Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #91
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I had booked us on the 6:30 bus to Magic Kingdom so we were up and going at 5:30. We were down in the Atrium by 6:15. We had a little bit of a wait but before we knew it we were through customs and on the first bus of the day to Magic Kingdom. As we were getting closer to Orlando it began to pour. It did let up a bit as we pulled up to MK.

Matt sometimes gets a little car sick and right after we got off of the bus he puked all over the sidewalk - oh no. He said he felt ok and that he just thought it was from the bus. Sorry to anyone reading that was also on that bus Today was an EMH morning at MK and we arrived at 7:45 right before opening. After we got through the gates we took a bathroom break to clean Matt up a bit. He was feeling much better so we continued on.

Our last trip to the parks had been in February 2010 and Shawn was not quite 44 inches then so our main ride that we had to accomplish at MK was Space Mountain. Matt was bummed that we were no longer going to be able to the child swap option and that he would not get to ride all the cool stuff 2 times. I was very excited that we were all going to be able to go on everything.

We headed over to Future Land and got a Fastpass for SM. Our first ride of the day ended up being Buzz. We love Buzz. Next we headed over to Pooh - another one of our favorites. We had not seen the new queue yet so it was nice to see it.

We then hit Peter Pan, Small World and Haunted Mansion. We then grabbed FP's for Big Thunder Mtn and took the train back around to go on SM. Shawn loved it. We stopped at the DVC kiosk and picked up our fastpasses that we got for joining and then rode the TTA.

We headed over to Adventure Land and did Pirates and used our BTM fastpasses. By this time it was close to noon so we decided to head out -

Next stop: Animal Kingdom.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #92
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

We took the Monorail to the TTC and then hopped on the bus to AK. We only had plans to do two rides at AK - Dinosaur and Expedition Everest. Shawn had been waiting to ride EE for a long time and once again it was nice that we were able to go on as a family finally.

We got to AK in no time and headed to Dinosaur and grabbed FP's. We then headed over to EE and used our DVC instant FP's and were on the ride in no time. Shawn loved it.

We then headed back to Dinosaur as it was almost time for our FP's. On our last trip, Shawn had rode Dinosaur but Matt chickened out so this would be a new ride for him. Everyone enjoyed it.

By this time it was a little after 2:00 and we had an ADR at Via Napoli for 4:30 so we headed out of AK and onto Epcot.

The rain had been holding off pretty good - a little sprinkling here and there but it really started coming down after we got to Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth and Figment and then made our way around the countries to Italy. We had never eaten at Via Napoli before and we really enjoyed it.

The pizza was very good and compared to John's Pizzeria in NYC. We decided that we liked the traditional pepperoni better at Via Napoli, but John's Margherita pizza was better.

We headed back out into the rain and our next stop was the Caramel Shop in Germany - very good. The rain was really coming down now and the radar did not look good.

We went into Mexico to get out of the rain and rode the ride. I love this ride and the Pavilion.

We really wanted to ride Soarin when we were here but all of the fastpasses were gone before we got to Epcot and we could not use our instant ones either. We went over to Mission Space and rode the tame side.

It was close to 7:00 and we were all tired and by the radar it did not look like the rain was going to stop so we decided to skip going back to MK for Wishes and headed to the bus area. There was a almost full bus when we reached the parking lot so we did not have long to wait before we were back on our way to the ship.

Our bus driver was a maniac though and I felt like I was not going to make it back in one piece.

After we got back to the wonderful Magic we stopped in the room to change shoes (they were all soaking) and went down to Parrot Cay for a little bit to eat. I don't remember being hungry - but when you are on a cruise ship you seem to eat a little more .

Shawn went to the Lab for a bit but we were all back in the room and out by 10:30 - it had been a long day.

I talked with some friends on the ship the next day and the rain did let up and the rides at MK were basically walk-on's. I wish we had toughened it out - but all in all we had a great day and hit 3 parks. Not too bad.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #93
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Thanks for describing your day at WDW- I really wondered how they were working that- especially because I am hoping we will be able to take this cruise in 2014. Fingers are crossed for the Magic coming back to NYC...

So what were the instant passes?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #94
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Ellen - we received 6 fast pass cards that were each good for 3 instant fast passes (the return time being immediate). We got these from DVC for becoming members on the cruise.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #95
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I finally caught up! It's so fun reading about the cruise from someone else's perspective.

We toughed it out ALL day at WDW, it was just pouring at times, we were soaked!!!!

I PMed you on Facebook about something I saw here...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #96
jgura
Discruiser

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post

After we entered that beautiful atrium and heard our name, I headed to guest services to get our name put on the wait list for a cabana. We had a cabana on our last cruise and loved it. The plan was to share one this year with Brook and her family. They were all reserved by 90 days out and I checked every day but was not able to get one. I got our name on the list but never did get one. We had a great time on CC without the cabana though.

After guest services we were off to Parrot Cay for our first meal!

After a great lunch we decided to go check out the Edge. This was Matt's first time in the Tween club so we wanted to see what it was all about. The Edge is pretty neat with video games, chairs and couches to hang out and the ship simulator. We hung out there for a bit and then up to deck 5 to see the Lab. Shawn hung out in the Lab on the last cruise and loved it so I knew he would have a great time.

It still was not time to head to our stateroom so we went up to deck 10 to check out the skyline.

I love this building. Does anyone know what it is? I'm assuming it's apartments.

Around 1:30 we went to check out our stateroom 6042. I loved the location of this room. In between the mid and forward stairs. It was easy to get everywhere.

Once we got to our room, I noticed that our character breakfast was scheduled for the next day (Sunday). We had Palo brunch scheduled for this day so I went down to Rockin Bar D and changed brunch to Monday. We wanted to have brunch early on in the week before we got too full .

I also booked a spa treatment 20-20-20 for Sunday morning.

By the time I got back to the room our luggage had arrived so I got that all put away in time to head to our DISmeet.

Steve enjoying his first beer of the cruise

Darlene and Jill

It was great to talk to everyone. I am bummed that I didn't get my picture taken with any of the ladies.

Up next: Sailaway!
Just came across this and there I am! Looks like I woke up early too! Great New York pictures! Next time you go to Nassau get a day pass to the Sheraton. Quiet beach day. They have some floating water slides out in the beach. Bring some food though, there's is pricey. I have always wanted to para-sail on the cruise too. Do you think the combo of it all made you wheezy? I am sensitive to the land/ship transition. Jill

Last edited by jgura; 10-16-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: add more
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #97
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I finally caught up! It's so fun reading about the cruise from someone else's perspective.

We toughed it out ALL day at WDW, it was just pouring at times, we were soaked!!!!

I PMed you on Facebook about something I saw here...
Thanks! I hope you are having a great time at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgura View Post
Just came across this and there I am! Looks like I woke up early too! Great New York pictures! Next time you go to Nassau get a day pass to the Sheraton. Quiet beach day. They have some floating water slides out in the beach. Bring some food though, there's is pricey. I have always wanted to para-sail on the cruise too. Do you think the combo of it all made you wheezy? I am sensitive to the land/ship transition. Jill
Hi Jill! I think if we do ever go back to Nassau I will just stay on the ship or do the beach pass. The para-sailing was great. I think it might have been being up in the air and then back on to the rocking boat. The feeling passed after I got back on the ship and rested for a few minutes.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #98
Crecia27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRowSeat View Post

After my left turn we waiting again a couple of lights to turn back into the port. This time we made the lovely right turn at the top of the ramp towards parking. I was prepared for the bill but still choked a little on the $280 parking charge.

Holy heck, I'll never complain about $50 at Port of Galveston again!

I'm enjoying the he said / she said. I wonder if I can talk my husband into doing one!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #99
TopRowSeat
Married to a DIS Veteran

Quote:

We took the Monorail to the TTC and then hopped on the bus to AK....
Not a whole lot to add here. We had one kid that had never been on Everest and one that had never been on Dinosaur. Both of those very important problems have now been resolved.

A burst of adrenaline from each dude and our quick cruise through AK was a success.

Quote:

By this time it was a little after 2:00 and we had an ADR at Via Napoli for 4:30 so we headed out of AK and onto Epcot.
Ahh.. Spaceship Earth! I like Soarin'. I like Test Track. But Spaceship Earth has to be my favorite attraction at EPCOT (unless I have to count Le Cellier).

Still upset that the paperboy is turned around and facing the wall. Nobody puts paperboy in a corner!

Quote:

The pizza was very good and compared to John's Pizzeria in NYC. We decided that we liked the traditional pepperoni better at Via Napoli, but John's Margherita pizza was better.
By this point I was long overdue for a beer. Solved that... twice.. at least...

Quote:

We really wanted to ride Soarin when we were here but all of the fastpasses were gone before we got to Epcot and we could not use our instant ones either.
Ok, this may have been a bit naive. I know it's Sparky's favorite ride but by the time we got over there to check the FP machine we were pretty sure it was a longshot. Overheard one woman say that she got her FP at 10:30am and her return time was 6:00pm.

The higher crowd level was a shock for us. We have been spoiled by our February and October crowds. Now that the boys are older those plans will have to wait another ten years. Then it's back for Food and Wine!

Quote:

It was close to 7:00 and we were all tired and by the radar it did not look like the rain was going to stop so we decided to skip going back to MK for Wishes and headed to the bus area.
If the weather had been nice we would have gone the full day but everyone was wet and running out of gas. The idea of dry clothes and some cruise-style pampering sounded much better than slogging through the rain some more.

Quote:

Our bus driver was a maniac though and I felt like I was not going to make it back in one piece.
Holy Cow.. this lady was insane. I sat in the very front seat with Matt. Since he hurled after the first bus trip I thought a front seat might help him not get sick again. I'd have rather been in the back where I couldn't witness this maniac.

She was tailgating, high-beaming and blowing her horn at people who wouldn't get out of her way. This came to a sudden halt when finally somebody got sick of her and brake-checked her.

She planted the brakes and scared the crap out of everyone on the bus who could see what was going on. After an uproar from the passengers she backed off and drove like a human for the last 20 minutes or so of the trip.

Quote:

I don't remember being hungry - but when you are on a cruise ship you seem to eat a little more .
Definitely an understatement here... a little more? I just about exploded and here we are months later and I'm still not back to my pre-cruise weight.

Although it's tough to blame the cruise entirely for this gluttonous summer. The cruise was just the start of a fun season of traveling. Now that Great American Beer Fest is behind me it's time to be good again.. although there's my birthday coming up.. and Thanksgiving.... and then it's holiday season...

So I think the overall impression of our whirlwind dash and splash day at the parks was that it reminded us that it has been far too long since we spent time at the parks. Too much cruising instead. We will have to fix that someday soon.

'00 Dixie Landings + DCL (Wonder) / '06 WL / '08 POFQ / '10 BLT / '11 DCL (Magic) / '12 DCL (Magic) / '13 AKV / '13 DCL (Fantasy) / '14 HHI / '14 DCL (Dream) / '15 DCL (Wonder)
TopRowSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #100
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I don't know how I missed the update, but I did! My goodness you packed a lot into that day, I'd have been ready to head back and get out of the rain as well.

Well done on the commando tour of 3 parks and still fitting in an ADR!

We had a little boy who did the same thing on a bus ride last week. It happens, and has happened to us. I'm just glad that's all it was!

That bus ride back sounds like a nightmare!

If your ADR was at 4:30, at some point that evening I'd have been hungry (or starving by the next am) so it was probably good that you ate. Cruises are death to the diet but what a way to go!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #101
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Subbing in. Looking forward to the rest of your report!

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #102
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crecia27 View Post
Holy heck, I'll never complain about $50 at Port of Galveston again!

I'm enjoying the he said / she said. I wonder if I can talk my husband into doing one!
Yes, parking in NYC was outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I don't know how I missed the update, but I did! My goodness you packed a lot into that day, I'd have been ready to head back and get out of the rain as well.

Well done on the commando tour of 3 parks and still fitting in an ADR!

We had a little boy who did the same thing on a bus ride last week. It happens, and has happened to us. I'm just glad that's all it was!

That bus ride back sounds like a nightmare!

If your ADR was at 4:30, at some point that evening I'd have been hungry (or starving by the next am) so it was probably good that you ate. Cruises are death to the diet but what a way to go!
It was a fun day at WDW. I wish it had not rained and we could have lasted longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
Subbing in. Looking forward to the rest of your report!
Thanks - update coming up next.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #103
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I am back! Sorry it has taken so long.

After 3 long port days we woke up to a beautiful day at sea.

We started our day out having our breakfast out on the verandah - I miss that.

I then headed out to distribute the rest of our Fish Extender gifts. We met such a great group of friends on this cruise. I hope I get to sail with them again at some point.

I went back to the room and got Steve so we could go to the last cooking demo of the cruise - The Dessert! The chef made Apple Strudel which was very good.

Next we were off to another game of Bingo. No luck but we still had fun hanging with the Bingo Crew.

Getting hungry so Steve and I headed to Lumiere's for lunch. The boys were not hungry so we were on our own. We were in a time crunch because Steve and the boys were going to see The Avengers so we had a quick lunch and they went to the movie.

I had no interest in seeing the movie so I strolled around for a bit and grabbed a coffee from Cove Cafe.

My next stop was a Towel Folding class!

This was a fun class. I think the boys would enjoy it.

I hung around up on deck for a bit while the movie continued. After the movie Steve and I met up for a Mojito tasting. This was ok but not my favorite of the tastings.

We then had a quick snack at Goofy's before getting the kids and heading to see the show for the evening which was Dreams. This was my favorite show of the week.

Tonight was semi-formal and I wanted to get a few more pictures so we went back to get dressed. By this time in the cruise the boys were not very happy with me to be standing in line for pictures.

One of my favorites of the cruise.

We were in Lumiere's for dinner this evening.

Steve and Shawn deep in conversation.

Towel animal of the day

Matt and the other kids in the Edge enjoying a pool party.

Steve and I went to Rockin Bar D to see the magician Scott Alexander. During the show we got a text from the Lab to join them for a High School Musical Production that Shawn was participating in. This was cute and he had a great time.

After the show we headed back to the room to find Matt banging on the door. Thanks to the people in room 6040 who attempted to help him out. When he went to the pool party he did not take his room key or wave phone - so he could not get in and could not call us. We felt so bad. He was only waiting for a few minutes but still - we felt bad.

All was well after a busy day at sea. Off to sleep for tomorrow would be our last full day.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #104
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Welcome back Kristi. I was hoping you would finish your trip report. Your son was standing right behind one of my twins at the High School Musical dance-off. Was your son as excited as my girls were when they won (wink-wink)? Is there anyway you may be able to e-mail me that picture?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #105
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad
Welcome back Kristi. I was hoping you would finish your trip report. Your son was standing right behind one of my twins at the High School Musical dance-off. Was your son as excited as my girls were when they won (wink-wink)? Is there anyway you may be able to e-mail me that picture?
Hello! Sorry it took me so long to come back to the trip report. Shawn was very excited that they won . PM your email and I will send the pictures. I also have some video from the show that I can send you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: