Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #16
jenne
Undercover Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Thank you so much! Pricing townhouses, even going at the end of spring break, it seems to be the way to go. I'm nervous about working with an owner, but I'm sure we'll be fine.

We are most definitely driving. From our home in western NY it will be about a 20 hour drive. But, it will save us about $1000. Using the end of the boys' break will buy us a bit of extra travel time to make up for the driving time.

As far as food goes, I probably will not pack dinners, but do not mind having breakfast at the house. We may eat a few off-site meals to save on food costs, but I'll just budget a bit more for food per day.

We are planning a Carnival cruise, for 4 nights. 5 days at Disney, 4 night cruise. Did you feel rushed through either part of your vacation? I am concerned about that as we are trying to kill two birds with one stone...I don't want to feel shortchanged on either end.

Thank you for your response! Much appreciated!
Like you, the cruise wasn't my idea. It was our first trip with Carnival, and we were pleasantly surprised. I only felt rushed at Disney because I have never taken a trip that short there before. Our drive is so long, it is hardly worth it for less than a week. That said, it was important that everyone had a good time on the vacation, so a few sacrificed days at Disney were worth staying in my husband's good books - Disney really isn't his thing at all! I am slowly working on him, though!