Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #166
MEK
DIS Veteran

Forget what I said about photographing hotels, I think your talent is photographing food. For a minute I forgot I was reading a trip report. I thought I was on am advertising web site. Those pictures are great! The ship looks lovely even though its smaller than the Dream. And it doesn't look "worn" at all IMHO!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #167
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
This is my fear. I have a feeling I won't like them. Does it have a chocolate taste at all? or does it have a coffee taste. I can't stand coffee so if it resembles that taste, for sure I won't like them
If you don't like coffee, DON'T try them, Jen! And it's no wonder they taste of alcohol, as there is some in it!
I on the other hand really like Zebra Domes, but then I just love the taste of coffee in sweets, not so much if I have to drink the stuff, coffee that is.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #168
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Thanks for letting us live vicariously!

5 weeks!!!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #169
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Where do you get zebra domes? On the ship? They sound intriguing.
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #170
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
If you don't like coffee, DON'T try them, Jen! And it's no wonder they taste of alcohol, as there is some in it!
I have to say, I HATE coffee and don't like anything that tastes like coffee, but I love zebra domes. I can't detect the coffee flavor at all, I can taste the alcohol though

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassslipper2004 View Post
Zebra Domes are available at Animal Kingdom Lodge, you can get them at Mara or they are usually served on the dessert buffet at Boma

Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #171
Timon

DIS Junkie

Two more great instalments Jen!

What's up with the security guy at PC

I'm not a dessert person either. I try a bite and don't like most of them. That's why I cried when they took the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie off the menu because it was soooo good! The only other dessert I enjoyed on the Magic was the Amaretto Cheesecake But I could eat carbs all day long

I watched that news report, boy does that woman need a dose of pixie dust or what????!!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #172
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon

I'm not a dessert person either. I try a bite and don't like most of them. That's why I cried when they took the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie off the menu because it was soooo good! The only other dessert I enjoyed on the Magic was the Amaretto Cheesecake But I could eat carbs all day long

I watched that news report, boy does that woman need a dose of pixie dust or what????!!!
Sounds like she was miffed she didn't get assigned to cover "real" news. She needs a vacation.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #173
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the Zebra Domes. I knew I had heard about them before - sadly, in our many trips to WDW, we still haven't managed to have a meal at one of the restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge. But I'm sure it will happen someday!

Keep writing - your posts are so much fun to read! Thanks!
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #175
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Wow... I don't know if I could turn down an upgrade......I like free stuff.

You will love the veranda...I am now a veranda snob...My wallet isn't though.
I normally like free stuff, too, but in this case it did not seemed to be worth it as the location would not have been as good as our booked category and there was the little matter of the split bathroom.

My wallet would normally not like a veranda either and when it comes to cruising, we do tend to go for quantity rather than quality, but this was a deal i could not refuse.

Quote:
This is my fear. I have a feeling I won't like them. Does it have a chocolate taste at all? or does it have a coffee taste. I can't stand coffee so if it resembles that taste, for sure I won't like them
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I have to say, I HATE coffee and don't like anything that tastes like coffee, but I love zebra domes. I can't detect the coffee flavor at all, I can taste the alcohol though

Zebra Domes are available at Animal Kingdom Lodge, you can get them at Mara or they are usually served on the dessert buffet at Boma

Zebra Domes have gone through a transformation over the year. They used to me made with Kahlua, which is where the coffee taste came from. They are now made with Amarula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I miss this, too. I have to admit though that I rather like the Grand Marnier Souffle.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #176
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Forget what I said about photographing hotels, I think your talent is photographing food. For a minute I forgot I was reading a trip report. I thought I was on am advertising web site. Those pictures are great! The ship looks lovely even though its smaller than the Dream. And it doesn't look "worn" at all IMHO!

LOL... I was happy with those food pictures. I usually take some pretty bad ones...and I did as well on upcoming days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I on the other hand really like Zebra Domes, but then I just love the taste of coffee in sweets, not so much if I have to drink the stuff, coffee that is.
Good to know. I "might" still get them and then give them to my sister if I don't like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Thanks for letting us live vicariously!

5 weeks!!!
I am so jealous. I wish I could go again. It really was that much fun to want to keep going and going and going!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

Do they have them on the breakfast buffet? I do have a boma breakfast one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

I don't know why he was there...and I have to admit I didn't notice him either. I was hungry and on a Disney high!

I wish they still had the peanutbutter pie too. For many years I drooled over it looking at in menus and then I sail and it's GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Sounds like she was miffed she didn't get assigned to cover "real" news. She needs a vacation.
LOL..Some one local sais she wasn't one of their better newscasters. She even kind of looked a bit dumpy for a newscaster.

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the Zebra Domes. I knew I had heard about them before - sadly, in our many trips to WDW, we still haven't managed to have a meal at one of the restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge. But I'm sure it will happen someday!

Keep writing - your posts are so much fun to read! Thanks!
Thanks. I am hoping to get on up yet tonight. It's been a long day...again and I have some other things I must do, but I might take a break and write up another installment.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #177
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
OMG all that food looks yummy.
And it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I normally like free stuff, too, but in this case it did not seemed to be worth it as the location would not have been as good as our booked category and there was the little matter of the split bathroom.

My wallet would normally not like a veranda either and when it comes to cruising, we do tend to go for quantity rather than quality, but this was a deal i could not refuse.

Zebra Domes have gone through a transformation over the year. They used to me made with Kahlua, which is where the coffee taste came from. They are now made with Amarula.

I miss this, too. I have to admit though that I rather like the Grand Marnier Souffle.

Corinna
Ok...I think I will at least try it.

I love the souffle too. I thought it was just as good as the chcolate one at palo.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #178
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Today was an extremely long day of running errnads, and work too. I am just too tired to work on another installment and I will be gone all day tomorrow as well, so I hope to get one up on Sunday.

I'm sorry.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #179
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today was an extremely long day of running errnads, and work too. I am just too tired to work on another installment and I will be gone all day tomorrow as well, so I hope to get one up on Sunday.

I'm sorry.
Such is life, Jen! Don't worry, we will all wait until there is more time to update.

As for the Zebra Domes - I did not have any last year, so since they changed the recipe maybe the coffee taste is gone. Need to get me some in August.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #180
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

I'm sorry.
For this type of trip report, we'll still be here after the weekend. Enjoy!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: