Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #346
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2DisneyKids View Post
Thanks for the link. Are there any other requests to make for a water view in the Royal Rooms?
You could ask for upper floor if you like (to avoid people dancing on the ceiling) but location-wise there are not that many rooms within the overall category, so other than asking for a specific building there's not much to choose. Not sure if all of the ground floor rooms in that row count as water view or garden view, as there's quite a bit of foliage around.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #347
Just2DisneyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You could ask for upper floor if you like (to avoid people dancing on the ceiling) but location-wise there are not that many rooms within the overall category, so other than asking for a specific building there's not much to choose. Not sure if all of the ground floor rooms in that row count as water view or garden view, as there's quite a bit of foliage around.

Andre
Thanks Andre! I've been studying your site and the map of Riverside and that was the conclusion I came to, too. I'll just leave it at a request for Oak Manor!
Can't wait!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #348
princessand2princes
Earning My Ears

We will be checking in quite late to POR in January- our flight arrives at 10:30pm, then we are taking magical express to the resort. Any tips to make this easier with 3 very young children? Is it possible for them to oversell the resort and not get the room category we booked (payed extra for preferred)? Is online checkin a good idea?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #349
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Seeking Advice

We'll be traveling as 2 adults and one almost-3 year old who still sleeps in a crib. Suggestions on a room location or type? Would you just recommend having 2 queen beds and having her sleep (hopefully!) in one of them? Thanks!
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #350
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessand2princes View Post
We will be checking in quite late to POR in January- our flight arrives at 10:30pm, then we are taking magical express to the resort. Any tips to make this easier with 3 very young children? Is it possible for them to oversell the resort and not get the room category we booked (payed extra for preferred)? Is online checkin a good idea?
One thing we learned from the grand twins (if you haven't done already) is to have them in their PJ's for late night adventures. It makes it easier as they are half asleep and sometimes cranky already. They can be slid right into bed while you settle in. Check in that late at night should be quicker also. We do this alot when taking them to the parks at night.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
Old 10-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #351
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

RGR.... Confused

We keep going back & forth on room views and am looking for some input. By looking at the maps, I understand where the RGR's are located. My confusion is the room views. I realize the type of view you'll get with each one but my question is will one view be any closer to the main pool & lobby than the other? ie: Will a standard view be a further walk to the main building and pool than let's say a garden or water view? We've never stayed at POR but are strongly considering it for our next trip. We're looking at going in August & would prefer to be closer to minimize the outside walking. I know the preferred rooms would be closer but we don't like the look of the AB rooms. Suggestions on room view and building to be closer?

Old 10-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #352
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessand2princes View Post
Anything is possible - but as a general rule, you book a preferred so you get a preferred.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #353
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Suggestions on room view and building to be closer?
Apart from Preferred (AB only), the room categories define a view from your window rather than any particular location within the resort.

That said, a Water View in the Royal rooms (i.e. a room overlooking the quiet pool) will by definition be closer the bridge over to the main building than (say) a Standard View room. And most River View rooms will be very nicely located too, although some at the far end of Parterre Place might be a little further along the pathway.

The VERY best rooms would be the northern-most River Views in Partrere Place, but as there are only a few of those I'd suggest booking Water or River View, and requesting Oak Manor if possible.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #354
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Apart from Preferred (AB only), the room categories define a view from your window rather than any particular location within the resort.

That said, a Water View in the Royal rooms (i.e. a room overlooking the quiet pool) will by definition be closer the bridge over to the main building than (say) a Standard View room. And most River View rooms will be very nicely located too, although some at the far end of Parterre Place might be a little further along the pathway.

The VERY best rooms would be the northern-most River Views in Partrere Place, but as there are only a few of those I'd suggest booking Water or River View, and requesting Oak Manor if possible.

Andre
Thanks so much Andre...that helps a lot!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #355
SunnyDey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEsq View Post
We'll be traveling as 2 adults and one almost-3 year old who still sleeps in a crib. Suggestions on a room location or type? Would you just recommend having 2 queen beds and having her sleep (hopefully!) in one of them? Thanks!
We visited last year in November and are going back in about 9 days again. DD just turned three, and we are planning on staying in one of the royal rooms with a garden view. We requested Oak Manor to be a little closer to the main pool. We plan to have DD sleep in one of the queen beds with me, and DH will sleep in the other (he is a big guy and used to his king bed at home). We did the queen beds last year, and it worked out just fine with DD, who was at that time sleeping in a crib. We are so excited about the royal rooms this year!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #356
Mufasa&Simba
Mouseketeer

We'll be staying here for the 4th time next month, but for some reason I can't remember all the condiments (free) they provide in Riverside Mill. I know there is the jelly and honey packets and I believe butter too, but I'm wondering about Mayonnaise.... we ordered a big order from Garden Grocer but did not order mayo (we ordered stuff for making sandwiches)..... so what else is there?
November 2012 POR May 2014 POFQ
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #357
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa&Simba View Post
We'll be staying here for the 4th time next month, but for some reason I can't remember all the condiments (free) they provide in Riverside Mill. I know there is the jelly and honey packets and I believe butter too, but I'm wondering about Mayonnaise.... we ordered a big order from Garden Grocer but did not order mayo (we ordered stuff for making sandwiches)..... so what else is there?
hmmmm. good question! this will be our first time onsite and I did not know about these. Are they out all day??? Or just the jelly/honey in the morning and then mayo/mustard at lunch and dinner?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #358
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to our first stay at POR end of January! Will be stalking this thread in the meantime. LOL

We will be in AB rooms (there are 5 of us) Garden View. We didn't book preferred. Any suggestions on room requests for easiest access to pool, Restaurant and bus stop?

My only concern is the busses - I must stop reading the negative comments! LOL But I just want to be prepared as well.

I'm sure I'll be back with a kazillion more questions within the next few months.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 10-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #359
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Just sent in our faxed room request. Yay! 4 days!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 10-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #360
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Just sent in our faxed room request. Yay! 4 days!
I hope you get exactly what you requested!

I had so much trouble falling asleep last night....thinking about packing (which is an ongoing project this week) and all sorts of things. I hope I can sleep on Sat. night since we have a 6:30 a.m. flight on Sun. and will have to leave home around 4 a.m. Eeeek!

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: