Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #121
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
I've really enjoyed reading your report - especially since we were there 9/17-22 and so many things you've mentioned have me remembering our experience.

The day you were in DHS and it rained, we were in the MK and ohhhh boy it was murder! We were walking through Frontierland and my husband said "Is that Splash Mountain...or actual thunder?" Well soon we had our answer! That was fierce!

The following day we were also in Epcot - I wonder if we ran into each other! We got caught in the downpour just as we were coming off the monorail at the TTC. No way we were walking to our room at the Poly in that, so we dashed for the resort monorail - and don't you know by the time we went through that ONE stop, it had stopped raining? Sheesh!

That rain on Thursday night was insane, too. DH and I were waiting for Illuminations but I wasn't feeling well so I wanted to head back to our room. Not three minutes after walking into the building and walking out onto the balcony I saw that it was pouring! It was like someone flipped a switch. I felt sorry for the people on the beach watching Wishes, but even worse for DH (he didn't have his phone with him and I was pretty fretful for him AND our camera). Turns out he made it through Illuminations with no rain at all - isn't it weird that it didn't start raining in both parks at the same time? He walked from Italy to Canada before it even started to rain.

Oh, and when the monorail was down...that was super fun (not!). But we got to take a big boat from MK to the Poly, rather than the launch, so that was something different anyway.

Looking forward to reading more about you and your family!
Sounds like you had a very exciting time in the rain like we did!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #122
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Oh it's Tay like day and Gin like the drink..lol

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #123
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

More exploring

So everyone had abandoned us and it was just us 4... We decided to just walk around and explore.. I love AK and could just walk and be happy!

We actually had a really nice time..it was ultra weird having only 2 kids with us. I loved it and didn't at the same time.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #124
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

more

We walked by this guy just in time:

We decided to go in and watch. Taejan and Ziah love birds. Taejan loves hawk's so I picked us out the perfect seats...

This guy landed about 2 feet from Taejan's head... pretty sure I made a memory for him that's going to last his whole life..he was sooo happy!

Oh and before I go on..a little PSA..when at Flights of Wonder.. please stay sitting..don't try and exit or walk around or allow your kids to walk around. These birds are in motion.. and it's dangerous..not to mention RUDE!

We happened upon D'Vine again.. Taejan kept insisting she was a robot @@..no son..no she's not!

More exploring

There is a Kangaroo in there I swear!

We opted for a small snack.. we had ressies for dinner soon so we didn't want to much..we shared one of these:

Up next...best meal EVER!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #125
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Cape May...yumm

We headed out before the parade so we didnt get caught AGAIN..lol.. it was def too early for our ADR's but it was that or risk being late. We hopped a bus to The Beach Club... It so pretty..this is where Declan wants to stay for our pre-vacation resort next year..let's hope we can get a room only discount!

So since we were early we decided to go over to BWI and chill..we knew that place and where to go..lol

We ended up in this little area..and the funny thing is when we were staying here it had people in it every time we went out..but it was empty today...score!

I got a text from Noah that they were at the boat launch so we walked over and met up. We went in and checked in.. and before you know it we were having the best meal ever!

Noah ate for an hour..not kidding.. pretty sure he ate his body weight in seafood!

Ziah loved the desserts...and we figured out why Beach club is so expensive.. well the kids did..its because they literally put there name on every dessert...wish I had gotten a picture of that..lol

taejan loved coloring on the table

We then hopped the boat to HS and bus to POFQ. I started some laundry then went to the pool. Taejan got kicked right in the back into the pool..darn other kids..parents punished the kid but didn't even make the kid say sorry...grrr. I sent Eric off to book the bounceback. He wasn't pleased because I usually handle all that stuff and he "didnt know how to"..I said dude..your 40 years old.. you can manage..and he did..lol. So we are booked for 12 nights of free dining at PORS in September 2013. I wont know until March if we can finish paying for it but at least it's booked and held kwim?

We then went to the green and watched the 2nd half of UP:

back to the room where I packed up all the clean clothes..we wouldn't need them again. Then it was bed time!

My mom and Noah were not feeling well.. not from the meal but they were coming down with colds..grr..so they crashed early!

Tomorrow we had no ADRs so we could go wherever.. oh where shall we go?

So ends park day 7.. no rain today.. and so that means NO ponchos still!!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #126
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Off to Save the World!!

Monday September 24th 2012

So we took our time this morning.. we had no ADR's so we could do whatever we wanted. After we were all ready I opened up the shared door and my mom and Noah were out cold.. ok well then. My mom had been coughing and Noah too so we left em a note and left!

Of course we couldn't go to the bus until the kids had visited the pin board then it was off to the bus stop. We let the kids decide where we were going.. and of course..they picked EPCOT..lol. What can I say..we love Epcot!

We decided to check out the other side of Innoventions..

Declan and Eric were very excited to see there was little to no line for Sum of All Thrills! The other 2 and I went to see "Storm Struck" which was actually really cool! We got done just in time to watch the boys ride their coaster:

Then we went over and let Ziah and Taejan finish the activity after Storm Struck:

Headed off to World Showcase:

I think this was my favorite day thus far. Mostly because it was just the 5 of us. No worrying about if my mom can keep up ( I know that prolly sounds horrible) or if she's getting tired, no wondering what Noah is up to. Eric and I are very go with the flow whatever happens we will move along thru it kinda people. 2 of the wee ones are the same way..one is NOT. But when it's just the 5 of us it seems to flow really well. We gave the kids full lead on what we did today...

We were all also hungry so we stopped for nachos and such.. my oh my did we have a lot of counter service credits left..lol.. it's the heat...I hate eating in the heat so we just don't use them all.. hence why I would never pay for the plan.

Then we kept on moving:

We headed to Norway to ride Maelstrom.. think this was ride 10 or 12 for the trip total..lol

Then on to Germany for our first Agent P mission of the day..

I had never been in this store so I was glad..i found Toblerone..LMAO.. I wish I had more silly pictures of me..I swear I need my own Personal Photopass Photographer to just follow us around...

The clocks were cool..even cooler when you are doing a mission:

Up next.. he eat's what?

Old 10-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #127
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

He's eating what?

We finished the Germany mission and Declan was ecstatic that I said sure to doing another one.. he yells "no distractions,never say never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it"..and does this:

Needless to say I laughed, I may have pretended I wasn't with the loud mouth and then I wrote that in my notes and decided if nothing else came up that was my TR title!

We meandered on:

Up next China for the Agent P... another country I hadn't really go into in a rather long time so this was good!

Taejan was rather upset when we went in the store..its full of panda stuff..and he was out of money...sorry buddy!

Oh before I continue..at some point we heard from Noah..they were not joining us.. my mother felt too sick.. and rest was best!

onward we went to the next mission

Up next..we save the world..

Old 10-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #128
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We finally save the world!

Up next we were making our way to the next mission.. France!

But seeing as we were in no hurry we def stopped to play!

and to wave to Marie

We enjoyed France:

and let the kids burn off some energy..normally mine would not be doing this..but as I've said before.. Epcot needs a place for kids to just be kids for a few!

Off to the LAST mission..

While in the UK I was approached by a nice lady that turned out to be a member of the boards..it was so cool! I was wondering if and when I'd actually meet someone from the boards!!

Off to save the world we go!

We were so hoping one would ring!

This one did and Taejan picked it up and was talking to someone..but he said he couldn't understand them ...whaa..that would have been sooo cool!

We saved the world..what next? Shaved ice of course!

Old 10-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #129
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

I am so enjoying your TR!! You make it so interesting- your writing is great!! I think you should write a book!! It's funny about the garbage can!! My son has a thing -not about eating one- but taking pictures of them!! Go figure!! Boys!

(Me) (DH) (DS21) (DS17) (Jill) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #130
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
I am so enjoying your TR!! You make it so interesting- your writing is great!! I think you should write a book!! It's funny about the garbage can!! My son has a thing -not about eating one- but taking pictures of them!! Go figure!! Boys!
aaww thanks!! I was big into writing back in my pre-mom days.. appreciate the compliment!

And boys eh? Having 3 of them I can totally understand.. I plan to give my now 7 year old his own camera next trip just for the pictures I know he will take!

Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #131
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We saved the world..now what?

After we finished the LAST of the Agent P missions ( Declan did every one while we were there!!) the kids begged me for shaved ice.. and who am I to say no when they had just worked so hard to save the world!

So off we headed to Japan and soon we saw this:

and we were eating this:

and sadly we saw some epic bad behavior from adults. there was a couple on scooters.. the female stops in the middle of the walkway and starts dropping hand fulls of popcorn to feed the birds. Then the male comes plowing thru to try and run the birds over.. it happened a few times..unreal. I do believe a CM spoke to them but apparently it didn't help. Eric and Declan saw them the next day at another park doing close to the same thing. I will never understand what is wrong with some people! At least my kids were like "wth"!

So since I was the nice mom and allowed the kids shaved ice I wanted something in return..I needed to go ride Maelstrom one last time...on the way we got to watch these funny ladies!

after going over the falls we happened upon Duffy! Declan had been wanting to meet him so bad. Of course we get in line and he leaves..WTH..lol.. luckily he was coming right back. We ended up next to a really nice family and it made the time pass:

We didn't do autograph books but the kids wanted Duffys and the nice family gave each of mine a piece of paper!

ok forgive all the pictures but we happen to love Duffy!( and Ziah was wishing she had brought her Duffy with her!!). Oh Duffy's handler was from about 45 minutes from us! It was nice to finally find a CM that was semi local..lol

We snagged a few photopass pics..not real thrilled with these..

he def should have had my kids move backwards for their alone shots..

We went over and got some last free drinks of the various soda's and then
came the rematch for the piggie bank game. I told Declan that since he felt Taejan was the reason they lost last time, I would take Taejan and Daddy could have him and Ziah. We waited our turn ( and watched a little boy smash his pig to the ground and break the leg..ugh) and by the time we were done guess what..Taejan and I WON..oh yeah..na na na na!

We rode Space Ship earth one last time and said good bye to Epcot

We got to the bus stop and it was a LONG wait..longest thus far..prolly 20 minutes ( I know end of the world to wait for a bus eh?) only thing that did make it slightly frustrating was that 3 Animal Kingdom busses came in the span of 8 minutes and 2 for Saratoga Springs pretty much back to back.

We got back to the rooms and my mom was completely veggie out..which was good..better to rest! I herded the kids all out to eat then swim:

all 4 in the same space!!

we then all went for a walk up to Riverside so my mom could chill more:
Run Noah run..oh wait..u are.. i forgot..you run in slow motion ( and have since you were 2)

The kids do the campfire when we get back.Boardwalk does it better..they give out baggies of marshmallows.. 1 for 2 kids, 2 for 3 kids..etc. Here it's the CM's putting the marshmallows on the sticks ( with gloves on of course) and handing them to the kids. So if your kiddo wants a 2nd one you have to wait.

After this Eric realized he has lost his room key..so off he went to guest services..all 3 keys from that room got replaced.. they now had the fancy blue ones and the rest of us still had yellow ones ( we had blue at BWI).

We then took the kids to watch Oliver and Co on the green. We watched the entire movie.. there was a bunny that was hopping around the whole time. Declan went and got us popcorn with a snack credit..it was a great nice. I love love love that we took so much time this trip to just relax and enjoy everything not just the parks!

So there ends park day 7.. and guess what... we still have not purchased ponchos!!

Up next.. MNSSHP day!!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #132
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

I don't know why, but something about your trip reports make me feel like I'm really at WDW!! I can feel the magic. Keep em coming. -Amanda
Old 10-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #133
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
I don't know why, but something about your trip reports make me feel like I'm really at WDW!! I can feel the magic. Keep em coming. -Amanda
Aww thank you! I have a busy day so I wont be able to post today..but I will soon!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #134
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love walking around Animal Kingdom. I'm glad you guys took the time to enjoy watching the animals.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #135
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I love walking around Animal Kingdom. I'm glad you guys took the time to enjoy watching the animals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: