Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #2056
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
One of these days I'm going to have to try one of these manhattan thingermabobs I keep hearing about.

2 parts bourbon or whiskey,1 part sweet vermouth. nebo (and mydad) like a dash of cherry juice

What’s all this about violence on the Disboards? It’s completely unacceptable! This is a place where kids can come and feel safe! It’s terrible that….

What?

Oh, violins. Fiddles. Second fiddle.

Nevermind.

:

can't remember the name of the character. Gilda Radner on SNL!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post

nobody likes me,
everybody hates me,
i guess i m gonna eat some worms…
short fat slimey ones,
long thin curly ones,
see how they wiggle and squirm

Gee, Nebo, a bit touchy these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Holy Cow, Mr. Crankypants!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #2057
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
And I only say that because you're still alive, well, and reasonably un-brain damaged.
Still alive.... check.
Well.... check.
reasonably un-brain damaged... umm... uh....
Still alive... check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Am I keeping you from Survivor too? Or Dancing with the Scars?
Don't be silly. I already watched it.

Quote:
Hmm, let's see; the closest I've come to your neck of the woods is La Crosse, by car,
Well... That's about the halfway point to the halfway point.
And I've driven to your place several times. Least you could do is drive it once.

Quote:
Made it almost to Lake Pepin, if that means anything.
It didn't... but that's what Google's for.

Quote:
But back when I was truly a voracious reader as a kid, I could not get enough Hardy Boy books, and then to a lesser degree, Tom Swift.
Heck , when I didn't have those on hand, I would,,,,
shhh, ,,, even borrow my sister's Nancy Drew books.
We really are the same person. Yeah, read through the Hardy Boys like there's no tomorrow... then turn to my sister's Nancy Drew collection in desperation. Well would'ja look at that. Same stories. Felt that way, anyway.

Quote:
What I laugh at now remembering them, either Frank or Joe Hardy were getting knocked out from a blow to the back of the head at least every 3rd chapter, and then waking up two hours later tied up in a lighthouse or something. I figure that NOW, they would be leading their group in drooling at the nursing home's dementia group.
Hadn't thought of that, but you're right!

(treasure this moment)

Quote:
Just curious; Bardot is NEVER even mentioned anymore, so have you really heard of her? She was a sex kitten in the sixties, and then vanished.
I must admit... I've never seen "And God created woman"... but I've definitely heard of her.

Quote:
Whoa, really?
You new here?
Ok,, at the bus stops, ECVs and wheelchairs pull up to the left of the bus stop,
Ok stop. That's as far as you need to go. As soon as you said that, I remembered the rest.

Quote:
"You would hurl too if it happened to you." (Leslie Gore)

Ok, since you started it, even though you more than likely weren't even born yet, do you remember the sequel to that song? Yeah, I know,, Google ruins everything.
Had to Google it... then listened to it.... nope, don't think I've ever heard it.

Quote:
Can I grind my teeth again?
Sounds like someone needs an axe.

Quote:
You want to scare the adults? Instead of a walking, talking trash can,,,,,,,,,,,,

an ATM machine.
I guess having a proctologist with oversized Mickey hands would be inappropriate.

Quote:
Stifle yourself.
Sorry Archie.

Quote:
That happens to me when I meet people from the Dis at Disney, and they have told their spouses about me before we meet, and then when we meet, it's,,,,,
um, Hello? Hello? Where's everybody go?
Actually... I believe you. "Wait 'til you meet Nebo! Every time he opens his mouth it's going to be hysterical! OMG! Just wait! You won't be able to breathe you'll be laughing so hard!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Just wait!!!"

Pretty tough act to live up to.

Quote:
At least you didn't threaten to leave us to hang with the "spit their insides out" sea cucumbers!
To this day, still possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
sure, make me feel even more guilty than I already do!lol well, the way I look at it, it isn't going to make steve's day any better if I have a crappy time, right? right?
You're absolutely right. Believe it or not, I'm glad you had a good time in spite of Nebo's injury. It would be just too sad if neither one of you got to have fun with Jackson.

Quote:
2 parts bourbon or whiskey,1 part sweet vermouth. nebo (and mydad) like a dash of cherry juice
Do I absolutely have to have Nebo in my drink with, like, a dash of cherry juice?

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #2058
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:

Aaarrrgh! I know exactly what I want to say here... and I can't!

Ummm..... Say, "Who's cheese is" quickly and you'll see. Oh, nevermind, I'm not going to try and raise a dead joke.

Nebo, I would have quoted from your post, but the quote within a quote doesn't show up.

When I was in high school, on senior sneak day, a girl threw up a whole hot dog. Just sayin'!

I know it doesn't make up for the times when ECVs and family get ahead of everyone else, but we were first in line of anybody (ECV or not) at DTD, waited a long time for a bus, then they let the walkers on, told us there was no room for the ECV, and we had to wait for the next bus, which also took a long time to get there.
And don't judge the people in the ECVs unless you actually know their story. My kids and I are all able-bodied, but sometimes we drive the scooter because a) DH's tush hurts from sitting too long or b) he gets tired of people dashing in front of him because he leaves a space so he won't hit the person walking in front of him. Kind of like when you're in rush hour traffic, and you leave a car length or two in front of you so as to avoiding a rear end collusion, only to have some dodge in front of you.
I know I'm hyper sensitive about the whole ECV thing, but after our most recent WDW trip, DH has declared never again He says it's just too difficult and depressing using the ECV, and he can't get around Disney any other way.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #2059
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #2060
dgthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just curious; Bardot is NEVER even mentioned anymore, so have you really heard of her? She was a sex kitten in the sixties, and then vanished.
Way before my time (born at the end of the sixties), but yes, I've heard of Bardot. Not sure I'd recognize her, so I Googled.

Apparently there's a photo retrospective touring the States, and she was featured in Vanity Fair earlier this year. Here's a link. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...01203#slide=22

... goes back to lurking ...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #2061
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I was in high school, on senior sneak day, a girl threw up a whole hot dog. Just sayin'!
Well. She must have been quite the popular girl.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #2062
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I did put in a new chapter last night, right?

Was it that bad?
One post, and that was for Smidgy. Well, Harumph!
Don't be crawling to me when you want a new Disney fix, I'll be busy with my Good friends over at the Universal site.
Or the Mollusks and Crustaceans and You dicussion forums.
Sorry! Busy fighting with the school district, so I have been reading but nor commenting!

Glad to see you were feeling a bit better

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #2063
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Man to I have a lot of catching up to do!!!!!

Jay
Old 10-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #2064
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know it doesn't make up for the times when ECVs and family get ahead of everyone else, but we were first in line of anybody (ECV or not) at DTD, waited a long time for a bus, then they let the walkers on, told us there was no room for the ECV, and we had to wait for the next bus, which also took a long time to get there.
And don't judge the people in the ECVs unless you actually know their story. My kids and I are all able-bodied, but sometimes we drive the scooter because a) DH's tush hurts from sitting too long or b) he gets tired of people dashing in front of him because he leaves a space so he won't hit the person walking in front of him. Kind of like when you're in rush hour traffic, and you leave a car length or two in front of you so as to avoiding a rear end collusion, only to have some dodge in front of you.
I know I'm hyper sensitive about the whole ECV thing, but after our most recent WDW trip, DH has declared never again He says it's just too difficult and depressing using the ECV, and he can't get around Disney any other way.
I'm so sorry. My Dad through years of answering questions with questions made me see every possible side of things, so I usually stay pretty neutral and don't EVC bash. The example I used was just so stark and literally one day's difference.

Although I think I'd probably feel the same way as your DH, I really hope he reconsiders and you can enjoy WDW together again.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #2065
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I've been pretty busy and a little under the weather, but today I thought I'd get caught up on my favorite DIS threads while I ate my lunch.

Would adding a disclaimer have killed you?

I'm glad that you finally got to enjoy some park time with Jackson even if the lines were a little longer than you'd like. I can understand that some people just don't like musicals, but not liking Philharmagic is incomprehensible to me!!! It's the best show at WDW!

Hope you enjoyed your spin in ISaSW. I have the feeling that Todd didn't.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #2066
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
Well. She must have been quite the popular girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Would adding a disclaimer have killed you?
No... but the concrete almost did.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #2067
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Happy Friday, Mr CrankyPants! (love that one, Buzz )

Quote:
Know what? Throwing up sucks.

Agreed. As a teenager, I had a horrific post-op experience which led me to successfully avoid doing that for the following 16 years, by sheer FORCE OF WILL. Then one day my roommate-cousin came home, saw my pitiful condition, and said "Oh, no. Did you break your record?" Never made it quite that long again, but I'll be happy to keep trying for a new personal-best.

It was quarter to nine when we walked onto Main Street.

Boy, I understand your frustration. What a waste of EMH!!!

Yeah, what were the chances? First time in Fantasyland and Push is making the rounds. Jackson was just fascinated by ol Push.

Yay for Push!

Now, outside of the crappy Tough to be a Bug, this is the first real 3-D movie they've seen, it's also one of the best in the WORLD! As in planet!
And you know the results.

Kim looked like she liked it
Jackson was non committal
and Todd was kind of frowned,
once again, this attraction is mainly a musical.

Bah. Buncha humbugs.
I know they had a good time, but it's hard to not be able to share the REALLY good time y'all are used to. Injuries notwithstanding.

Oh yeah, wasn't that sequel song "Judy's Turn to Cry"?

margymas -- I had to resist ordering a Twoo Wuv tshirt last week.

smidgy -- Emily Litella, a classic!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
Old 10-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #2068
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
sure, make me feel even more guilty than I already do!lol well, the way I look at it, it isn't going to make steve's day any better if I have a crappy time, right? right?
Yes it would. If you loved me you'd have a crappy time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post

nobody likes me,
everybody hates me,
i guess i m gonna eat some worms…
short fat slimey ones,
long thin curly ones,
see how they wiggle and squirm

Gee, Nebo, a bit touchy these days?

Yes, it's therapeutic to be touchy now and then.

You know I wouldn't leave you for sure, right?. Right?
Well, my response to this update: He still didnt't go to a doctor? I may have to kill him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad Jackson enjoyed push though, I still have to see him (surprise!)

Remember me talking about hubby not really wanting to go to the new Fantasyland preview? Two days later he said he got a private tour at 5am from a collegue who works there

PS: I may never look at spaghetti the same way again (and I havent been too fond of it anyway ever since DS went on a vegetarian streak in his teens and we had tons of it. He is 33 now, and I still haven't overcome it)

Always macaroni and cheese.
Now's when you tell him that you always served it with a meat sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margymas View Post
Harumpf! I have been walking around in a snit for the last 24 hours, but apparently the classic "you are so in trouble Mister" snit that is usually aimed at the old ball and chain works better in person. Apparently a tad too visual to translate in this medium. No hospital! And a Manhattan! As Vencini would say, "inconceivable!". BTW - it was the anniversary of the Princess Bride last week.
..... but you, thinking that it is exactly what I would be thinking, would NOT put it in that glass, therefore, the poison is in th glass in front of me...."
I love that scene.
Oh, and I even quoted it once when I did a Boma review, when the guy next to me and I both spotted the last remaining shard of iceberg lettuce in the bowl, and both of us went after it with our forks. After I speared it first, I then told him that:

" I am not really left handed!"

Quote:
Holy Cow, Mr. Crankypants! It's been a busy couple of days, but really, like Marie said, do you really want to try to hang with mollusks and crustaceans? At least you didn't threaten to leave us to hang with the "spit their insides out" sea cucumbers!

no idea what you are talking about, and that's ok.

DH and I may head down with little buzz two days before my parents arrive. DS and DD may stay with them and help get them motivated to leave early and make minimal stops. I would love to be able to enjoy World Showcase in a leisurely manner so we'll see.

I missed you guys, but hopefully my schedule will be a little better for the next few days at least. Pretty soon, I'll be joining the "late, late night" or "early morning" Smidgy club! Don't you and Smidgy want to make a detour on your way back home from your Christmas season trip to enjoy the fun of the "blitzkrieg" newborn period?

Oh yeah, I have read "Waiting for Godot", "The Sun Also Rises", and "The Bell Jar". I read two of them in high school and one in college.

I'm looking at those titles again now, and two out of three comitted suicide. They didn'[t do trip reports too, did they? "Waiting for Goofy, The Liberty Bell Square, Dumbo also Rises."

Still Mr. Crankypant's Friend,

Buzz

Can I be Mr. GrumpyGills next week?

Quote:
Still alive.... check.
Well.... check.
reasonably un-brain damaged... umm... uh....
Still alive... check!

Perpetual checks result in a stalemate.

Don't be silly. I already watched it.

Are people really still watching that? And Amazing Race? Is Richard Hatch back in prison?

Well... That's about the halfway point to the halfway point.
And I've driven to your place several times. Least you could do is drive it once.

i can just see re-entering the states:
Well Mr. Nebo, I see you have 300, 000 Vicodin tablets with you now, any statement you'd like to make concerning them?"
"Bad toothache?"0

We really are the same person. Yeah, read through the Hardy Boys like there's no tomorrow... then turn to my sister's Nancy Drew collection in desperation. Well would'ja look at that. Same stories. Felt that way, anyway.

Oh yes, pretty much the same stories. Maybe Nancy didn't get hurt quite as much, but it/they, definately had a formula that was followed, unintentionally I'm sure, but after a while there's really not much choice.
Doc Savage books were like that also.
Even now, dare I say, I'm sure James Patterson and Dean Koontz have ghost writers (in the sky) helping them flesh the books out.

SICK of Alex Cross!

Hadn't thought of that, but you're right!

(treasure this moment)

UM UM, WHAT WAS IT? I FORGOT! REALLY, WHAT WAS IT AGAIN? Oh CRAP.
Oh, the head inuury thing. Phew!

I must admit... I've never seen "And God created woman"... but I've definitely heard of her.

Well, I've not seen it either. Actually, can't think of a THING that she was in, except fighting for animal rights, I think.

I guess having a proctologist with oversized Mickey hands would be inappropriate.

Ok, please turn your head and scream.

Sorry Archie.

Actually... I believe you. "Wait 'til you meet Nebo! Every time he opens his mouth it's going to be hysterical! OMG! Just wait! You won't be able to breathe you'll be laughing so hard!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Just wait!!!"

Pretty tough act to live up to.

I really am totally different in person. It SO depends on my mood, but without a keyboard in front of me, I'm really pretty shy.
No, Ii'm not kidding, I'm serious.
Sometimes.

To this day, still possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten.

Hmm, everybody knows about the sea cucumber 'cept me.

You're absolutely right. Believe it or not, I'm glad you had a good time in spite of Nebo's injury. It would be just too sad if neither one of you got to have fun with Jackson.

One thing I can NEVER do is keep up with what and all she wants to do at a waterpark, I'm more of a
"Why do I want to walk ALL the way up there only to end right back up where I started from?"

Do I absolutely have to have Nebo in my drink with, like, a dash of cherry juice?
After 5 minutes I gave up, can't think of a single thing funny to post here from that. You win the last shot this time.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #2069
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:

Nebo, I would have quoted from your post, but the quote within a quote doesn't show up.

Geesh, I'm still not getting the "say the cheese thing out loud, I must be losing it.

Danielle, you might have missed a post or two of mine, but this is why I was reluctant to voice my views on the subject at all.
However;

I know you remember that I was the one who just asked you personally if you minded telling me what it was that was your husband's handicap, because I was, and always will be concerned and always trying to be appreciative , maybe even helpfull in trying to make their trips better for them.

I have been handicapped my entire life, and back then we couldn't afford to get me the special help I should have gotten. It's because of this that I have become more sensitive then the normal person when it comes to Disney and disablilities, and NOTHING angers me more than to see people abuse what Disney has set up so far for handicapped individuals!
And yes, after all the trips I've taken there, I CAN recognize when people are laughing in the face of all the other guests because they have discovered a loophole allowing them to scam the system.

Believe me, after being there long enough, you can tell when somebody needs an ECV or wheelchair, and when a group of jerks pitched in to pay for one and now use it as their personal, last minute bus reservation system.

I once got bowled over along with another 100 people in line by a group of teenagers, who kept saying as they charged for the boarding area, "He's Autistic and can't wait in line." It was a scam, and we all knew it, but it was also Six Flags, and I don't think anything was done about it.

I just talked aboug how having a wheelchair is not all a bed of roses, saying It took us twice as llong just to board Spaceship Earth.

Guess I'm just saying I don't like to be scammed, and when a "family gathering" used the one person in the ECV as their bus reservation alltime/anytime ticket system, and ten people climbed aboard, well no, that's not how the system is supposed to work, and if you read that again, you'll see that THAT was what I was complaining about.

Having a legitimate use for an ECV all these trips I would think would make you as angry as anybody who abuses the system.

I'm also not happy for your husband, (and you), about one of the last things you said, where he said, "That's it, no more, not worth it."

I'm assuming he meant no more Disney for him.

At the end of the "Oil's well that ends will" part of that two part trip, I had said the same thing to Smidgy, and I put it in type here too. I had been creamed by the double stroller at night, and it got to where it just wasnt' worth it anymore.
I need the nighttime to see the inside dark rides, but even that's not working like it used to anymore now that the macular degeneration has really set in, and I even told Diane I just don't want to torment myself anymore. It's not just not seeing the rides, but outside in the parks at night I am completely blind now.

But that was the weird July trip, and I talked myself into thinking that ok, if we can stick back to the real off season times, I won't feel so helpless at night, maybe that practice can work for you and your hubby as well?

Really, a little Disney is better than no Disney, if you do it right, Right?

Anyway, don't be mad at me Danielle, I'm the last person in the world that would belittle handicapped people.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #2070
luvmyboys
WoW Widow
Us non-confrontational people aren't very skilled at laying down the law!
I shed worse than an English sheepdog!
I got one leg stuck in the holey knee

Inconceivable!

Since way back when you wrote "If it's Tuesday..." I've been a fan. As I've read your trippies I've laughed, chuckled, snorted various beverages through my nose, craved vitamin C laced cocktails, and even have cried. Today, you've reached me in a whole new, um, place.

Guess what I was cooking, and guess what I'm NOT eating tonight? (And yes, I remembered the garlic bread.)

Coming soon to QVC--- The Nebo Diet: How to read your way to weight loss!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: