Join Date: Feb 2006
WE'RE CANCELLING CHRISTMAS (Take 2)- Dec. 4 to 8, 2012 TR (Day 5, Part 2 Posted)
Now, I should probably start off here with an explanation of the title of this PTR/TR. In 2009 my hubby and I decided that we'd rather take a family vacation and have a very tiny Christmas, so that's exactly what we did. The kids got only a few books, some PJ's and a gift from Santa. But in exchange we all got to go to Disneyworld! The TR for that trip was called "WE'RE CANCELLING CHRISTMAS", so it was only natural that we call this the same name (Take 2), since we had decided on a similar situation.
Here's the link to that trip report, in case you want to read up a bit on who we are, how I write and what I like to share.
The Disney Finale: WE'RE CANCELLING CHRISTMAS
. Now you might note that this was actually titled "The Disney Finale: WE'RE CANCELLING CHRISTMAS" because we had decided that we needed to take the kids somewhere other than Disney (gasp at the thought!) for a vacation, so we fully intended for this to be the last family Disney trip. Well, push comes to shove and where do we decide to go on our next vacation... Disney, of course!
Index of Posts:
Disneyland Day 1, Part 1
Disneyland Day 1, Part 2
Disneyland Day 1, Part 3
Disneyland Day 1, Part 4
Disneyland Day 2, Part 1
Disneyland Day 2, Part 2
Disneyland Day 2, Part 3
Disneyland Day 2, Part 4
Disneyland Day 2, Part 5
Disneyland Day 3, Part 1
Disneyland Day 3, Part 2
Disneyland Day 3, Part 3
Disneyland Day 3, Part 4
Disneyland Day 3, Part 5
Disneyland Day 4, Part 1
Disneyland Day 4, Part 2
Disneyland Day 4, Part 3
Disneyland Day 4, Part 4
Disneyland Day 4, Part 5
Disneyland Day 5, Part 1
Disneyland Day 5, Part 2
OK, on with the cast of characters:
- Myself - Annette, age 38. I was named after Annette Funicello, so I think I was born with a love of all things Disney. This will be my 10th trip to a Disney park and I fall a little more in love with it every time. I own my own portrait photography business, work part-time for a local credit union, design scrapbook pages for magazines and manufacturers, read a ton, craft a lot and really enjoy spending time with my family. Life is busy and chaotic at times, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it. It's been quite a ride and I can't wait to enjoy this next adventure.
- DH - Brian, age 38. We've been married 18 years and have been through a lot together. He's my soulmate and I think he's absolutely the best man alive. He's in law enforcement and sometimes works crazy hours to help support our family and our community.
- DS - Chase, age 16. This one inherited my red hair and my love of Disney. He's just as nuts for it as I am and he can't wait until he's in college so he can apply for the college summer program. He grew up wanting to be an Imagineer, though reality has set in a little and he's now aiming for either Engineer or something in mathematics. He's an absolute braniac and amazes me with his mind. He's an Eagle Scout, runs cross country and really enjoys theater. He's also a Mindcraft fanatic. As a side note, on our last WDW trip he purchased the "hidden Mickey" book and literally walked around with his nose stuck in it for days. I got him the DLR one for his birthday last month, so I think we'll be finding lots of hidden Mickey's this trip.
- DS- Tristan, age 14. He's such a fun, loving kid! He hit a growth spurt and is now right at 6 feet tall (with still many more years of growing ahead of him). He loves sports and plays football, basketball and track field sports. He's also my taekwondo extrordinaire, having participated for 5 years. He should be earning his black belt next year sometime and I'm so excited for him! He's also on his last rank before Eagle Scout, so I think I'll have another Eagle in the next year or two. He loves to play trombone and Minecraft. I love taking him to Disney because he laughs and chuckles through every ride. It's just so much fun!
- DD - Carissa, age 11. Our little girl, so carefree and wild. One minute full of laughter and fun, the next full of crossed arms and stomping feet. We're quickly learning what an adventure raising a pre-teen daughter is. She loves all things girly and will probably be wearing a skirt or dress every day of the trip. She absolutely loves to ride horses. She plays flute and basketball. She doesn't take anything too seriously and just likes to have fun.
Here are a few photos of our family from our last Disney trip, WDW in 2009. Keep in mind, they all look so different now!
There's more to come, so stay tuned...
Last edited by pixleyyy; 01-23-2013 at 07:03 PM.