Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #586
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg06
Ok, so we will be arriving at the Poly on Sunday, and today called to have my room request added to my reservation. I asked for a balcony room facing the quiet pool, preferably in Tokelau. When I got my email confirmation (I made a payment, too), the note says:

"balcony nr pool nt grt
gst reg tokula with"

Is this what I asked for?
Looks like it. I read it as "guest request Tokelau with balcony near pool". Not sure what the "nt grt" would stand for. They are pretty good at granting request but it's not guaranteed. The past two times we have stayed there our request has been met. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #587
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Looks like it. I read it as "guest request Tokelau with balcony near pool". Not sure what the "nt grt" would stand for. They are pretty good at granting request but it's not guaranteed. The past two times we have stayed there our request has been met. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
"nt grt" stands for "not guaranteed".
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #588
Eliserose
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
To everyone booking the Poly with discounts and have never stayed, you will love it! We book at other resorts, but always find our way back here to our favorite resort.

I saw that Tikiman has posted on his FB page, a new menu at Tambu Lounge. Has anyone who has been lately seen the new menu, or better yet, ordered anything? We'll be spending a lot of resort on our next trip and I'm thinking we may spend some time enjoying the drinks and a snack. Just curious what the changes are!
The drinks were really good, here are some pics of a few from the menu:
Eliserose is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #589
Eliserose
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 304




Eliserose is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #590
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

"nt grt" stands for "not guaranteed".
Ok, that makes sense. Good to know!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #591
adg06
Earning My Ears
 
adg06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11

Looks like it. I read it as "guest request Tokelau with balcony near pool". Not sure what the "nt grt" would stand for. They are pretty good at granting request but it's not guaranteed. The past two times we have stayed there our request has been met. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
I figured it must be something like that, thanks!
adg06 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #592
adg06
Earning My Ears
 
adg06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

"nt grt" stands for "not guaranteed".
Ok, thanks!
adg06 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #593
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,508

Doin' our single digit dance!!

Interesting, we are now within our 10 days. Last year people staying CL received an email from IPO telling them NOT to do online check-in (since for CL they want you to check in in Hawaii). For a while this year CL guests were getting an email telling them to use online check-in. But a few weeks ago we received instructions to check-in in Hawaii and have not received anything about online check-in since. I wonder if this was just an experiment and it didn't work out very well?
__________________


me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #594
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran
 
DebbyLof428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Doin' our single digit dance!!

Interesting, we are now within our 10 days. Last year people staying CL received an email from IPO telling them NOT to do online check-in (since for CL they want you to check in in Hawaii). For a while this year CL guests were getting an email telling them to use online check-in. But a few weeks ago we received instructions to check-in in Hawaii and have not received anything about online check-in since. I wonder if this was just an experiment and it didn't work out very well?
We were there 2 weeks ago and didn't get an email to do online check-in. Yea for the single digit dance. Hope you'll be posting on FB Live from the Polynesian.
__________________
DebbyLof428 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #595
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

What have I done???

Many of you know that I am a big Poly fan and prefer to stay at the Poly. We took a big family trip this summer and stayed at CSR and BWV. It was nice but so hot and I missed the Poly. DH and I agreed that Sept/Oct is our favorite time to visit due to the weather and MNSSHP (but April/May comes in at a close second). Well, next October is a big bday of mine and we are going to try to go to Hawaii which means no WDW trip for next year.

Well, DH is going out of town for 10 days for a job and I jokingly asked him if I could take a weekend trip with the kids. So silly me plays around with SW airfares...and I realized I could get free plane tickets, a free car rental, one free night hotel at Bonnet Creek (due to frequent traveler points I have), and an AP discount at the Poly for the other nights - and my park ticket is already paid for since I have an AP from my trips earlier this year.

So last night, DH says, "book it. You'll probably find the prices (in points for the airfare) will go up and you'll book it anyway at the higher price tomorrow."

So I did. I booked a QUICK weekend trip for me and the kids.

I woke up this morning wondering - WHAT DID I DO???

We will be at the Poly for two nights of the trip and we leave in 2 weeks. Me...the planner...and I book a trip only 2 weeks out!

So Aloha my friends! I'm joining the excitement once again
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #596
uagirl
Oh Toodles!
 
uagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Doin' our single digit dance!!

Interesting, we are now within our 10 days. Last year people staying CL received an email from IPO telling them NOT to do online check-in (since for CL they want you to check in in Hawaii). For a while this year CL guests were getting an email telling them to use online check-in. But a few weeks ago we received instructions to check-in in Hawaii and have not received anything about online check-in since. I wonder if this was just an experiment and it didn't work out very well?
We were there 2 weeks ago. One party did online check in, the other didn't, just so we could see if it made a difference. The only difference was that our credit card was already linked to our room keys, while the other parties was not.
__________________
1994 - Poly 2000 - Grand Floridian
2008 - WL CL Honeymoon 2009 - WL
2012 - Poly CL


Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-4 Princess C-Mouse - 4 months
uagirl is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #597
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran
 
DebbyLof428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Many of you know that I am a big Poly fan and prefer to stay at the Poly. We took a big family trip this summer and stayed at CSR and BWV. It was nice but so hot and I missed the Poly. DH and I agreed that Sept/Oct is our favorite time to visit due to the weather and MNSSHP (but April/May comes in at a close second). Well, next October is a big bday of mine and we are going to try to go to Hawaii which means no WDW trip for next year.

Well, DH is going out of town for 10 days for a job and I jokingly asked him if I could take a weekend trip with the kids. So silly me plays around with SW airfares...and I realized I could get free plane tickets, a free car rental, one free night hotel at Bonnet Creek (due to frequent traveler points I have), and an AP discount at the Poly for the other nights - and my park ticket is already paid for since I have an AP from my trips earlier this year.

So last night, DH says, "book it. You'll probably find the prices (in points for the airfare) will go up and you'll book it anyway at the higher price tomorrow."

So I did. I booked a QUICK weekend trip for me and the kids.

I woke up this morning wondering - WHAT DID I DO???

We will be at the Poly for two nights of the trip and we leave in 2 weeks. Me...the planner...and I book a trip only 2 weeks out!

So Aloha my friends! I'm joining the excitement once again
Good for you!! Let us know how it goes
__________________
DebbyLof428 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #598
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by uagirl View Post
We were there 2 weeks ago. One party did online check in, the other didn't, just so we could see if it made a difference. The only difference was that our credit card was already linked to our room keys, while the other parties was not.
Last year was our first time CL and we did not use online check-in, as we had been instructed. We were excited about getting our ride over to Hawaii & checking in over there. Instead they grabbed us when we got off the bus and insisted that we check-in in the GCH because Hawaii was too busy.

I'm hoping this year, again with no online check-in, might get the full CL experience!
__________________


me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #599
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran
 
TheNewMrsB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Many of you know that I am a big Poly fan and prefer to stay at the Poly. We took a big family trip this summer and stayed at CSR and BWV. It was nice but so hot and I missed the Poly. DH and I agreed that Sept/Oct is our favorite time to visit due to the weather and MNSSHP (but April/May comes in at a close second). Well, next October is a big bday of mine and we are going to try to go to Hawaii which means no WDW trip for next year.

Well, DH is going out of town for 10 days for a job and I jokingly asked him if I could take a weekend trip with the kids. So silly me plays around with SW airfares...and I realized I could get free plane tickets, a free car rental, one free night hotel at Bonnet Creek (due to frequent traveler points I have), and an AP discount at the Poly for the other nights - and my park ticket is already paid for since I have an AP from my trips earlier this year.

So last night, DH says, "book it. You'll probably find the prices (in points for the airfare) will go up and you'll book it anyway at the higher price tomorrow."

So I did. I booked a QUICK weekend trip for me and the kids.

I woke up this morning wondering - WHAT DID I DO???

We will be at the Poly for two nights of the trip and we leave in 2 weeks. Me...the planner...and I book a trip only 2 weeks out!

So Aloha my friends! I'm joining the excitement once again
Yay! That's so exciting!!!

I find that it's always dangerous to start contemplating a trip to the point where you start looking up fares... It's all over at that point!
__________________
Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

October 1998 - First Visit
September 2008 - Honeymoon, Polynesian
September 2009, 2010, 2012 - Anniversary, Polynesian
December 2012 & 2014 - at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #600
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts
 
xipotec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,380

I broke into the 20's today (meaning less then 30) days left!!!!
__________________
11/2013 POLY Confirmed!
11/2012 POLY! CONFIRMED!
12/2010 Polynesian
Before that too many to list
!


SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: