Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
SO sorry to give the wrong advice. I totally thought I read this some where on the boards. I have never done it myself but I swore I did read it here before. thanks so much for the correction, I would hate to screw up someone's vacation.
Oh I'm sure you've SEEN this question / thought come up before, but it's usually squished pretty quickly as this is a VERY common question when people start thinking about it..
Old 10-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

So, just to offer a different opinion. We love to hop.

I plan our itinerary with hopping as a must. We like to go to one park for the morning and early afternoon, take a pool break at the resort mid-day then go to a different park for dinner and evening. For us, it feels like 3 separate days all in one. By the end of the week, we feel like we had 21 days.

We did do non-hopping once, when you could hoard the FPs and return in the evening to use them. But, even then, it felt like we were just returning to the same park instead of getting the new experience of going to a different park.

Hopping also gives the flexibility of going to a different park if something is cancelled due to weather. I agree, you don't need it, and can add it if needed. But we like to plan for it.
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
MikeandReneePlus5
DIS Veteran

We get them always, but if you are on the fence I think it depends in part where you are staying.

At the BW YC BC S&D you may want them because you can always walk right in the back door at Epcot and when we stayed at BC last year we did that every day, regardless of what our main park was that day.

At the Poly CR GF WL you may want them because MK is so accessible.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommak1 View Post
Thanks everyone. It sounds like it makes a lot more sense for us to not get the hoppers initially and then add them there if we decide that we want to hop because of plans changing or weather, etc.
Figure out the "cost per hop"! Remember that it costs $57 per ticket to add the hopper feature, so if you only hop once, that's almost $60 per person to hop for just one day! Not worth it IMO unless you plan to hop throughout your whole trip.

If you hop every single day during a seven-day trip, that's only $8 per day --- but if you hop only once, it's $57 per day! Is that worth it? Probably not. I'd rather spend that money on something great like Cirque du Soleil tickets!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
LilRonGal
Disney Dreamer

I've not hopped in years. I felt like it put too much pressure on me to "get my money's worth" and we spent a lot of time traveling. It DID help with ADRs--the flexibility with that was great. But for us, it's just easier for us not to hop. There's plenty for us to do and we plan our ADRs accordingly. If we don't want what the park of the day is offering, we go to a resort.

My Disneylicious Blog | My Disney Photo Collection | My Personal Blog
DW 08/01 - ASMusic | DW 05/05 - ASMovies | DL 09/05 - offsite | DW 09/08 - POP | DL 01/09 - offsite
DW 08/09 - POP | DW 01/11 - POFQ | DW 06/11 - POFQ | DW 02/12 - POFQ | DW 02/13 - POFQ | DW 06/13 - POP
LilRonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #21
lgcountry
Mouseketeer

DH and I have a F&W trip coming up in 10 days, and I really struggled with not getting the Hopper. We are there for 5 days and have seminars, lunches, and a Segway tour on 4 of those days.

We decided to stay with no hopper 5 day tickets. This is an adult trip for the 2 of us, and EPCOT is our favorite park. There are a lot of things to see and do that my 15 year old son just doesn't have the patience for. I've never seen a complete Brittish Invasion or Off Kilter show. (or any show there for that matter) I've never seen the dolphin feeding, or ever really had the chance to enjoy The Seas. I've never fully explored all the stores. (Yes, that is where my savings will go more than likely). So we are going to "fully" experience the F&W Festival.

The last day of our visit is still open on which park we'll visit. I'll do a resort or Downtown Disney ADR depending on how we feel that day.

I don't know how it will work, but even with the restriction of being in the same park for 4 days, it's also giving me a strange sense of freedom and relaxation knowing that the planning is at a minimum and our time schedule isn't regulated by multiple ADR's.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
princessap
DIS Veteran

I am wondering the same thing *kind of*
We have one day park hoppers to use and we r doing a quick trip in March. Planned to do mK but am now wondering if we should hop to epcot or hs that night??

If we dont use the hopper passes should I save them and buy regular passes instead?

Can we do mk go to epcot and then go back to mk for wishes??
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #23
married2mm
DIS Veteran

i would also go with the "cost per hop" logic.

coming from the uk-our tickets allow unlimited access to all 6 parks and disney quest.
therefore we hop nonstop -

can't imagine it any other way.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can we do mk go to epcot and then go back to mk for wishes??
With a hopper pass, yes, you can do this all on the same day.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: