Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #2836
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post


Hi Y'all...just checking in briefly...involved in a busy day. Luncheon with our Washington, DC Congressman, Michael McCaul and got to meet and visit with Country Western star, Daryle Singletary. Gotta love small town county fairs!

Yes...my smiling photo IS Mickey and Denise has finally remembered that her last visit to DW was during the Halloween season! This Mickey was actually located between the entrance to Adventureland and the Castle. Can someone tell me WHAT Mickey "is"?
Is he a ghost-ly Mickey?
.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #2837
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post


Hi Y'all...just checking in briefly...involved in a busy day. Luncheon with our Washington, DC Congressman, Michael McCaul and got to meet and visit with Country Western star, Daryle Singletary. Gotta love small town county fairs!

Yes...my smiling photo IS Mickey and Denise has finally remembered that her last visit to DW was during the Halloween season! This Mickey was actually located between the entrance to Adventureland and the Castle. Can someone tell me WHAT Mickey "is"?
A pumpkin?
__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #2838
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
wl?

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwreck View Post
Epcot? WS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane♥Disney View Post

Looks familiar, park, resort or other? Japan?
And Kris pulls in the lead It IS from WL. Now where WL is it?

__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #2839
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwreck View Post
Mickey Mouse is a funny animal cartoon character created in 1928 by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at The Walt Disney Studio. Mickey is an anthropomorphic mouse and typically wears red shorts, large yellow shoes, and white gloves. He is one of the most recognizable cartoon characters in the world and is the mascot of The Walt Disney Company, the world's largest media conglomerate in terms of annual revenue.

Mickey debuted in November 1928 in the animated cartoon Steamboat Willie after initially appearing in a test screening earlier that year. He went on to appear in over 130 films including The Band Concert (1935), Brave Little Tailor (1938), and Fantasia (1940). Mickey appeared primarily in short films, but also in a few feature-length films. Nine of Mickey's cartoons were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film, one of which, Lend a Paw, won the award in 1942. In 1978, Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Beginning 1930, Mickey has also been featured extensively as a comic strip character. His self-titled newspaper strip, drawn primarily by Floyd Gottfredson, ran for 45 years. Mickey has also appeared in comic books and in television series such as The Mickey Mouse Club (1955–1996) and others. He also appears in other media such as video games as well as merchandising, and is a meetable character at the Disney parks.

Mickey typically appears alongside his girlfriend Minnie Mouse, his pet dog Pluto, his friends Horace Horsecollar, Donald Duck, and Goofy, and his nemesis Pete among others. Originally characterized as a mischievous antihero, Mickey's increasing popularity led to his being rebranded as an everyman, usually seen as an ever cheerful, yet shy role model.





just because you asked
You can't argue with that.
__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #2840
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Where?


WITW23 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
This is from an attraction in the MK, right? Is it from It's a Small World?
__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #2841
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
And Kris pulls in the lead It IS from WL. Now where WL is it?
In the lobby near registration?

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #2842
Diane♥Disney
DIS Veteran
 
Diane♥Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 9,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Yes.

.

Is it from Fantasyland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Is he in the lobby area?

.

Not in the lobby but he is inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwreck View Post
Mickey Mouse is a funny animal cartoon character created in 1928 by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at The Walt Disney Studio. Mickey is an anthropomorphic mouse and typically wears red shorts, large yellow shoes, and white gloves. He is one of the most recognizable cartoon characters in the world and is the mascot of The Walt Disney Company, the world's largest media conglomerate in terms of annual revenue.

Mickey debuted in November 1928 in the animated cartoon Steamboat Willie after initially appearing in a test screening earlier that year. He went on to appear in over 130 films including The Band Concert (1935), Brave Little Tailor (1938), and Fantasia (1940). Mickey appeared primarily in short films, but also in a few feature-length films. Nine of Mickey's cartoons were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film, one of which, Lend a Paw, won the award in 1942. In 1978, Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Beginning 1930, Mickey has also been featured extensively as a comic strip character. His self-titled newspaper strip, drawn primarily by Floyd Gottfredson, ran for 45 years. Mickey has also appeared in comic books and in television series such as The Mickey Mouse Club (1955–1996) and others. He also appears in other media such as video games as well as merchandising, and is a meetable character at the Disney parks.

Mickey typically appears alongside his girlfriend Minnie Mouse, his pet dog Pluto, his friends Horace Horsecollar, Donald Duck, and Goofy, and his nemesis Pete among others. Originally characterized as a mischievous antihero, Mickey's increasing popularity led to his being rebranded as an everyman, usually seen as an ever cheerful, yet shy role model.





just because you asked



Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
And Kris pulls in the lead It IS from WL. Now where WL is it?

Is it one of lights on the dock?
__________________




ME DH : DS DD
Diane♥Disney is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #2843
jeepwreck
DIS Veteran
 
jeepwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 7,330

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
You can't argue with that.
nope you cant lol
__________________
WDW visits: 5 and counting
3 x POFQ, 1 x PORS, 1 x OKWR
DL visits: 13 and counting
Hello my name is Jeff….. and I am a disoholic!
Me , (DW)Emily , (DS)James
jeepwreck is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #2844
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran
 
goopysolelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellville, TX
Posts: 21,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwreck View Post
Mickey Mouse is a funny animal cartoon character created in 1928 by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at The Walt Disney Studio. Mickey is an anthropomorphic mouse and typically wears red shorts, large yellow shoes, and white gloves. He is one of the most recognizable cartoon characters in the world and is the mascot of The Walt Disney Company, the world's largest media conglomerate in terms of annual revenue.

Mickey debuted in November 1928 in the animated cartoon Steamboat Willie after initially appearing in a test screening earlier that year. He went on to appear in over 130 films including The Band Concert (1935), Brave Little Tailor (1938), and Fantasia (1940). Mickey appeared primarily in short films, but also in a few feature-length films. Nine of Mickey's cartoons were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film, one of which, Lend a Paw, won the award in 1942. In 1978, Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Beginning 1930, Mickey has also been featured extensively as a comic strip character. His self-titled newspaper strip, drawn primarily by Floyd Gottfredson, ran for 45 years. Mickey has also appeared in comic books and in television series such as The Mickey Mouse Club (1955–1996) and others. He also appears in other media such as video games as well as merchandising, and is a meetable character at the Disney parks.

Mickey typically appears alongside his girlfriend Minnie Mouse, his pet dog Pluto, his friends Horace Horsecollar, Donald Duck, and Goofy, and his nemesis Pete among others. Originally characterized as a mischievous antihero, Mickey's increasing popularity led to his being rebranded as an everyman, usually seen as an ever cheerful, yet shy role model.





just because you asked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Is he a ghost-ly Mickey?
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
A pumpkin?
jeepwreck...you must have been bored at work today! NOT the answer I was looking for ; Ilivetogo figured out the WHITE Mickey is a ghost!

__________________
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #2845
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran
 
goopysolelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellville, TX
Posts: 21,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
And Kris pulls in the lead It IS from WL. Now where WL is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane♥Disney View Post

Is it one of lights on the dock?
I'd have to agree with Diane! Maybe not on the dock but an outside light.......

__________________
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #2846
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran
 
goopysolelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellville, TX
Posts: 21,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane♥Disney View Post
Not in the lobby but he is inside.
Is there one in Ohana?
__________________
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #2847
jeepwreck
DIS Veteran
 
jeepwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 7,330

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post
jeepwreck...you must have been bored at work today! NOT the answer I was looking for ; Ilivetogo figured out the WHITE Mickey is a ghost!
no quite the opposite very busy today lol but I always make time to put in the smart comments here and there
__________________
WDW visits: 5 and counting
3 x POFQ, 1 x PORS, 1 x OKWR
DL visits: 13 and counting
Hello my name is Jeff….. and I am a disoholic!
Me , (DW)Emily , (DS)James
jeepwreck is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #2848
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran
 
goopysolelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellville, TX
Posts: 21,492

Just about time to hit the road again...start thinking on this one while I'm gone:

__________________
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #2849
jeepwreck
DIS Veteran
 
jeepwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 7,330

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post
Just about time to hit the road again...start thinking on this one while I'm gone:

is that water?
__________________
WDW visits: 5 and counting
3 x POFQ, 1 x PORS, 1 x OKWR
DL visits: 13 and counting
Hello my name is Jeff….. and I am a disoholic!
Me , (DW)Emily , (DS)James
jeepwreck is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #2850
dhorner233
Disneyophile
 
dhorner233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Barstow, WA
Posts: 15,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane♥Disney View Post
Is it one of lights on the dock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post
I'd have to agree with Diane! Maybe not on the dock but an outside light.......

I declare Diane the winner with bonus points for Goopy for having a picture!!

__________________
Denise

dhorner233 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: