Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran

If you aren't using a stroller for your 4 yo, remember that at the end of a long day, you will Likely be carrying him. If your ART stop is far from your room door, that gets to be a lot if weight and sore arms for Mom & Dad. Just something else to consider.

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #17
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm574 View Post
We landed on the Residence Inn because it seems to be the only place that offers reasonably priced 2-bedroom suites, which is what we require. If anyone knows a suite hotel within walking distance that would be better, please let me know!
RI Maingate

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

When our family goes to the Garden Grove Target on Harbor, we just take the #43 bus. Comes by every 15 minutes. www.octa.net
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #19
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

The ART's probably gonna be quicker too as it takes you right by the gate as opposed to a remote lot & shuttle bus if you were to drive.

Also, take advantage of one of the two Marriott Gift Card promotions going on right now to pay for your room at the Residence Inn. You can either save 10% off your room or get a few thousand Southwest airlines points free.

Southwest points
10% off
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We landed on the Residence Inn because it seems to be the only place that offers reasonably priced 2-bedroom suites, which is what we require. If anyone knows a suite hotel within walking distance that would be better, please let me know!
Define what's "reasonable" for you We're paying $156 for 2 queens and a sofa sleeper between two rooms (ie, a bedroom, and a living room, really) at Park Vue Inn (across the street). It's had some good/fine reviews lately, and one really bad one. We're taking our chances. It's across from the pedestrian entrance to DL.

A "Parlor Suite" (similar set-up to above) at the Castle Inn is just a little less ($140 when I checked). It's maybe a 10-15 minute walk. We stayed a little further than this last time, and walked to and from, but it was about the farthest I would consider walking

Quote:
He doesn't really use a stroller anymore, so that's not a concern. But the option to leave the park and come back is something that we do wonder about. Honestly, we thought that might be a total pain with the car - but it sounds like that's not the case, so that's good to know, thanks!
With *any* child under 5 or 6, I'd give SERIOUS thought to bringing a stroller. The average park-goer walks something like 8-10+ miles a day while at Disneyland. Even my 8 year old was looking longingly at the strollers by the end of our first day, LOL! Renting a stroller will set you back $15 a day, or you can buy a cheap Disney-themed umbrella stroller at the Wal-mart a mile or two away for about $15 as well. (And they have "big boy" themes, like Buzz and Cars!)....
Next trip: February 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #21
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Quote:
sechelt, is Mickey & Friends a specific Disneyland lot? Where is the entrance? (Sorry, I'm clearly new at this!)
Here, Wikimapia might help you:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=33.808...4&z=16&l=0&m=b

You may need to resize this or move around the map, depending on the size of your browser window. Mickey and Friends is the parking structure at the upper left corner (again, you may need to move the map in that direction; and you'll need to mouse over it to see it named.). Toy Story is the lot at the lower right corner (may need to move map).

A lot of people around here prefer the Toy Story lot, as you can quickly park and hop on the bus to the park. And there seems to always be ready busses. Some people think Mickey and Friends takes too long to find a space, and has too long a line for the trams. I have no opinion about this -- we always stay walking distance, so I haven't parked at Disneyland for probably 30 years or more

HTH,
Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: