Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #226
bentopher
Mouseketeer

So I have my reservation for May 2013...

And I have it booked so I have a priority room with pool view (60's building I'm told). But after much thought, I don't think I want the pool view. I'm worried at the noise (only at night) in the pool area when I'm trying to sleep.

So I think I might just take the priority room (with no pool view), but of course wanted to add a request So between 50's, 60's and 70's - if you could choose - which area do you like best. I have 2 boys.. 6 and 5 years old.

Thanks

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #227
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post

And I have it booked so I have a priority room with pool view (60's building I'm told). But after much thought, I don't think I want the pool view. I'm worried at the noise (only at night) in the pool area when I'm trying to sleep.

So I think I might just take the priority room (with no pool view), but of course wanted to add a request So between 50's, 60's and 70's - if you could choose - which area do you like best. I have 2 boys.. 6 and 5 years old.

Thanks
I always request the 50's now. Preferred in either building 1 or 3 put you close to Classic Hall, but not facing the pool. The 50's section has its own nice Bowling Pool too.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #228
dawnball
bouncie bouncie...
You don't want the camels to spit on you

I have a question about the keyboard next to the computer pool. I never paid much attention, but is it made out of that soft-ish foam stuff that they use at the play areas? It looks a couple inches thick, and smooth (like the keys aren't raised).

(I know, this is a completely odd question, but isn't that what message boards are for?)

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #229
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

How are the beds at Pop? For example I love the beds at CSR, but hate the new beds at POFQ. I hate a hard mattress and want one that's fairly soft.

At home I have a 6" memory foam mattress on my bed with a gel top on top of that and use a big, soft, memory foam pillow. I don't expect Pop beds to be that comfortable, but how do they compare to say the ones at CSR or POFQ?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #230
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Just got back -- great trip!

DS20 and I got back last night -- we had an OUTSTANDING trip! Got what I asked for at Pop -- 60's, lake view. It was nice! We had one issue with the room -- the toilet wouldn't stop running, so we called and they fixed it while we were gone for the day. No towel animals, which disappointed DS a little, but no big deal.

Everything went very well -- we got out on Monday on an earlier stand-by flight, so we were at Disney 5 hours before we thought we would be. Both flights left and landed right on time. We rarely had to wait for a bus. ME was great. Did the F&W -- had lots of terrific food (and none of the W -- I don't really drink, and DS20 is .... well, 20). DS did American Idol -- hadn't planned on it, but decided once we got there. (He didn't win, but they did the hour's video package on him -- that was a lot of fun -- they guy who won (not sour grapes, just bemusement) wasn't as good a singer as DS, but had the underdog thing going for him, we think -- had never been on a stage, sang a country song -- and the video package highlighted that DS is a professional musician. Oh well. It was lots of fun anyway. We saw the Dapper Dans -- one of DS's favorite things. Listened to the Voices of Liberty, which blew DS away. I had a great trip with my wonderful son, and I was very happy to be able to do that!

And the trip was made even better -- DH got an offer for a terrific job (he's been out of work since May) and started Wednesday. I start my new job on Monday, so we're all employed!

Thanks everyone here for the help with Pop questions! I really appreciate it. And Aubriee, the beds are really hard.

PS -- I left my jacket in the room -- realized it on the ME bus to the airport and called Pop right away. They transferred me to Lost & Found. Anyone have success getting something left behind mailed to you?

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09

Last edited by erincon23; 10-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #231
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I think I posted on the last POP thread, but then I switched my resort several times. Now I am back at POP and very excited to see it in 64 days!!! This thread is really great. Trust me, I have read a lot of resort threads in the last few weeks. This one is a great balance of friendly and informative. All of the excitement about POP is one of the things that made me switch back, especially those of you that stayed somewhere else, but said you were coming back to POP next year.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #232
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Bldg 3 or 2 would be a good fit (50s) ... the parking lot is convenient and you can be in a lake view room ... there ARE pretty special.... :

Perfectly stated. We are booked for next August too, as well as several others ... and suspect more will be poppin' in if FD is released for next August. It's hot, humid but we love it!!
Ya know, I went this August for the first time, and I was really nervous about how hot and humid it would be and (while, it was humid!) it was just like back home here in MN. And we actually really loved it! It was great. School still out in MN, but not in the south so it was pretty uncrowded. We loved having an excuse to swim. Otherwise we usually keep putting it off, and never get around to it. it was nice to take it so slow!

I am hoping they offer FD, too. But still going either way! August now is our fave time....since we can't go anymore while school is session since both kids are in school now....
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #233
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
PS -- I left my jacket in the room -- realized it on the ME bus to the airport and called Pop right away. They transferred me to Lost & Found. Anyone have success getting something left behind mailed to you?
I got a postcard in the mail once that said I had left something at POP. I called the number to tell them I didn't think I was missing anything, but then they described one of my Disney shirts and I told them it WAS mine. It was a white shirt and it was jumbled up in the towels. They mailed it to me right away for free.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #234
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Ya know, I went this August for the first time, and I was really nervous about how hot and humid it would be and (while, it was humid!) it was just like back home here in MN. And we actually really loved it! It was great. School still out in MN, but not in the south so it was pretty uncrowded. We loved having an excuse to swim. Otherwise we usually keep putting it off, and never get around to it. it was nice to take it so slow!

I am hoping they offer FD, too. But still going either way! August now is our fave time....since we can't go anymore while school is session since both kids are in school now....
We've gone the last few Augusts, too. Actually met the coolest DISer last time -- our own Janet B! Anyway, I'm always surprised at how many days when I'd talk with DH about how things were in Michigan, his high temperature of the day would be higher than what we were having a WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I got a postcard in the mail once that said I had left something at POP. I called the number to tell them I didn't think I was missing anything, but then they described one of my Disney shirts and I told them it WAS mine. It was a white shirt and it was jumbled up in the towels. They mailed it to me right away for free.
That happened to my sister when her family stayed at POR. One of the kid's PJ shirt got left in the bed when she was packing up to leave. They got a postcard and the PJ shirt was mailed to Minnesota after she called to confirm it was, indeed, their shirt.

WDW does an excellent job with lost and found. I once left a little cosmetic bag with my contact lenses and solution on a bus when we got off at TL. I immediately missed it and talked with Guest Services. They said they'd try to track it down and have it sent to Pop. Well, I was sure I was never going to see that bag again. Lo and behold, when we got back to Pop later that night, I asked at the front desk and the CM went to the backroom. She came out about 5 minutes later with my bag and everything that was in it. Awesome!

Old 10-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #235
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

NEW Fantasyland open NOW, 10-12-12

If you are lucky enough to be down there today, RUN don't WALK to MK! They are doing soft-openings today with the LM ride and forest open! No word on how many days if any it will be open.

SPOILER: Pics can be found at http://www.wdwmagic.com/.

So jealous, I have to wait another 2 weeks!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #236
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

11 days until my two youngest and I check into POP!! We are so excited. We've stayed at a couple of other resorts and visited others, but POP is home. Can't wait to be there again!!

I'm debating a couple of things about this trip. We're contemplating either purchasing bottled water from Target/Walmart or walking over to AoA to buy a case of water which I had read was offered over there. I guess we could try Garden Grocer as well. Does anyone know how much the case of water at AoA is or if they are still offering it? Has anyone had apartcularly good experience with shipping water from Target/Walmart? What about Garden Grocer? We are bringing our refillable Kleen Kanteen bottles as well, but want to have extra bottles just in case. Thanks for the help!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #237
vkg090902
Earning My Ears

Door & window size

Yeah we are 17 days from arriving at POP for Halloween. Can someone please provide the diminsions of the window and door so we can decorate our room for the holiday.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #238
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkg090902 View Post
Yeah we are 17 days from arriving at POP for Halloween. Can someone please provide the diminsions of the window and door so we can decorate our room for the holiday.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The window dimensions are: 37 3/4" X 59". I don't know about the door. Maybe someone else can POP in and help us out on that one.

We're decorating our window at POP for Halloween as well! Happy planning!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 10-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #239
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I always request the 50's now. Preferred in either building 1 or 3 put you close to Classic Hall, but not facing the pool. The 50's section has its own nice Bowling Pool too.
Agree with jcarwash ... the 50s is a great location - preferred or standard. Just to point out, the preferred areas are are the same side as the pool, but down closer to Classic Hall (with one pref area on the backside of bldg 1, facing the parking lot).

70s is a great area as well, convenient to Classic Hall and busing. Your 2 boys might love the foosball area in the 70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
How are the beds at Pop? For example I love the beds at CSR, but hate the new beds at POFQ. I hate a hard mattress and want one that's fairly soft.

At home I have a 6" memory foam mattress on my bed with a gel top on top of that and use a big, soft, memory foam pillow. I don't expect Pop beds to be that comfortable, but how do they compare to say the ones at CSR or POFQ?
Not soft. On the hard side. You might want to rethink POP or bring a memory foam mattress (if you are driving).

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #240
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post

We actually are very used to August now too. We love the cheaper seaons, slightly lower crowds, discounts/FD, and, we like it hot to swim so we are pretty much guaranteed that!!

And with my DD in 9th grade this year with very little time off in the school year, it is August for vacatons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We've gone the last few Augusts, too. Actually met the coolest DISer last time -- our own Janet B! Anyway, I'm always surprised at how many days when I'd talk with DH about how things were in Michigan, his high temperature of the day would be higher than what we were having a WDW.
Thanks Sandi ....I told everyone that I met a pretty cool POPer too!! I hope we can meet up again this August!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: