Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #151
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The picture that you posted in this latest set of updates shows the atrium from a different perspective and, while it does look smaller than the Dream, it didn't look tiny. I'm still not sure if I like that light fixture/chandelier in the atrium. It's a much different look than the one in the Dream's atrium.

I know that ya'll were excited to finally be aboard and ready go exploring. Well, after eating, that is. The foods on the buffet look really good.
I actually was thinking of you to owhen I ate my very plain shrimp. I loved it, but I remembered how you said you needed to have it spiced up.

Yes that is a good picture to show the size. It's not completely tiny, but the Dream is just so big compared to it.
I think of all the chandeliers from the different DCL ships...my favorite is the Dreams. I am not super impressed with the look of the Fantasy's...though I may change my mind if I see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Zebra Domes are not

Jen, the elevator story is so funny! Who knew? I would be like Lisa and fear that I was going to be the one to push it over the limit every time
I will probably try one when I stay at AKL in a few weeks. i hope I like it. If not, I'll give it to family members. Someone will eat it I'm sure.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #152
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have yet to try the zebra domes. I hear good things too...but I am leery myself. What did they taste like to you?
To be honest I don't remember. This was more than 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Zebra Domes are not
Thats what I kept reading, then I tried one...and didn't finish it.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #153
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Thats what I kept reading, then I tried one...and didn't finish it.
My family doesn't like them either, so you are not alone! It's fine with me that they don't care for them, that means I can eat the whole container
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #154
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
To be honest I don't remember. This was more than 3 years ago.



Thats what I kept reading, then I tried one...and didn't finish it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
My family doesn't like them either, so you are not alone! It's fine with me that they don't care for them, that means I can eat the whole container
Thats my fear...buying a bunch and not liking them or liking them and eating too many.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #155
BEARCATS07
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 131

This is getting me excited to sail in December!!!
BEARCATS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #156
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 38,129

Subbing to this one too...be back later.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #157
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 381

I haven't had lunch yet and all those wonderful food pictures are making a rumbly in my tummy.

I caught a glimpse of a Disney Dooney in one of your pictures. It looks like a good size. I'm eying the sketch prints on the Disneystore website. Do you have the large or the medium? I'm looking for an oversized purse tote without carrying around a huge duffel bag.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #158
rndmr2
DIS Veteran
 
rndmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,525

Just found your newest TR today but thanks to your handy links I am caught up. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! The Magic is such a pretty ship, I hope to be able to go on a DCL cruise someday.
__________________
Me (40) DH (37)
May 2010 TR May 2011 PTR May 2011 TR

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #159
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 26,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I kept her nice and safe for you!
I appreciate it

I got all excited when I read about a veranda cabin with no split bathroom. I hate the split bathrooms with a passion.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCATS07 View Post
This is getting me excited to sail in December!!!
I'll try to keep it coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Subbing to this one too...be back later.

Welcome Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMommy View Post
I haven't had lunch yet and all those wonderful food pictures are making a rumbly in my tummy.

I caught a glimpse of a Disney Dooney in one of your pictures. It looks like a good size. I'm eying the sketch prints on the Disneystore website. Do you have the large or the medium? I'm looking for an oversized purse tote without carrying around a huge duffel bag.
I think it's a large. It's like the biggest purse size before the carryon on size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Just found your newest TR today but thanks to your handy links I am caught up. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! The Magic is such a pretty ship, I hope to be able to go on a DCL cruise someday.
Welcome! I knew you would find me! I would've hunted you down eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I appreciate it

I got all excited when I read about a veranda cabin with no split bathroom. I hate the split bathrooms with a passion.

Corinna
It DOES have a split bathroom, but the review online said it didn't. I really like the split bathrooms though. I like that we can each have a spot to get ready. Plus from NCL...those bathrooms were the size of one of Disney split bathrooms. LOL SOO small on those ships.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #161
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 26,934

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It DOES have a split bathroom, but the review online said it didn't. I really like the split bathrooms though. I like that we can each have a spot to get ready. Plus from NCL...those bathrooms were the size of one of Disney split bathrooms. LOL SOO small on those ships.
Yes, we have done NCL as well. In the past I have turned down an upgrade on DCL because I did not want the split bathroom. However, this time round I figured that seeing DH's face when he realizes that we have a veranda will be worth putting up with the split bathroom.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #162
2boogersmom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 62

making me crazy!

We leave the port in EXACTLY 48 hours! Your TR is making me sooo hyper!!! I may not sleep until I get on the boat!

Awesome pics!!!
__________________
DH
me (its Diet Coke, I swear!)
DD9
DS7
2boogersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #163
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Yes, we have done NCL as well. In the past I have turned down an upgrade on DCL because I did not want the split bathroom. However, this time round I figured that seeing DH's face when he realizes that we have a veranda will be worth putting up with the split bathroom.

Corinna
Wow... I don't know if I could turn down an upgrade......I like free stuff.

You will love the veranda...I am now a veranda snob...My wallet isn't though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boogersmom View Post
We leave the port in EXACTLY 48 hours! Your TR is making me sooo hyper!!! I may not sleep until I get on the boat!

Awesome pics!!!
I am sooo jealous! Can I hide in your suitcase?
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #164
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,999

I am loving the look of that ship. I prefer plain shrimp & no spicy food! It all looks so good!

I have to say I didn't like the zebra domes at all. I was so hyped up to try them from all of the great reviews on the Dis. I was so disappointed when I finally tasted one. The tase is hard to describe, my DH said it tasted like alcohol. The interior is sort of layered & mushy. So another that totally disliked the zebra dome! This is from me who loves Beverly!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #165
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I am loving the look of that ship. I prefer plain shrimp & no spicy food! It all looks so good!

I have to say I didn't like the zebra domes at all. I was so hyped up to try them from all of the great reviews on the Dis. I was so disappointed when I finally tasted one. The tase is hard to describe, my DH said it tasted like alcohol. The interior is sort of layered & mushy. So another that totally disliked the zebra dome! This is from me who loves Beverly!
This is my fear. I have a feeling I won't like them. Does it have a chocolate taste at all? or does it have a coffee taste. I can't stand coffee so if it resembles that taste, for sure I won't like them
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: