Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #931
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I have a SW VISA, but I don't watch the timing that closely. I think it does take a day or two after the billing cycle ends for the points to appear on the Southwest site. As you know, Chase handles the credit card, so what it amounts to is Chase telling Southwest to credit your Rapid Rewards account and then SW acting on that. You don't have to do anything.

My last credit card cycle ended September 19 and the points were credited by Southwest on September 20. But, they may not have appeared on the Southwest site until the next day.

If I were you I would just keep an eye on it and contact Chase or Southwest if you don't see anything in a few days.
i already called and she said since it's the first bill, it might take a few weeks. That's all right, I need to back off on the airfare obsession. I've always, always read/been told that 2-3 months before the trip is when prices are lowest, so that's what i"m going to aim for. I've never booked airfare this early and i've never had a problem (except last year, lol).
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #932
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen12573
I'm kicking myself for not booking SW when the rates were released. $129 non-stop from PHL each way is now $153 and $258 respectively. Ugh!
I hear ya!! That is why I may be switching the trip to July. The flights are just so ridiculous for April vacation. If I could only leave on a Tuesday!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #933
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britta1 View Post
Hello!

DH and I are planning our very first trip to WDW! We have both been to DisneyLand as kids so we are really looking forward to our upcoming Orlando vacation!

We are planning to go April 15-25 (hoping to miss Spring Break and Easter break rush)

Thinking of staying at POP or a moderate resort depending on how much we can budget for.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's tips! So glad I found this forum!

I'll be there then also. I'm beginning to think that we are hitting spring break instead of missing it. We have more people listed for those weeks than the week after Easter. I think all of New England is taking spring break then.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #934
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney

I hear ya!! That is why I may be switching the trip to July. The flights are just so ridiculous for April vacation. If I could only leave on a Tuesday!!!!

We're flying on Easter Sunday, which is still $100 less than if we flew down on 3/30. I wish we could change but this is the only time the whole family can go together. I may buy the flight there at $153 each and hope for a credit if it drops, then use that towards our return flight. Jeepers creepers!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #935
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Debbie~ could you put me at Hard Rock CL instead of universal?? Thanks!!

Got it, thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #936
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post

Be sure to let me know if you switch.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #937
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
i already called and she said since it's the first bill, it might take a few weeks. That's all right, I need to back off on the airfare obsession. I've always, always read/been told that 2-3 months before the trip is when prices are lowest, so that's what i"m going to aim for. I've never booked airfare this early and i've never had a problem (except last year, lol).
I always hear about the 2-3 months before too, but it doesn't seem to work that way when you travel at busy times. When we travel right around Easter, I try to book the day that schedules first come out and then I watch how the fares move after that. They very rarely come down (and if they do it's not by very much) but on some busy days they sometimes go up pretty significantly and pretty quickly.

The nice thing about Southwest is that if the fare comes down much you can just rebook at the lower fare and get a credit for the difference. As long as you take another trip within a year you can use those credits on the next trip. If you book with points you can just get the points back.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 AM   #938
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britta1 View Post
Hello!

DH and I are planning our very first trip to WDW! We have both been to DisneyLand as kids so we are really looking forward to our upcoming Orlando vacation!

We are planning to go April 15-25 (hoping to miss Spring Break and Easter break rush)

Thinking of staying at POP or a moderate resort depending on how much we can budget for.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's tips! So glad I found this forum!
Welcome!! and that is so awesome it's your first trip! Be sure to get your 1st Time button and wear it throughout the parks - there are sometimes very special surprises from CMs!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #939
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Anyways, this will be huge - not only because we can add a day to our trip but also when it comes time to booking flights, it gives me more options; instead of being bound to paying whatever it costs for an early morning Saturday non-stop flight (I'm not willing to fly later in the day or do a layover because I don't want to waste any of that Saturday since this is already a short trip. I like to arrive and be in the resort by noon), now I can
book a flight on Friday and I don't care if it has a layover or if it's a little later in the day! So I'll get a whole extra park day!!

Now let's just hope his boss says it's ok.
I don't know if you know the old TA trick that we used to do back in the day - if you don't mind changing planes - sometimes it's cheaper to buy two round trip tickets...

We used to find what RT tickets were on sale out of the customers homebase - so in your case Boston - if flights to say DC were $99 RT, and flights to MCO were $150 RT, that's what we would book. It's time consuming, but if you find the right flights it's worth the work. And sometimes you have to fly somewhere obscure like to Chicago and then to Orlando - it just depends on what is on sale.

HTH!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #940
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

ok, you were right PP. My SW points are in my account this morning. Phew. Now I can relax and if a deal does happen to pop up, I can use them.
I told DH to put in a request form for that Friday and see what happens. Once it's official I will rest easy.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #941
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
Yeah, but only the juniors in our high school do them. I absolutely hate them-I have a 4.0 GPA and 2000 SAT, but I wasn't proficient on one of the sections of the NECAP. We also found out that if you don't have a long enough essay in the writing section, it doesn't matter how good the content is, you still get points knocked off (this was investigated by our principal). So, in my opinion, NECAPs=bullcrap.

Yeah, it's kind of pointless. The schools with the highest scores are the ones who get the most funding from the state, that's why they push so hard for you to do well. In my opinion it's backwards and the schools with the lowest scores should get more funding.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #942
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Got it, thanks!

I'm not even on the list LOL. We are April 20-29 at Port Orleans Riverside.........the usual.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #943
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Ok, here's my prelimininary itinerary:

Assuming we go down Fri. 4/12:

Sat, 4/13 - EPCOT - Akershus for breakfast, Biergarten for dinner

Sun. 4/14 - HS - Mama Melrose for lunch or dinner. (Not thrilled about this, but want to try some new restaurants and not much to choose from at HS). May leave after lunch and come back later for Fantasmic. Not sure yet....

Mon. 4/15 - AK (a.m. EMH) - Tusker House for lunch

Tues. 4/16 - MK - Be our Guest for dinner

Weds. 4/17 - MK - maybe spend day at resort and come in the afternoon for dinner and try to make it for MSEP (9:00 p.m.). IDK, that's pretty late for us, lol. I'm thinking dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (again, wanting to try somewhere new)

If DH can't get that Friday off and we go down Saturday then we'll just do EP on Monday and skip AK altogether.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 10-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #944
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
I'm not even on the list LOL. We are April 20-29 at Port Orleans Riverside.........the usual.
You're there now. Thanks for the heads up.

I try not to miss any new folks but at my age (gotta blame it on something, ) I do occasionally make a mistake.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #945
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I always hear about the 2-3 months before too, but it doesn't seem to work that way when you travel at busy times. When we travel right around Easter, I try to book the day that schedules first come out and then I watch how the fares move after that. They very rarely come down (and if they do it's not by very much) but on some busy days they sometimes go up pretty significantly and pretty quickly.

The nice thing about Southwest is that if the fare comes down much you can just rebook at the lower fare and get a credit for the difference. As long as you take another trip within a year you can use those credits on the next trip. If you book with points you can just get the points back.
That's right for SW anyway. The longer I wait for flights for April vacation the more expensive they get. That's why I'm unable to get flights that are reasonable for Friday the 12th. UGH!!! I'm waiting for the 13th and the rest of the week to come out before I make my decision to do that week or not.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: