Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09 View Post
Mal, me too! If you see a 12 year old girl dressed as a Sky Blue Crayola, she's with me!
We will be easy to spot. We will have the service dog dressed as Snow White.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #32
JeannieNM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t
I'm going to look for you too, I would love to see a service Snow White. We are a group of 6- 7,13,almost 17 and 3 adults - I'm a Manuel wheelchair user (paraplegic). We will be dressed as Dia de los muertos ( Day of the dead) so say hi if you see us.
JeannieNM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #33
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...What is a person to do if they can't make the party? I don't advocate selling unused days or anything but I think this is different? If we couldn't attend I think we'd be out on Harbor finding some grateful ticket-less peeps (for no profit, of course).
It's one thing to sell your unused ticket for face value in a totally honest transaction, but it's a whole different situation with people selling their tickets to the highest bidder on ebay or for several times the face value on Craigslist -- not to mention the risk that those tickets might not even be valid.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #34
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Mal, me too! If you see a 12 year old girl dressed as a Sky Blue Crayola, she's with me!

What is a person to do if they can't make the party? I don't advocate selling unused days or anything but I think this is different? If we couldn't attend I think we'd be out on Harbor finding some grateful ticket-less peeps (for no profit, of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
It's one thing to sell your unused ticket for face value in a totally honest transaction, but it's a whole different situation with people selling their tickets to the highest bidder on ebay or for several times the face value on Craigslist -- not to mention the risk that those tickets might not even be valid.

What a person is to do if they can't make the party is give the tickets away, free of charge. First, ask Disney and see if there is any way they will refund the money - usually they will not, but every now and then a kindly Cast Member may show some mercy in certain cases. If that doesn't work, give the ticket(s) away.

Technically, any Disney park tickets are not supposed to be for resale, and no one is supposed to be selling tickets park/party unless they are authorized by Disney to do so (like certain travel agents and things like that). Once you get into the area of 'how can I get my money back on this ticket that I bought and can't use' and try to sell it, it becomes a legal issue to Disney.

Do people still encounter situations in which they can't go at the last minute and have to get rid of a ticket? Of course! Do people still sell tickets that they can't use? Of course! And I'm sure that many of these transactions are conducted in ways other than on eBay or Craig's List, and they probably go off without a hitch. In other words, it happens. It's just not supposed to happen.

But people can't sell tickets here on the DIS (there are no sales of any kind on the DIS), nor can they post, "Hey, I'm selling my tickets - PM me if you're interested" or something like that and disappear. We will delete the thread if we see it. Also, people are not supposed to say, "Hey, I need tickets for X night - I'll buy them; please contact me."

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #35
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
Yeah, this is all I'm talking about. I think once you pad the price, you're violating the spirit of the non-transferability issue.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #36
hollyshoffbrau
Earning My Ears

We are going 10/31 and bought our tickets almost 2 months ago cause I was convinced it being actual halloween would sell out first....and tickets are still available. Go figure.
hollyshoffbrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #37
Porturican
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkmybffminnie View Post
I will cry....CRY, if the 26th sells out. we can't buy til thurs
Did you get your tickets? I saw they sold out before Thursday. I hope you were able to get them early!
Porturican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #38
idkmybffminnie
ms.minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porturican

Did you get your tickets? I saw they sold out before Thursday. I hope you were able to get them early!
I didn't I cried. they sold out Wednesday morning.

idkmybffminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #39
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
Black dog? I think we passed you a few times, in the crowds.

I think the kids enjoyed the Halloween party but it's not something we'd do again. We're not real into characters or parades, and we couldn't see the fireworks much at all. There were people camping out spots on the hub from 7pm. The ride lines were kinda long, or maybe it was just the rides we tried for. The special effects throughout the park were cool but it being late on our third day, we were a little too tired to really see it all.
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
Jessicalynne
Mouseketeer

Good to know it is important to buy MNSSHP tickets in advance to make sure we get in!

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jordy...25730070799917
Jordyn's blog: www.triumphingoverall.blogspot.com
Jessicalynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: