Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Question Would you use Priceline??

Would you use Priceline for Car rental??.
I going to be in Orlando from Oct 27 to Nov 02. During that time I thought I would rent a car for 4 days(Oct 28 to Oct 31) . Has anyone ever used Priceline Car rental??. TIA
Tigger2ntinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
ksalis
Earning My Ears

Hi there! I have used Priceline several times and have gotten some great deals and have never had any problems. My first time using them I was so nervous that I was gonna get stuck with a clunker because I got such a low rate but that was not the case at all. I actually just bid $13 a day for a mid-size from 10/19-10/27 and my bid was accepted! I ended up with National and only paid $181 Including taxes and fees. I would definately say go for it! Good luck!
ksalis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Ksalis,
Thanks . Are there any extra fees you have to pay besides what your bid amount is ??. Does it state if the car rental will place a hold on your cc ,plus the rental price??
Tigger2ntinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
ksalis
Earning My Ears

You're welcome! Before you place your bid it will display what your final price will be. They do charge your card if your bid is accepted for the total amount of your rental. Once your bid is accepted they will e-mail you your itinerary which you will need to bring with you to the rental counter. As far as the hold that the rental companies put on your card it's the same standard amount that they would hold if you booked directly with them so it would depend on which company you end up with.
ksalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
snesguy
Mouseketeer

I've used Priceline in the past for rental cars and would recommend them. You pay 100% up front, non-refundable.

Lately I've been using Hotwire because it's easier (no bidding). You'll probably pay a little more than if you bid correctly on Priceline, but it's in the ballpark and the convenience (no bidding) can't be beat.
snesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Propro
Earning My Ears

Renting a car for the entire length of your trip might be the same or possibly cheaper than renting for only 3 or 4 days. I always look at Hotwire's prices before bidding on Priceline. You can *always* beat Hotwire's prices by bidding on PL. Good luck.
Propro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
btowndude
D23 Charter Year Member

I have used Priceline and Hotwire to get rental cars in Orlando. I usually win Hertz and have never gotten the smaller rental car companies. To me, it's the only way to get a rental car.
btowndude is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: