Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #211
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher
I just booked today!! I'm coming!!

First time at Pop Century!!

We (me and my 2 boys 6 & 5) will be staying from May 15 -19 for 4 nights. And then we are moving over to the Caribbean Beach Resort for 3 nights.

I have a "preferred pool view" Generally speaking, which areas am I likely to end up having a room?

Oh and are any of the pools at Pop zero entry pools?

Thanks
I remembered that the kids splash/pool next to Hippy Dippy pool is zero entry, but it's not a swimming pool, just a place for little ones to get wet.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #212
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

cool pics! I wasn't sure I was excited about staying here for a night in Dec. now I think I am! it looks fun! I'd like to get a room out back,near the lake, is that considered special? We have a car..I like the farther out places....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #213
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Well crud, I just tried to add the request of a king bed and was told that king beds cost more and that I would have had to book a king room, that it can't be a request. I asked if it could just be noted on our account that we'd like one if available and she said there was no way to do that for a king, unless she went and looked up to see if one was available for those dates and that the king rooms cost more....etc.

I tried looking online to see if the Pop had a king category when booking and they don't.....so how would you book a king room?

Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #214
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Well crud, I just tried to add the request of a king bed and was told that king beds cost more and that I would have had to book a king room, that it can't be a request. I asked if it could just be noted on our account that we'd like one if available and she said there was no way to do that for a king, unless she went and looked up to see if one was available for those dates and that the king rooms cost more....etc.

I tried looking online to see if the Pop had a king category when booking and they don't.....so how would you book a king room?
Whomever told you that was very wrong. Some of the other resorts have a separate booking category for Kings, but POP does not. Call back and speak to someone else and add that request.

Unfortunately phone CMs are often not well informed and just plain wrong!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #215
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I actually called back and got a nice CM that said she'd be glad to add that request. She pulled up my reservation and said it was already there? How odd is that? The other CM told me she couldn't add it......do you think she figured it out after she hung up with me?

Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #216
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
I actually called back and got a nice CM that said she'd be glad to add that request. She pulled up my reservation and said it was already there? How odd is that? The other CM told me she couldn't add it......do you think she figured it out after she hung up with me?
Possibly. Maybe she was new and asked someone after you hung up and they told her that she was mistaken about POP having a separate option for King. Glad you got it taken care of!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #217
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2
cool pics! I wasn't sure I was excited about staying here for a night in Dec. now I think I am! it looks fun! I'd like to get a room out back,near the lake, is that considered special? We have a car..I like the farther out places....
Nope....those lake view rooms would be considered standard view rooms! Amazing, huh??

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #218
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:

no way! sorry you got a misinformed cm! i requested a king bed back in july when we booked. hope you're not staying there when i am because i want that king! haha, jk. king is our first priority request, so i really hope we get it.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #219
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack

It sounds like you got your situation resolved with your request, but keep in mind that the number of king rooms for the size of the resort is very small. Hopefully you will be able to get one, but if it is a busier time, well.....
Wishing You Luck!!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #220
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Ahhhhhh. After not staying here on our last vacation (and REALLLLLY missing it!) I just booked this morning for an 11 night trip to Pop next August. Cannot wait!

On our last trip we bussed to Pop and walked over to AoA. However, walking into Pop was SO like "coming home". I was truly sad we weren't staying there (and we were coming from AKL!).

Nothing like Pop. The sights, the sounds, the smells, the vibe. LOVE IT!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #221
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Call back wrong info!

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #222
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Ahhhhhh. After not staying here on our last vacation (and REALLLLLY missing it!) I just booked this morning for an 11 night trip to Pop next August. Cannot wait!

On our last trip we bussed to Pop and walked over to AoA. However, walking into Pop was SO like "coming home". I was truly sad we weren't staying there (and we were coming from AKL!).

Looks like we will be there the same time. We booked before we left. Wanted to make sure we got our FD again.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #223
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
Bldg 3 or 2 would be a good fit (50s) ... the parking lot is convenient and you can be in a lake view room ... there ARE pretty special.... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post

Perfectly stated. We are booked for next August too, as well as several others ... and suspect more will be poppin' in if FD is released for next August. It's hot, humid but we love it!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #224
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

We'll be heading down in just under two weeks for our 4th stay at Pop. I love so much about Pop:
-the value prices make it a good choice for an economical trip
-the food court is a cut above many others on property
-bus service has always been at least acceptable, if not superb
-the loose and funky "feel" of the place
-how surprisingly compact it is (such an easy walk between any two points!)

Even having stayed at moderate and deluxe levels before, I still find Pop suitable for our family (two adults and two teens) although I do wish the beds could be a smidge bigger.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #225
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I'm due to arrive on the 31st so I had inquired about this and since we won't get there until later... I figured I wouldn't want to go to a park that late and DTD might be a zoo with the locals... so here is what I was able to find out...
This is last year's schedule. I would think this year's would be similar but at least this could be a starting point??

POP Century Halloween Activities
Candy Apples
Trinkets
Trick or Treat bag decorating
Popcorn Hands
Coloring
Temporary Tattoos
Cookie Decorating
Lollipop Ghosts
Face painting (extra cost)
DJ 4:30-8:30pm
Haunted Maze dusk-9pm
Halloween Goofy 5:30-8pm
Costume Parade 7:45pm (kids walk around the pool area)
Trick or Treating 8-9pm
Ghost Stories 9-10pm
Thank you stitchlovestink for providing us with this list of Halloween happenings and activities that you enjoyed last year .... let's hope POP continues to offer all these activities for the kids (and adults ) this year.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: