The other two were out like a light.

Our Toon Town Morning Madness was a lot of fun. We hadn't gotten to experience it the trip before. Toon Town is a perfect place for little kids. Lots of over sized things that they can play with/on.

The Welcome

The kids joined me in jail.

My strong man

Roger Rabbit Fountain

Goofy (Ds was very excited and kept running back and forth)

Minnie's house: Lets have a tea party!!

Ds has a thing for brooms.

The Mouse himself!!

I have decided to take these pictures at every trip. It's interesting to see how the kids have changed.

Our final stop in Toon Town was Donald's boat.
Full Speed Ahead!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #21
Crazy4Disney72
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying your TR and especially the pictures! Your DD certainly looks like her mama!

18 trips to WDW, 7 trips to DL
Crazy4Disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #22
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

I think I started this long multi trip report in preparation of our 2011 Halloween trip. Well now I'm continuing it in preparation of our 2012 Thanksgiving trip! Since we are going back in time to 2009, my information is mostly based on pictures. And I think those are out of order but I'll do my best.

We left off in Toontown. Now I had a little princess that just wanted to meet the big princesses. Bren wasn't interested so he and daddy went off to ride the cars. Mom and I waited in line with Sophie and Dakota.

I have to admit that when Sophie met her first princess, Sleeping Beauty (who was her fave at the time), I teared up a little. She was in awe!

Then there was Belle

and Jasmine

After a mid day nap and a little cousin lovin on the train

We made our way to pirates island where I was put in pirate jail.

And we found some pirate booty

DCA in next post...

Old 10-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Next we hopped over to DCA for a visit with Bren's favorite characters, Lightning and Mater.

Then we hung out with Wall-E

And made a few phone calls

Our trip was winding down and we were getting in all of our last minuet visiting and huggin.

The next day we really only had enough time for our one group shot before my mom, step father and cousin had to leave. I later realized this was our only picture that my mom and I took together this whole time.

Well that's it for 2009. Time to start working on 2010. Will I ever catch up??

Old 10-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #24
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

2010!

And so 2010 begins. Sophia was a bit nervous about our drive this year. She had gotten sick going over the grapevine last year. A little Dramamine and she was set. We left early this trip because I really wanted to stop in Hollywood. I had been as a child (I think) but didn't remember anything. I also wanted to go to the Disney Soda Fountain. After finding our way and parking at the H&H, we made our way up to the street.

My Rhett Butler

The closest I'll ever get to holding Johnny Depp's hand

Sophie was on a mission. She had just discovered the Wizard of Oz and was obsessed with Dorthy.

Next up was the Hollywood sign (not the best shots)

And finally the Disney Soda Fountain. Jeff and I each got an ice cream and shared with the kids. I remember mine came with a pin.

We finally made our way to the hotel, Holiday Inn (which I didn't get any pictures off), and took a rest. We spent the evening exploring DTD.

Next: Letters by night and letters by (our first) day

Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #25
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

I feel like I'm talking to myself...
But I know these are old trip pics and info. But I just had to say...

We paid of the last bit on our trip!!!

Only 38 days to go!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #26
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Alphabet fun

After a rest in our hotel we decided to explore DTD. First stop though was to the California letters. It was pretty empty and the kids enjoyed climbing on them.

Then it was time for a stop into the Lego Store.

Finally it was time to head back to the hotel for bed. We had a long day ahead of us.
We started out the morning back at the letters. I wanted some pictures of the kids that I could actually see. It's sad knowing these are no longer there...but happy that I live right around the corner from their new home!

Our first stop inside was for the Matterhorn. Sophie was finely tall enough to ride it. She said she wanted to be brave. Bren was excited to. This is how they looked before the ride:

This is how they looked after:
We have yet to ride the Matterhorn since. They say they are ready to be brave again... we'll see.

They weren't sure they wanted to ride anything else. This was not good. Not good at all. Only a little bit into our trip and Bren was asking to go back to the hotel?? Time to bribe them with something fun, outside, and that couldn't be scary to them at all. (Although it can turn me green.)

That was followed by another ride that we knew they would love.

Ok, back on track. Happy kids. As long as we don't walk toward the Matterhorn. lol We decided to split up and let them each do something they were really looking forward to. For Bren thats cars (autopia). Sophie had a date with some fairies.

Up Next: Poor Tink

Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #27
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

We left off standing in line to meet Tinker Bell. I remember thinking that the line wasn't to bad. Especially since people weren't standing under the jumping water fountain. They would just kind of run through whenever there was room up ahead.

Up first was Fawn. Sophie didn't really know who she was but she was a fairy so she was important. She showed off her Tink t-shirt.

Next was Tink. After showing off her shirt again she posed for a picture. I wonder if she even noticed how the picture would come out. I hope not. I hope she was just happy to have a cute little girl who loved her. I on the other hand have good pictures to show off when Sophie is a teenager.

It seemed like Jeff and Bren were taking longer at Autopia then had planned so Sophie decided she wanted a little photo shoot. As I'm sure you've noticed, Sophie is not the least bit camera shy. I bet I have 3 pictures to every one of her brother. Pictures of him end up being the back of his head. Here she is practicing her modeling.

Once we were rejoined by the boys we decided it was time for a family favorite. Jungle Boats!!

Up Next: I'm Wishing...for an afternoon at DCA

Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

After our trip through the jungle it was about time for a nap. We decided to make one last stop and make a few wishes. I love this little spot. It's almost always empty and seems to be overlooked.

Discussing what to wish for.

We spent the afternoon/evening in DCA. This would become our normal over the next few days without even realizing it. Mornings in DL and evenings in DCA. It wasn't until I got home and looked at the pictures that I realized I didn't have any DL pictures at night.

As we start walking through the park, Bren sees where he wants to stop first. (He can't wait to get to Carsland!!)

We grabbed a bite to eat and Jeff had to head back and get some jackets. It was cooling off. We spent some time in a bugs land.

And grabbed another snack. (YUM!!)

We got a spot to watch our very last Electrical Parade. I was so excited to share this with my kids. It had always been my favorite. I really miss it. (And of course I didn't take any pictures. )
After the parade it was time for one last ride. 'The Big Wheel' as the kids call it. They always start off a little scared.

But end up loving it.

A few more pictures and our night was over.

Up next: Day 2 Toon Town!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #29
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

Thanksgiving Trip Update!

Just scheduled the kid's character call (for Friday before we leave) with Lightning and Mater.

Ordered our pre-paid photopass +.

Only 27 days to go!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #30
PixiDustDears
Mouseketeer

We started our day two in toon town. Time for some Toon Town Morning Madness!!

Sophie was wearing her Minnie Mouse dress today because she knew who we would be seeing. First of course we had to go through the mouse houses.

Minnie's

And Mickey's

Another picture in the tire to compare to the year before.

More Toon Town Fun

More in next post...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: