Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #31
TowMater92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
The lounge at the top of Bay Lake Towers.
Its open to anyone staying in BLT so you pay for it. That's like saying club level is restricted(you pay extra for it) or certain pools are restricted(like SAB where only guest of that resort can use it but those guests paid for it)
TowMater92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater92 View Post
Its open to anyone staying in BLT so you pay for it. That's like saying club level is restricted(you pay extra for it) or certain pools are restricted(like SAB where only guest of that resort can use it but those guests paid for it)
No it is not open to anyone staying there, it is open only to DVC members. If you pay cash to stay at BLT, you do not access.

It is strictly for DVC club members. In fact until recently it was only for DVC members staying there. They recently opened it to any DVC members staying at DVC resorts.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/..._bay_lake.html
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #33
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
No it is not open to anyone staying there, it is open only to DVC members. If you pay cash to stay at BLT, you do not access.

It is strictly for DVC club members. In fact until recently it was only for DVC members staying there. They recently opened it to any DVC members staying at DVC resorts.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/..._bay_lake.html
There have been a lot of reports of guests staying on points being able to access the lounge without being (or being accompanied by) a DVC member.

So while it appears to be a DVC exclusive location, it no longer appears to be a DVC MEMBER exclusive location.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #34
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
There have been a lot of reports of guests staying on points being able to access the lounge without being (or being accompanied by) a DVC member.

So while it appears to be a DVC exclusive location, it no longer appears to be a DVC MEMBER exclusive location.
It has never been clear on how the resorts distinguish between members and non-members staying on points, or that they do it properly. When the Internet became free to "DVC members staying on points", it seemed it also applied to others staying on points. Many non-members using points have "DVC MEMBER" on their KTTW cards, and sometimes that's all that is needed.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #35
Experiment113
Mouseketeer

WHAT?!?!?! Hoop-De-doo is SO popular!!!! (and funny) I don't think they will be getting rid of it anytime soon!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #36
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

There is no way this rumor is true. Hoop Dee Doo has been running since the 70's and is just as popular now as it was then. We have seen it 3 times and plan to see it again in June.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
chipdale74
Mouseketeer

I certainly hope that is not true. I LOVE that show and have been going to it since I first went to Disney in 79. I want to take my four year old to it next time. She will absolutely love it.

mike : maddie samicasey
chipdale74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #38
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

The information I had was that this was true to an extent. It was supposed to be closed starting in August, but plans changed. There ARE plans out there that involve shutting down both places, but u believe they are supposed to be moved. However, those are dependant on the dvc plans which were put in hold in favor of the grand flo dvc. I think the poly is next in line for a dvc makeover so I personally don't see HDD closing anytime soon

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #39
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

I read on epcyclopdeida.com that permits that had expired for the new DVC resort at Fort Wilderness have been refiled. I imagine that work will restart/continue on this project. With the GF DVC set to open next fall, it makes sense. We've been trying to figure out what the hotel theme will be. Something log cabinish is probably too similiar to WL so were excited to see what they'll be doing.

http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/...truction-soon/
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
Ozzie
Earning My Ears

Hoop de do rumor

I do know for quite a few years now DVC members had been suggesting over & over that River Country should be renovated and reopened as a DVC recreation area. WHen I heard that I suggested it to my DVC guide also.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #41
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
I do know for quite a few years now DVC members had been suggesting over & over that River Country should be renovated and reopened as a DVC recreation area. WHen I heard that I suggested it to my DVC guide also.
As I post in many Reopen River Country threads they would have to bulldoze everything and start over. Even if they kept everything in pristine condition it wouldn't work as a water park today.

Last edited by chartle; 10-11-2012 at 09:38 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #42
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
As I post in many Reopen River Country threads they would have bulldoze everything and start over. Even if they kept everything in pristine condition it wouldn't work as a water park today.
Why not?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #43
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Why not?
I have visited RC twice, once as a teenager and once as the father of a 8 and 9 year old.

Here you go:
  • The main pool was over 10 feet deep and even had rocks around it that encouraged diving. Yes at one time in the US people were allowed to dive into deep water. When they rehabbed the main pool at FW they decreased the depth and I don't think it wasn't close to that deep.
  • The body slides dumped you into over 6 feet of water. 6 feet of murky water that if you went down the lifeguards had maybe 1 foot of visibility (get back to that later)
  • The tube slides were designed like a lazy river where people could get bunched up, jump out of their tube and cause shenanigans.
  • The water came from the lake. It was pumped in and filtered a bit and maybe heated and thats the water that was used for everything but that deep pool I described above. Since RC was built there has been a FL law passed that outlaws using natural sources of of water for swimming pools.

It boils down to RC was a first gen themed water park and would be an insurance nightmare today.

Last edited by chartle; 10-11-2012 at 09:46 PM.
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #44
jenpink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have visited RC twice, once as a teenager and once as the father of a 8 and 9 year old.

Here you go:
  • The main pool was over 10 feet deep and even had rocks around it that encouraged diving. Yes at one time in the US people were allowed to dive into deep water. When they rehabbed the main pool at FW they decreased the depth and I don't think it wasn't close to that deep.
  • The body slides dumped you into over 6 feet of water. 6 feet of murky water that if you went down the lifeguards had maybe 1 foot of visibility (get back to that later)
  • The tube slides were designed like a lazy river where people could get bunched up, jump out of their tube and cause shenanigans.
  • The water came from the lake. It was pumped in and filtered a bit and maybe heated and thats the water that was used for everything but that deep pool I described above. Since RC was built there has been a FL law passed that outlaws using natural sources of of water for swimming pools.

It boils down to RC was a first gen themed water park and would be an insurance nightmare today.
But oh so much fun at the time
jenpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #45
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[*]The water came from the lake. It was pumped in and filtered a bit and maybe heated and thats the water that was used for everything but that deep pool I described above. Since RC was built there has been a FL law passed that outlaws using natural sources of of water for swimming pools. [/LIST]
Actually, this is not true.

LINK

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: