Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #391
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks
I booked the Fantasy for 2013 as soon as the rates came out and the price is still the same, so I agree that for most sailings and categories this is probably true. Different story for something special like Hawaii or something new.
What date did you book for? I'm looking at June 2013 either 1week or 3rd. January if definatley a better time for us to book but when I booked the dream for 2012 my five day cat 4b 5 passengers, jumped 1000 because I had to wait a month to come up with deposit. It makes sense though, if dcl is doing the same thing for the 3rd yr in a row then many people might "jump ship" so to speak and try oasis class ships for something different on another line.

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #392
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4fun View Post
A family of 4 can get that dec. 28,2013 cruise for 8800.00 5e level with no discounts, today. Some of the opening day prices are not much of a discount.
Opening day rates for a 5D for 12/28/13 were:

5D 2A2C [14,10] $7919.88 no ins/trns *10/23/11

5E from other dates is about $50 less, which means this would have been a $900 savings or a little more than 10%...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #393
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68 View Post
Rumor is spreading that the Eastern MAY include San Juan again and the Western MAY include Jamaica (from a friend's newsletter)
Jamaica is a very good possibility but not sure about being for Fantasy. There is a ghost ship scheduled for part of 2014 already. It could be for Magic or Wonder...

That said, if it is for Fantasy, then it would imply a new itinerary and hence gold/platinum CC members would get first dibs. I'm more inclined towards this being an option on Magic/Wonder as part of new or modified itineraries or even new ports...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #394
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Does anyone know if there is much of a difference between xmas & NY celebrations on the Dream class vs the classic ships? I would LOVE to cruise over one or the other but can't decide on which holiday either...
Old 10-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #395
eoliver921
Earning My Ears

Any have an opinion on whether 8A rooms w two port holes are better than B, C and D? The price difference is only about $200.
eoliver921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #396
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

you will get 2 awesome windows but no curtain.
mom4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #397
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoliver921
Any have an opinion on whether 8A rooms w two port holes are better than B, C and D? The price difference is only about $200.
On Dream/Fantasy some of those rooms on Deck 5 are more like mini suites with a dividing wall between the bed area and the sofa area. No divided rooms on Deck 6. Note no split baths in 8A. There is a topic discussing the rooms and listing which have the divider.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #398
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
What did you book for that amount? I imagine 7night inside?
Yep - exactly- 7 night inside. A porthole was about $600 more. I just didn't want to spend the extra $$. We haven't stayed inside before. I'm a little worried since I really loved the natural light. But I'm really just happy to be on the ship. Our friends are right across the hall, so I suppose I can mooch sunlight from them!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #399
CMW0021
Earning My Ears

Newbie confused, some basic questions

This will be our first disney cruise. We are planning 2014, don't really care about the date at as our children are still pretty young. Couple of questions:

What is a dummy cruise? What is the benefit to booking a dummy cruise?
If I book opening day for 2014 for the fantasy/dream for their typical cruise but then decide to switch it to the magic/wonder if I like their itinerary better, is there a penalty?

I am considering dreams unlimited as an agent. I'm sure they're swamped right now but would anyone be willing to give their agent's email? I'm not sure how to make a reservation for a quote when the dates are only through 2013 in their system.

Thanks in advance!!
CMW0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #400
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW0021 View Post
This will be our first disney cruise. We are planning 2014, don't really care about the date at as our children are still pretty young. Couple of questions:

If I book opening day for 2014 for the fantasy/dream for their typical cruise but then decide to switch it to the magic/wonder if I like their itinerary better, is there a penalty?

Thanks in advance!!
When you're on a Disney cruise and book a future cruise you get a 10% discount. Lots of cruisers have no idea when they'll actually want to cruise again, so they book a "dummy" cruise, which is just a place holder, and pay a 10% down payment (half of the normal deposit.) When they decide the actual cruise date they want, they'll move the "dummy" booking to that date.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #401
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW0021 View Post

I am considering dreams unlimited as an agent. I'm sure they're swamped right now but would anyone be willing to give their agent's email? I'm not sure how to make a reservation for a quote when the dates are only through 2013 in their system.

Thanks in advance!!
If you don't care about date, then you don't need to do an opening day booking. Most dates will not start to go up in price for many months away. If you want great weather and great prices, May is a good month.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #402
dishm12/08
Obsessing Over Our Disneymoon. One Day At A Time

I looked at the deck plans but I want to be sure I didn't miss anything. The decks that interest us are 7,8,9 on Dream. I have written down the types of staterooms on each of these decks for Fantasy. They look to be the same stateroom types for Dream. Am I right?
dishm12/08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #403
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishm12/08 View Post
I looked at the deck plans but I want to be sure I didn't miss anything. The decks that interest us are 7,8,9 on Dream. I have written down the types of staterooms on each of these decks for Fantasy. They look to be the same stateroom types for Dream. Am I right?
They are sister ships so they have generally the same layout. Some bars have different names IIRC.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #404
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

My prediction for the Magic for summer of 2014 is to return to NYC. After seeing so many specials for Galveston sailings, I don't think I saw any for NYC sailings. Heck once you factor KSF, it's the same price for us to sail a 6 nt from Galveston and we would have paid for a 2 nt from NYC. (if all 4 of sailed it.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see some specials out of Miami too.

NYC $ allows DCL to charge big bucks with no specials necessary.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #405
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2
My prediction for the Magic for summer of 2014 is to return to NYC. After seeing so many specials for Galveston sailings, I don't think I saw any for NYC sailings. Heck once you factor KSF, it's the same price for us to sail a 6 nt from Galveston and we would have paid for a 2 nt from NYC. (if all 4 of sailed it.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see some specials out of Miami too.

NYC $ allows DCL to charge big bucks with no specials necessary.
There would be no KSF specials if there were sailing from Galveston in the summer. I really think they could fill the ship if they offered summer cruises. The price I paid for my holiday sailing from Galveston was very close to the same sailing on the Fantasy from Florida. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: