Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
jrl153
Earning My Ears

Rain Forest 1-Day Pass

Has anyone used the Rain Forest 1-Day Pass? What's included?
jrl153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

You get access to the Rainforest room for one day, as much as you want to go. If you want any of the scrubs that go with the steam room, those are extra.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
lovinmommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl153 View Post
Has anyone used the Rain Forest 1-Day Pass? What's included?
I won't be using mine until next week, but it is my impression that it's use of the special showers/saunas/tile loungers/and hot tubs
lovinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You get to sit/stand in the rainforest area for as much of the day as you wish. You can make multiple visits in one day.

On the classic ships, the rainforest is a big room with 3 smaller areas, each with a different level of scent and steam. The big room has great loungers and you can read in there. There are a couple of "specialty showers" that never work. On the new ships, there are also hot tubs.

As noted, they have started selling an "enhanced" rain forest that includes some special scented scrubs. These are extra.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

We were on the Wonder a few weeks and I hadn't done the Rainforest Room on there before. I was prepared for it to be a bit run-down. Everything we tried was working great! The showers all did what they said and the temperatures were consistent with what they were labeled, some of them are supposed to be chilly and refreshing. The steam rooms were all as described and working. We were pleasantly surprised.

I was prepared for the Exotic Rasul treatment room to also be semi-functional but the steam and showers in there were working fine too.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Happy100
Mouseketeer

If you think you are just going to use the rainforest room once just book a treatment in the spa. The rainforest room is included in your treatment. I typically go about 30-45mins before to enjoy it then after my treatment I will hang out a little longer to relax.

Disney Wonder 8/24/15 "Finally Gold"
Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous View Post
We were on the Wonder a few weeks and I hadn't done the Rainforest Room on there before. I was prepared for it to be a bit run-down. Everything we tried was working great! The showers all did what they said and the temperatures were consistent with what they were labeled, some of them are supposed to be chilly and refreshing. The steam rooms were all as described and working. We were pleasantly surprised.

I was prepared for the Exotic Rasul treatment room to also be semi-functional but the steam and showers in there were working fine too.
I'm completely amazed! I've done many Magic cruises and never found the showers ALL working. Glad to hear that at least on the Wonder, they have been fixed.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
cruiser77
Earning My Ears

Will there be any sauna/steamrooms available to use when just using the gym? I would like to use them after gym but would not want to pay each time...
cruiser77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser77 View Post
Will there be any sauna/steamrooms available to use when just using the gym? I would like to use them after gym but would not want to pay each time...
There is a sauna in the complimentary locker rooms on the Magic and Wonder. I didn't look on the Fantasy. At least in the women's room......
Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
There is a sauna in the complimentary locker rooms on the Magic and Wonder. I didn't look on the Fantasy. At least in the women's room......
There is a "Mild Sauna" in the Women's locker room on the Fantasy - next to the lockers. It wasn't as oppressively hot as the saunas in the Rainforest area. We spoke to another cruiser who said there was a "Steam Room" in the Men's locker room but he felt the Rainforest saunas were better than what was in the Men's area.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
jrl153
Earning My Ears

Just trying to plan something nice for my DW and 2 of my DD's (21&25) to enjoy together. We'll be on the Magic out of Galveston in January, may get a package since it's included.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We'll be on the Magic out of Galveston in January, may get a package since it's included.
!
???I don't understand this statement. What are you saying is included in what?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
jrl153
Earning My Ears

Someone earlier posted the rainforest room was included when you book a treatment. By treatment I'm guessing massages etc.
when I posted my last post I thought I was commenting on the post about the treatment. Sorry, still learning.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Someone earlier posted the rainforest room was included when you book a treatment. By treatment I'm guessing massages etc.
when I posted my last post I thought I was commenting on the post about the treatment. Sorry, still learning.
I was under the impression the Rain Forest Room was NOT included in any treatment....
Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
I'm completely amazed! I've done many Magic cruises and never found the showers ALL working. Glad to hear that at least on the Wonder, they have been fixed.
There are only two showers right? They both worked in Jan/Feb. For the first few days only half the bench in the gentle sauna worked though. The Rasul room was a whole other story.....We didn't get charged for that.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: